Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League out now

Machocruz

Arcane
If you're not into fantasy/sci-fi/furry shit, (American) comics don't have as much to offer as books. That's not a fault of the medium though, but the people drawn to working in it and/or the audience. Someone wanting to write the next The Grapes of Wrath is probably not looking at the comics industry.

Anyway, another trailer of CG dummies that reveals nothing interesting. Why don't they just hire actors instead of trying, and failing, to get these animated mannequins to come off as real. I don't understand that or the appeal of watching them in trailer or cutscenes. And can't Superman just end them all right there and then?

wahrk

Learned
Sefton Hill just said it's set in the same universe as the Arkham games (and the animated Assault on Arkham movie). But why? :o

Won't that just limit them in what they can do?

This is set in the Arkham continuity, but Gotham Knights isn’t, which seems odd.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Looks like DC is at it again, striving hard to surpass Marvel levels of cringe. It's all sterile, mechanical and painfully outdated, I can't believe this sort of "humor" is expected to succeed. Please, abort this -or not, the zoomer videomeme tirades out of this might actually be amusing.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Nice graphix, but I'm completely baffled by how people aren't fatigued with this genre, premise, and writing style by now.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm into it! I wouldn't rush out to watch the movie, but for a game, it beats another "they kidnapped the mayor's daughter". Rocksteady's track record for gameplay is beyond excellent so I can live with some mediocre "whoops we killed him" comedy. No particular reason at this point to expect less than a good game.

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Magister
for all the left's bitching about fatshaming and all that, why did they have to take the one superhero character where her being a fat black woman made sense and fit the character and...turn her into some skinny bitch? for christ's sake you'd think they'd leave well enough alone, Amanda Waller shouldn't be someone they'd have to fuck with to fit into the woke agenda and yet they do it anyway (though her characterization is decidedly not woke)

that aside in regards to the game I trust in Rocksteady to provide at least a serviceable gaming experience but the story trailer has me cringing. even the basic premise of the friggin Suicide Squad being sent in to kill the likes of The Flash, Superman, or Green Lantern is just bleh, I mean Captain Boomerang has fought evenly with Flash in the past IIRC but what the fuck is Deadshot, King Shark, or Harley Quinn gonna be able to do to the rest of them?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are Rocksteady even "the Left"? Do they have a history of agenda-pushing? Aside from the obvious "representation for cannibalistic crocodile men" angle.

mogwaimon

Magister
Are Rocksteady even "the Left"? Do they have a history of agenda-pushing? Aside from the obvious "representation for cannibalistic crocodile men" angle.

no but Amanda Waller has been skinny since the New 52 as far as I know and it bugs me. my tirade was not a rant against Rocksteady but rather the new version of the character which has become solidified since the movie Amanda Waller is still a relatively skinny black woman. It's like with Nick Fury in the MCU; sure the design was originally pulled from the Ultimates version of the character which was fine but then they did a whole bunch of weird retconning bullshit to make the version of Nick Fury in the main Marvel universe have the same characteristics as the MCU/Ultimates version of the character...actually I don't know why I'm bringing that up. I guess I'm just an autist.

Still, Waller's nickname is literally 'The Wall' and that's reflected not just in her personality but her physique. She's supposed to look like the Kingpin in terms of size for christ's sake and while I get that it might be difficult to find an actress in Hollywood who could portray that there's just no excuse for video games/comics in that regard

Pound Meat

Prophet
Harley has a shaved head and no boobs. Deadshot is black despite being white in Arkham City. Harley is not wearing booty shorts.

I do not approve of this.

So WTF is going on with Rocksteady? Did they have (multiple?) cancelled projects? Or has this just been such a dumpsterfire that it’s genuinely taking them seven(!) years to put out something playable?

that aside in regards to the game I trust in Rocksteady to provide at least a serviceable gaming experience but the story trailer has me cringing. even the basic premise of the friggin Suicide Squad being sent in to kill the likes of The Flash, Superman, or Green Lantern is just bleh, I mean Captain Boomerang has fought evenly with Flash in the past IIRC but what the fuck is Deadshot, King Shark, or Harley Quinn gonna be able to do to the rest of them?
They're being controlled by the bad guys (was it Brainiac or did I imagine that?) so that can be an excuse for them being more destructive but less skilled because not thinking for themselves. Provides a good excuse for AI stupidity too. :M

mogwaimon

Magister
They're being controlled by the bad guys (was it Brainiac or did I imagine that?) so that can be an excuse for them being more destructive but less skilled because not thinking for themselves. Provides a good excuse for AI stupidity too. :M

a more destructive less skilled Superman seems like it'd still be really bad news for the likes of Quinn and Deadshot TBH, though I see your point

ADL

Prophet
The 6 month Epic Store exclusive leak was bullshit. If you have an active Steam listing like this, it has to release within 30 days of other platforms.

"Citation needed"
Last month, Valve updated its Steam distribution agreement to add the following text. This prevents games from releasing on Steam more than 30 days after the game's initial release on other platforms. Basically, if you don't release your game on Steam within 30 days of other storefronts, Valve doesn't want to sell your game anymore.
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...vented_a_longer_red_dead_redemption_2_delay/1

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
* Before Kevin Conroy died last month, he completed voice work as Batman for this game.

* Game release date is May 26th, 2023.

* Oh yeah new cutscene trailer.

ADL

Prophet
Leaked screenshot from /v/ confirms loot/GaaS elements.
mCFOcC6.png

Wunderbar

Arcane
I thought it was confirmed ages ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom