Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
So I can see that logically d2jsp is a big piece of shit and waste of time, but I found some stuff that was worth a pretty penny and went from 500 FG to 2000 in a few a days and oh god I'm feeling that itch
YOU GOT ANY OF THOSE RARE ITEMS??
tyrone-biggums-1344154146.png

And I'm not even in Hell yet, just playing in A5 Nightmare.
Well, when the servers aren't down anyway.

Last edited:

Learned
Is it bad that I'm having so much fun?

As I said a few pages ago I'm playing legacy with Plugy and D2DX for widescreen, high FPS and shared stash, i.e. all of Resurrected's major advantages I would be interested in, and none of Activision's horseshit. Fair deal. players5 or 7 is another story but corpse explosion is insanely powerful at players1 because it deals damage based on a dead monster's hp instead of flat damage, so even Hell difficulty is a breeze if you pay attention to bursty dangerous monsters. Persistently did a rotation of Andariel, Meph, Countess and a few other maps and got insanely lucky with a shako (low def, but can't complain), highlords for a future melee alt, trang armor and a bunch of small time stuff on the same day. Also cubed decent bases for Insight and even stashed a 3os Mage Plate for my future Enigma with the low quality > normal > socketed cube formulae. Also stashed a 5os phase blade to make Grief also for a future melee alt. Still need Jah, Ber and Lo of course, plus other runes for CTA and possibly other high-end runewords, which will take long ass long, but I'm in the mood. I'm hooked again.

4UQ5jUx.png

kEJPgXb.png

+17 meditation would be even better, but good rolls on this Insight and I can't be arsed to cube and reroll right now. Was tremendously lucky with the 4os ethereal Thresher base, too.

cUTsikD.png

Willingly made a non-ethereal duress for my desert mercenary in case I ever roll a melee character. As far as elite light armor bases go Archon Plate with 500+ defense would be ideal but 3os 480ish def Wire Fleece dropped and I wasn't picky.

I know this is small time compared to gg stuff, but it didn't take long to get decent from scratch and more importantly, I gathered all these while D2Rfriends were enjoying their daily downtime.

Last edited:
Is it bad that I'm having so much fun?

As I said a few pages ago I'm playing legacy with Plugy and D2DX for widescreen, high FPS and shared stash, i.e. all of Resurrected's major advantages I would be interested in, and none of Activision's horseshit. Fair deal.
I did basically the same thing. Modded D2 for quality of life shit (Resolution, infinite stash tabs, automatically picking up gold by walking over it, etc) as well as casual clicking shit (Bumped up magic find and infinite respecs because god damn it I hate farming and I hate twinking) and it's been fun. Been probably around a decade since I played D2 last and turning it into some laid back solo clicks has been great. Had been a bit tempted by D2R but after it showed me it couldn't handle my shitty internet connection it put me off enough I decided to dick around with D2 mods on a whim and it's quite nice.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Artisan's is a magic item prefix that just gives sockets. That's why there are no +stats even though it definitely is a magic item, the color already gives that away.

Renevent

Cipher
Cool, thanks for info. Sucks I blew those runes though lol really needed that upgrade.

Renevent

Cipher
Played a ton, it's just been like 15 years since I've last played. And truthfully while I remember getting to hell back then I never really played it hardcore or really knew about all the specific requirements of all the different systems.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Any insight into why this didn't work?

https://imgur.com/a/tgt3zoo

That's a magical shield, it has to be a normal white one with the right number of sockets, superior items also work.
Ethereal also works, though you have to live with the downsides of not being repairable
Weren't there runewords that made it indestructible?
I think, but I don’t know, that the tension here is rune words that make a magical ethereal indestructible vs rune words that make a white ethereal magical and quite powerful (building on % increases of the defense, which are elevated due to being ethereal) but keep the durability limit.

Cael

Arcane
Any insight into why this didn't work?

https://imgur.com/a/tgt3zoo

That's a magical shield, it has to be a normal white one with the right number of sockets, superior items also work.
Ethereal also works, though you have to live with the downsides of not being repairable
Weren't there runewords that made it indestructible?
I think, but I don’t know, that the tension here is rune words that make a magical ethereal indestructible vs rune words that make a white ethereal magical and quite powerful (building on % increases of the defense, which are elevated due to being ethereal) but keep the durability limit.
You can't make magical stuff into runeword items, period. It doesn't matter what the magical effect is. I am talking about white ethereals made into indestructible runewords, which allows you to keep the bonus of ethereal with none of the downsides.

There is a rune that makes items indestructible, Zod. It's the rarest one in the game that you'll probably never find even if you are farming 24/7 for months. It's not worth it. There are runewords that make items indestructible (or self repairing) without Zod but I'm not sure if they are better than just using a non-ethereal weapon with another runeword that is perhaps better. In general defense is a weak stat so it's only ethereal weapons you care about and even then only if you are hitting and using the physical damage.

The advantage of Ethereal is that Mercs don't lose durability on their equipment ever, so they can use those ethereal runewords very, very well to do massive damage and have fairly good defense.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
There is a rune that makes items indestructible, Zod. It's the rarest one in the game that you'll probably never find even if you are farming 24/7 for months. It's not worth it. There are runewords that make items indestructible (or self repairing) without Zod but I'm not sure if they are better than just using a non-ethereal weapon with another runeword that is perhaps better. In general defense is a weak stat so it's only ethereal weapons you care about and even then only if you are hitting and using the physical damage.

The advantage of Ethereal is that Mercs don't lose durability on their equipment ever, so they can use those ethereal runewords very, very well to do massive damage and have fairly good defense.
Defense is considered weak because it doesn't work when you are running. And since people are running 99.99% of the time, the perception is out there that it is weak. A high def can save you, but you become a sitting duck for ranged magic due to lack of mobility.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Phase Blades don't state it, but they're naturally indestructible as well and make good bases for that reason.

Cerulean

Cipher
Last night, lost a level-7 HC Amazon due to my home internet sputtering out for a bit. No big deal, but lesson learned: The first time your game closes due to a network issue, log back in to see if your character survived, then simply call it a day and try again tomorrow. Oh well. Some things haven't changed in twenty years.

flushfire

Augur
Wouldn't have bought this shit if it weren't for some friends who wanted to play together after such a long time. But online is utter shit and we can't even play anyway lol

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, i know all too well about dialup lockouts for online HC/permadeath games. Oh it was brutal shit. I also had severe lag so it was like playing chess knowing how mobs attacked and trying to time everything to get anywhere. Good times...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom