Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
Armour is going to be a lot more effective in the new league.

Looks like Evasion is going to be in a worse spot due to the merging of evasion and dodge, before they rolled separate dice so you had 2 chances to dodge/evade.
You can now combine block with evasion.. and you should.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Crown of eyes works about 2x better for this than mind of the council. Latter is about 1.3x dmg, worse than EO.

Mind of the council needs that "spell dmg to attack dmg" . Too bad you can't have this as an enchant.
For Doryani's Fist or Bloodseeker?

Now both are redundant. And you shouldn't be a warrior class to make use of obvious caster gear like the fist.
Berserker is honestly pretty ideal for Doryani's Fist. Rage is too useful, especially with tripled bonuses.

And if you want a warrior class Crown of Eyes build there is Brutus's Lead Sprinkler with Repentance and probably Iron Fortress.

Well ideal for me would be something inbetween Mind of the Council and the Crown of Eyes so I keep my char mostly as it is. Maybe sometime they turn these into rollable mods .

ah I will do my usual flask caster thing because some nice flask's buff, liked Ventor's Gamble a lot, now will try Sibyl's Lament ("Left ring slot: You and your Minions take 80% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage) and hook up with Atziri most likely. Also getting that skimpy MTX supporter pack for the scion.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Energy blade skill looks cool. Should be fairly easy to get like 2-4k ES and buff your weapon lightning damage to obscene heights. So obscene that I am pretty sure I am not understanding the skill properly.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
how do you stack damage on those poisonous flasks? Having beefy life flask is obvious but does it really interact with tree based on tags? Unarmed dmg scaling works?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Items drop stacking is a thing now.
After years of begging it's finally here.
Cadiro died for this.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The situation must be really bad, they've rolled out even more QoL changes.
Yep you've predicted it ahead of time. So it seems that QoL isn't that hard to implement after all.

It is a bit suspicious that things that they have previously claimed are "too difficult to implement/the technology isn't there yet" or "bad for game balance" always get implemented whenever there is a big dip in numbers or community rage going on.

Makes you wonder what else they're saving up to placate the community in the future.

Gerrard

Arcane
Honestly watching the league reveal got me a bit hyped, but then I read the patch notes and they were like a bucket of cold water.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly watching the league reveal got me a bit hyped, but then I read the patch notes and they were like a bucket of cold water.

Depends a bit on the build. As usual a lot have been fucked into uselessness (RIP Tricksters), but many will benefit this league/patch.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Depends a bit on the build. As usual a lot have been fucked into uselessness (RIP Tricksters), but many will benefit this league/patch.
  • Added a new notable, which replaces Ghost Dance, that provides "Every 10 seconds, take no Damage over Time for 5 seconds."

sounds like funny RF thing though. Does it also allow to jump into darkness in delve?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yea I was thinking going Trickster Ignite but after all these nerfs I think I am doing Elementalist instead. Probably Arc or some other Lightning skill so I can use EE with no problems and can even crit more often to activate EO.

Gerrard

Arcane

The shit like the Breach unique """buffs""" are a joke, the new Trickster passive is a joke, they fucked flasks last patch with their reactive gameplay delusions and now they are reverting it, only skills that were touched besides nerfs are skills from last league.
The passive tree changes are probably the only good thing, unless it turns out they actually suck.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Tbh tricksters were VERY strong, so them getting nerfed a bit isn't the worst thing. Sucks that you have to path through a shitty node to get their good defensive node though.
Makes you wonder what else they're saving up to placate the community in the future.
Fucking hope this league is garbage and everyone hates it so we can get the zoom out "feature" next patch.
I hope that's how it's going to be.
Considering how many performance issues the game has already, I would not expect zoom out to be a thing. More likely there will be a death log telling you how you died, or automated trading for currencies and other commodities.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
automated trading for currencies and other commodities.
exchange would fix many issues players are having yes, but also it taking percentage, thus removing some currency from economy would be even better

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
so they never did anything about the camera being zoomed in on your ass?

The technology just isn't there yet.

Also think of how unbalanced the game will be if you could zoom out slightly more and see 1/10th more of the screen.

I'm joking, but I'm pretty sure Chris Wilson has brought out these two exact reasons before in response to the zoom level.

exchange would fix many issues players are having yes, but also it taking percentage, thus removing some currency from economy would be even better

People would also still presumably have the ability to trade currencies manually if they didn't want to give "the man" a cut.

Seems like that would be a win win to the issue of currency trading being a slog. Use automated system for convenience and lose a small percentage, or do it manually/current way and get full amount but lose time.

Perkel

Arcane
I was hyped for hard mode. They said it will come after launch as alpha. Hard mode will be released with big next expansion before christmass.

tritosine2k

Erudite
That but unironically,
zoom out needs perfect anti aliasing, and they can't rely on old frames to "do it" like AAA because so much changes + transparency. Game seems to be stuck (without some breakthrough) on 1080p outside campaign too , and it's already a less than stellar 1080p image ( postprocess AA because MSAA was dropped sometime. Wolcen has the same problem ,BTW you can mod the fov in that game if you like to experiment, and you can see how much temporal blurs ,ugh ) .

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
That but unironically,
zoom out needs perfect anti aliasing, and they can't rely on old frames to "do it" like AAA because so much changes + transparency. Game seems to be stuck (without some breakthrough) on 1080p outside campaign too , and it's already a less than stellar 1080p image ( postprocess AA because MSAA was dropped sometime. Wolcen has the same problem ,BTW you can mod the fov in that game if you like to experiment, and you can see how much temporal blurs ,ugh ) .

you realize there's hacks to zoom the camera out, right?

tritosine2k

Erudite
Theoretically you can reproject d2r 's pseudo isometric gfx well. But in practice you start to curtail motion parallax, transparency, whole lot of dynamism because particles etc. Not worth it AFAICT.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Looks neat
p5zr0mc3q6u71.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom