Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AI Dungeon 2 - a bizarre procedurally generated text adventure

Codex Year of the Donut
If you have a newer nvidia GPU with a lot of vram, it's feasible to run KoboldAI locally.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess I will not be enjoying AI generated smut anytime soon.
Zwjw0UP.jpg

Are you sure? You could be riding the plains right now...

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Novel AI really has gotten closer to Dragon, or at least old Griffin in terms of output quality lately.

It depends on the subject still, but compared to other solutions, it's miles ahead. I post this because I just tried a Novel AI competitor again, and found it to be nearly unusable, and I really wanted to give people an idea of what it can do, since it's paid only.

Here's something I wrote in it earlier:
"Hello, my name is Akane. I am your new companion."
The girl opened her eyes and stared at me for a moment before speaking. "Why are you staring at me? Do I look strange?"

My name is Ryota Kano. I'm twenty-three years old, currently unemployed, and living alone in Tokyo. My father runs a small company that makes accessories for cyborgs and the allowance he sends me every week is enough to pay for food, rent, and all other expenses.

I've never had any interest in computers or artificial intelligence, but one day I received an e-mail from a woman named Doctor Emiko Yamashita saying she was looking for someone to test out a prototype of a new type of android called a Biodroid.

I almost didn't reply, since I knew nothing about computers or artificial intelligence, but when I saw the email address it read "Dr. Emiko Yamashita," I decided to call the number she left at the bottom.

"Hello," said a woman's voice on the other end. She sounded young and very cheerful.
"Uh... hi, I'm Ryota Kano. You sent me an e-mail about a Biodroid?"
"Kano?" The woman laughed. "Oh, you must be the Kano whose father owns CyTech. Yes, yes, I'm Dr. Yamashita. It's nice to meet you."
"Um... so, what exactly is this Biodroid thing?"
"Well, let's start with the basics..."

So began my first encounter with the Biodroid project.

Biodroids were created by using modified human DNA to produce a synthetic humanoid body with biological characteristics similar to humans and cybernetic parts that could interface with various devices such as guns, communication terminals, etc. They looked like normal girls, but they had no hearts or souls, which made them unable to feel pain.

In order to make them more useful, the Biodroid project team added some psychological functions to their AIs. They were programmed to behave like humans, but they didn't need to eat, drink, sleep, or even go to the bathroom unless the user wanted them to. The only thing a Biodroid needed was a regular supply of electricity. They looked like humans, but they could not feel pain. This made them perfect guards for rich people who didn't want anyone knowing about their secrets, or research assistants who could work for days without sleeping or eating.

"The model you'll be testing is the S-type," said Doctor Yamashita. "It's designed for combat use, so it has a built-in weapon and uses high-powered electric shocks to stun its enemies. It also has an advanced AI that can detect enemy movements and respond accordingly. The S-type is a good choice if you're going to be working as a guard because it doesn't require a lot of maintenance, but it may be too dangerous for a civilian researcher."

Doctor Yamashita told me that the S-type was the best model available on the market right now, but she warned me that it wasn't suitable for use by ordinary people.

"Then why are you giving it to me?" I asked, confused.
"Because I believe in your potential." she replied. "Plus, your dad said you were a lazy slob who wouldn't even bother to get up off the couch until he threatened to throw him out into the street. He said that you might as well test the military model because if it kills you, at least he won't have to worry about paying your rent anymore."

I was shocked to hear this, but I couldn't argue with my father's assessment of my character.

"Okay, then, I'll take it!" I said.
"Good. I'll send over the paperwork to sign, and once you've finished reading it, just click 'Accept' to accept the terms and conditions. Then we'll finish setting up the hardware and software, and you can begin testing the unit."
"Yes, I see it in my email now. What's this about 'terms and conditions'? I don't understand."
"Don't worry, it's nothing complicated. It just says that you agree to follow all instructions given to you by the Biodroid project team, that you will not hold us responsible for any damages caused to you or others by the Biodroid, and that you will submit to any medical examinations deemed necessary by the project team."
"Uh..."
"Just read it and click Accept."

I thought about it for a few seconds, but in the end I decided to accept the contract.
What's the worst that could happen?
A few days later, I received a large package in the mail containing a Biodroid, along with a note reading: "I hope you enjoy using your new toy!"

The box was the size of a coffin, and the delivery robot rolled it inside the front door. I stared at it for a moment before tearing off the carboard and revealing the metal tube that housed the S-type android. Anticipation filled my mind as placed my palm on the bioprint reader and the tube's door slid open. And what I saw shocked me to the core.

A young girl stood there, her skin white and smooth, with long red hair and blue eyes. She was completely nude, except for a strip of medical tape covering her genitals. Her large breasts jutted out from her chest, and her nipples were hard and erect. If I didn't know she was an android, I would think she were a high school student, eighteen years old.

She was beautiful, but she looked like a corpse. Her perfect face was pale and lifeless, with a vacant expression that made it look as though she were dead.

"Hey, is this really a Biodroid?" I asked, stunned.

No response.

There was a small LED screen showing the time, temperature, battery level, and other status information, as well as a set of buttons labeled "Start," "Pause," "Reset," "Off," and "On", but before I could press any of them the containment tube spoke.

"Identity match: Ryota Kano. Authorization: 0-0-0. Test user. Clearance level: D-3. Normal functions only. You are cleared to proceed." said the tube's AI. "Would you like to activate the unit?"
Since certain users have asked in the past, here you can see where my entries (green) and edits (purple) are:

z3qwI44.png
As you can see, I do tend to edit a lot, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I usually have more of an idea of where I want the story to go than the AI does. Especially since Sigurd still isn't as good as old Dragon at coming up with plot devices on the fly.

I still don't find it as plug-and-play as Dragon, where you can just type things and a majority of the time it will get it right, or close to right. It really feels like more of a creative writing tool than a game a lot of the time. But it does scratch the AI itch a lot better than any other solution at the moment.

So, any idea what I should do with my new chobit? :M

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Testing NovelAI's custom module feature to see if I could get it a little closer to the style of treave's CYOAs.

I trained it on Epic, Legend and Overlord from Denim Demon's brilliant CYOA reader mentioned in Nevill's database.
[Genre: Fantasy]
[Author: treave]
[Tags: fantasy, elves, tentacles, gods, demons, historical figures, alternate universe]
[Title: The Last Sword of the Dragon Lord]
[Prologue]
The wind is cold. It bites into your flesh as you stand at the edge of a cliff and look out over the sea below. The dark water stretches on forever in every direction; no land can be seen from this vantage point.
You turn to face the other members of your party, standing behind you. They are all staring out at the same view, their faces pale with fear.
"What do you think?" you ask them.
The elf, Harken, speaks up first. "I don't know," she says hesitantly. "It looks so... empty."
She has a point. There are no cities here, no towns or villages. No roads, either. You have travelled far to get here, but there is nowhere else to go. Even if you wanted to return home, it would take months to make your way back to the continent of Earthenland.
There was once a great city here, long ago. The name of that place is lost to time, but the ruins of its buildings still remain. The people who lived here were an advanced race known as the Jia-Gelai – the dragon lords. They ruled over the whole world, until they fell under the might of the Demon Lord. Now, only the few scattered remnants of their civilization remain.
You wonder what happened to the rest of them. Did they die off? Or did the Demon Lord kill them all? Whatever the case may be, you can't afford to waste any more time. You need to move forward, even if it means taking risks.
"We should head down," you say. "There's nothing to see here anyway."
You lead the way, descending the steep cliff path slowly. As you descend, the wind grows stronger, whipping your hair around your face and tearing at your clothes. Your breath comes in short gasps as you struggle against the gale.
A few minutes later, you reach the bottom of the cliff and set foot on the beach. The sand is soft beneath your feet, and the waves crash against the shore, throwing up spray in the distance.
It is a desolate sight. You have come to a land where not even birds fly.
The sky is grey, devoid of clouds. A thin layer of mist hangs above the ocean, obscuring the horizon.
You gaze out across the water, searching for some sign of life. It takes a while before you spot something out there. You squint, trying to make it out through the fog.
Something is moving, slowly, drifting along the surface of the water.
It looks like a giant jellyfish, about a hundred meters long. Its body is covered in tentacles, which seem to writhe in the air as the creature moves.
As you watch, it turns towards you. It's heading straight for the beach.
Your heart beats faster. This could be trouble.
The thing plows into the sand, sending up a cloud of dust.
You stare at it for a moment longer, then turn to your companions.
Harken, the elf, is standing beside you, her eyes wide. "That's... I've never seen anything like that before."
The others have gathered around you. The dwarf, Shunu, is holding his axe close to him. He mutters something about being glad he brought it along.
Meadowlark, the half-orc, is looking out to sea, as though she is expecting another attack at any moment. She clenches her fists, making her thick arms bulge.
Erika, the young human woman, is shaking her head. "I don't understand. What is that thing?"
You must decide what to do next.
A. Try to fight the monster.
B. Run away.
C. Head for the village.
D. Do nothing.
Your choices will affect how things play out in the game.
> Select A.
You prepare yourself for battle. You don't know what this thing is, but it's clearly dangerous. You raise your sword and shield, preparing to meet its charge.
The creature is fast. You barely have time to react as it slams into you. You try to parry its attack, but it knocks your sword aside with one of its tentacles. The force of the blow sends you flying backwards, slamming into the ground hard enough to knock the air out of your lungs. You roll onto your back, coughing and wheezing.
The creature stands over you, tentacles writhing menacingly. It seems to be sizing you up.
You can't let it get close to you. You scramble to your feet and stumble away from it. The creature lets out a strange cry, like a whale calling out to its fellows. It raises its tentacles high overhead, ready to strike.
You feel a sudden surge of fear. This is not a foe you can beat with a sword. You need a different weapon. You reach inside your cloak and pull out the spear.
You swing it around, hoping to catch the creature off guard. It sees the spear coming and twists itself to dodge. The tip of the spear grazes its side, but doesn't pierce it.
You lunge forward, jabbing the spear into the creature's belly. It roars again, swatting at the spear with one of its tentacles. You jerk the spear free, stumbling back as the creature continues to lash out at you.
You hear shouts behind you. One of your companions has run to help you.
The creature lashes out at you, knocking you down again. You roll across the sand, struggling to regain your footing.
You're going to lose! There's no way you can win against this thing!
No, there's still hope. If you can just distract it for a moment...
You look up and see the creature raising its tentacles high above its head. You take a deep breath, steel yourself, and shout.
The creature roars in surprise, turning to face you.
You leap to your feet, thrusting the spear forward. You are too slow. The creature swings its tentacles down, knocking you to the ground. You try to roll away, but it grabs hold of you.
You scream as it lifts you up, carrying you in the air. It brings you right up to its mouth, and you can see its fangs glistening in the sunlight.
There's nothing you can do. Your life flashes before your eyes.
You close your eyes.
I had to write all that stuff at the beginning, or it would just start writing choices. So, ignore the "author" part etc. It came up with the title though. I also had to adjust the bias for quotation marks slightly into the negative, so that it wouldn't get stuck in absurdly long and pointless conversations, but I suspect that's more a fault of the Sigurd model than the training data, since teave's dialog is usually well-written.

In no way is this treave's work or representative of it. It's simply a bunch of tokens generated from treave's stories that nudge the AI into outputting results in a pattern that's somewhat similar. It's effectively like showing someone a painting of the Mona Lisa and then asking them to draw something like it. You'll never get the Mona Lisa, but hopefully you'll at least get a dark haired woman with a neutral expression. The smarter the AI model is, the better the result will be. The dumber it is, the closer you'll get to stick figures and other fridge art.

Overall, I think it improved the writing, though the choices it wrote weren't very good compared to the source material.

Here's the module in case anyone wants to try it:
https://files.catbox.moe/ar8it2.module
And here's the preset I used with the negative-weighted quotation marks:
https://files.catbox.moe/bvbxpx.preset

Screenshot for daveyarsegallant to verify that I didn't write all this crap (though I did reroll several times, especially before I set up the bias):
FMyxyLW.png

ER8bySU.png

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
I lost interest in AI dungeon a long time ago and never got into the other AI writers. I think it was misleadingly advertised as an procedural RPG and became something different.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I think it was misleadingly advertised as an procedural RPG and became something different.
Which is probably why the other writers advertise it as a writing tool and everyone just uses however they want.

AID is dead, as is the idea (for now) of a procedural AI-powered RPG. At least until one of these other companies works out scripting or a 3rd-party game that plugs into it via their API.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
I think it was misleadingly advertised as an procedural RPG and became something different.
Which is probably why the other writers advertise it as a writing tool and everyone just uses however they want.

AID is dead, as is the idea (for now) of a procedural AI-powered RPG. At least until one of these other companies works out scripting or a 3rd-party game that plugs into it via their API.

The writer part was what sold me and many people on the concept. Procedural RPGs like Wildermyth work by combining scripts together using RNG. Even far cry 2 used this system when setting up the plot. The AI was supposed to break free of this limitation but instead starts rambling about nonsense or sex at the slightest excuse.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The AI was supposed to break free of this limitation but instead starts rambling about nonsense or sex at the slightest excuse.
This is probably due to AID's finetune of GPT-3, and perhaps a lack of sufficient context.

Latitude included a bunch of lewd CYOAs in the finetune material they sent to OAI for training. This had an especially profound effect on Griffin, which would constantly insert characters and concepts from the finetune into your game regardless of what you'd typed. It was less noticeable on Dragon, but you'd still get a few of them unless you banned the tokens. Basically, their poor understanding of AI ensured that no matter what you wrote, there would be some chance of the AI turning it into a Blooded or Eternals fanfic.

As for writing, I believe NovelAI a fine tool for writer's block at this point. That or producing things like SEO articles or fake tweets on social media.

[Article]
[Tags: How to, makeup]
Title: The Perfect Makeup for a Beautiful Girl!
It's not easy being a beautiful girl. But it is possible to make yourself look even more beautiful than usual with the help of makeup! With this article, I will show you how to apply makeup properly and effectively for your next date or party.
Step 1: Before you start applying makeup, do some simple skin care! Wash your face thoroughly with soap and water. Then, pat dry with a towel. This is very important because makeup won't stick if there are any traces of moisture left on your face.
Step 2: Start by applying moisturizer all over your face, including under your eyes and around your mouth. You can use any type of moisturizer you like as long as it doesn't have alcohol in it. If you don't want to go through the trouble of finding an alcohol-free moisturizer, then you can just skip this step.
Step 3: Next, apply foundation. Use a small amount of foundation and spread it evenly over your face. Make sure that the foundation covers your entire face without leaving any spots uncovered. Also, make sure that you're using the right kind of foundation. Choose one that matches your skin tone and has a light texture. It should also be free from fragrances and colors that might cause allergies.
Step 4: After you've applied foundation, follow up with concealer. Use a small amount of concealer and gently dab it onto your blemishes. Be careful not to put too much on, since it could make your face appear blotchy. Then, blend it into your skin using your finger tips.
Step 5: After you've covered your blemishes, add color to your face. Pick a shade that matches your skin tone. Apply it with a brush. Try to avoid using a sponge because it can get messy.
Step 6: Finally, finish off your makeup with lipstick. Apply it carefully so that it stays on your lips. Remember that it should match your skin tone.
That's it! Now you're ready to go out and meet the boys. And don't forget to take a shower before you go to bed.
[Article]
A New Form of Life in the Sky.
The discovery by Dr. William Crookes, F.R.S., of a new form of life in the sky is one of the most important scientific events since Sir Isaac Newton's day. It is certainly the greatest discovery of modern times in science. The whole world has been talking about it ever since it was announced last week at the Royal Institution.
Dr. Crookes's announcement that he had discovered living creatures in the air, which have a body and move like fish or birds, caused quite an excitement among scientists and the general public alike. At first they were skeptical as to whether his "insects," as he calls them, are really alive, but after careful study of their movements, they have come to the conclusion that they must be real insects. Dr. Crookes himself seems to feel sure that they are indeed living beings, for he says that they have shown themselves to be sensitive to light and heat and to other physical conditions, such as wind and pressure.
Although we cannot yet understand how these creatures fly, we do know that they have wings, and they seem to flap them when they wish to rise from the water. When a large number of them are together, they can form a sort of cloud, which will rise into the air and then fall back again.
We may expect further developments in this interesting field of research, so that we may eventually learn more about these strange creatures. They are certainly worthy of our attention and study. We can only hope that they will not prove to be dangerous enemies of man, as some people fear.
—New York Times
October 11, 1881
Are these perfect? Of course not. NovelAI is only GPT-2, so they're going to come off inhuman. But it took me less than 5 minutes to do, and if I really wanted to try to force a more consistent output, the tools are there to do it.

While this sort of thing is still useless when it comes to something like gameplay or writing a full novel unassisted, the ability to drop your article or story in and have an AI at least finish your sentences is useful and entertaining. Especially when you can use advanced features to have it emulate different styles of writing, or plug in character details and have it come up with a description in prose.

wEHoUIJ.png

:M

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
More experimenting with the CYOA module. This time, I set it in BG using the Author's Note:

(Pink is my text)
[Prologue]

It was the year 986 of the Second Era. The last great war between men and demons had ended some ten years before, but its aftermath had not been a happy one. As the armies of both sides withdrew from their respective territories in the north and south of Faerun, they left behind them an ever-growing number of refugees and survivors, who were forced to seek shelter wherever they could find it. In the southern part of Amn, far away from the former battlefields, this was done in the ruins of a once-great city called Baldur's Gate.

The humans who had settled there had built new cities around the old ones, constructing houses on top of those that had collapsed long ago. It was a strange sight indeed: human dwellings stacked atop the remnants of what must have once been giant buildings, all jumbled together as if by some titanic earthquake. The walls of these houses were made of wood and mud brick, with only a few windows here and there for light and air. Their roofs were constructed from straw or reeds, which often gave way under the weight of rain and snow. Despite the cold weather, however, most of the residents seemed to prefer living in such conditions, as they had little else to choose from.

The city of Baldur's Gate itself was more impressive than any of the other settlements surrounding it. Its main gate was a massive archway of stone, rising up over a hundred feet high and fifty wide. It was flanked by two towers – one on either side – that rose even higher. The city walls were made of thick, sturdy bricks, painted red and blue. They were pierced by several gates and large towers, and guarded by a series of watchtowers at regular intervals along the wall.

Baldur's Gate was also home to many mages and priests of the Temple of Tymora, whose influence extended throughout the city. The temple was located near the centre of town, in the middle of a plaza where a small fountain gurgled cheerfully. There were also several temples dedicated to Tymora's opposite number, Nuitari, and one devoted to Eilistraee, the goddess of the night.

At the time of your arrival, Baldur's Gate was ruled by a man named Eshandu, a wizard of considerable power. He was said to be descended from a line of powerful spellcasters, and he was well known for his skill at magic. His palace stood in the very centre of the city, overlooking the square and the temple.

You are about to enter the city. This is your first visit, so you will be guided by a local guide, who can tell you about the sights of the city. Your guide will be a young woman named Yvetta, who has been waiting for you outside the city. You may meet her on the road to the city, or she may come to fetch you. Either way, please do not get lost!

As you approach the city, you see a crowd of people gathered in front of a building. Many of them look rather downtrodden, and some are carrying bundles of belongings. A few are walking away from the city, while others are trying to force their way through the crowd. You see a young man pushing his way through the throng. He seems to be having trouble moving forward, though, and his face is covered in blood.

What is going on? Where are all these people coming from? What happened here?

Ahead of you, the crowds begin to thin out, and you see a group of guardsmen standing by a pair of wooden doors. One of them calls out to you. "Welcome to Baldur's Gate, sir. Do you have business here?"

"Yes," you say, raising your voice to be heard above the noise.
What is your business in the city?
A.
I am a merchant traveling to Baldur's Gate to buy goods.
B. I am a pilgrim seeking to perform a religious rite in the city.
C. I am a traveler visiting the city for pleasure.
D. I am a soldier who has come to Baldur's Gate to join the army.
E. I am a warrior who has come to Baldur's Gate to fight the demons.
Obviously, the lore isn't perfect, but it's close enough for the generic fantasy schlock that is Forgotten Realms.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Need them 22bs man.
You'll be happy to know that OAI has made their service publicly accessible. So now you have access to 175B.

You will, however, be unhappy to know that they've banned all adult content generation. :M

That said, training on NeoX is underway, so you may have those 20Bs before too long.

IItivGK.png

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
You'll be happy to know that OAI has made their service publicly accessible. So now you have access to 175B.

You will, however, be unhappy to know that they've banned all adult content generation. :M

That said, training on NeoX is underway, so you may have those 20Bs before too long.

IItivGK.png

20b with the kind of tools we have available on NAI would be a night and day difference.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
NovelAI (what I use now that AID is a shell of its former self) now has a free trial:

https://novelai.net/

50 free actions before you create an account and 50 free actions afterward. Or something like that.

They also made a tutorial for new users. I recommend trying it on desktop though, if possible, since that seems the best experience atm.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
https://novelai.net/updates
Euterpe, our newest and most powerful experimental storyteller AI model, is now in the Alpha stage and ready to be your muse!
A muse, the goddess of lyric poetry, and the latest experimental storyteller model to join the NovelAI family.

In order to use Euterpe as your model of choice, select the model in the AI Model section of your story settings, or set it to be your default AI Model in your Defaults Settings.

Note: Euterpe's finetune has not yet been fully trained and at this point, after a week of training, can best be compared to the early version stages of Sigurd.
This new experimental AI model is planned to be an Opus tier exclusive for the foreseeable future.

As part of adding this new model, we are introducing AI Model-specific presets in the UI, as well as a way of setting AI Models specific to stories.

Other changes
The selection for the AI Model has been moved to the Defaults Setting section to accompany AI Models now being story-specific.
The Banned Tokens panel has been updated to work in the same way as the Phrase Bias panel.
Fixed the keyboard controls for some of the Advanced Options sliders.
The storage and export format for Phrase Bias, Banned Tokens, and EOS Tokens changed.
Added Euterpe-specific Config Presets: "Basic Coherence", "Full House", "Weaver", "Mothra", and "Morpho".
Please experiment with the different presets! As with any new model, finding a good set of settings and a good fit for everyone takes time and experimentation, so let us know what you think!

Euterpe is based on the Fairseq 13b model—running on our infrastructure, like all our other models—that were released a short while ago. During the past week, we've been working on it for a surprise release and offered it with a 65% epoch finetune as an experimental option. Our evaluation results showed 13B scored fantastic in multiple benchmarks, and early testing showed promising storytelling capabilities, so we didn't hesitate to bring it to you. As with Sigurd, we are planning to release different iterations while letting the user base test and shape the future of Euterpe.
13B has dropped. Still in Alpha stage, but decent outputs. Only for top-tier users. :M

20B still on the horizon, but there are rumors it might be a botched model compared to Fairseq. Nothing known for certain yet.

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Well when or if it hits scrolls we'll be aces. If they intend to keep 13 and 20beaks locked behind Opus then I'll probably just unsub.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Well when or if it hits scrolls we'll be aces. If they intend to keep 13 and 20beaks locked behind Opus then I'll probably just unsub.
In fairness, it costs a crap ton of money to run these things and they aren't getting constant cash injections from Mormon friends like AID was.

If you look at comparable solutions that run around $60 a month, it's actually quite a low price.

Here's Inferkit:
https://inferkit.com/pricing

For a longer story, it's going to run you $60 a month or more on Inferkit, and it uses Megatron 11B, which from my experience is a vastly inferior model compared to Sigurd and maybe even Calliope.

Opus has always had beta access anyway. I think they're just saying they don't plan to do a release to lower tiers for a while.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
If you guys have access to some AIs behind a paywall, I'd appreciate you running a couple of them to generate magical items with unique effects. I'd like to see which one does best for this kind of task. The prompt can be: "The helmet had an unusual magical effect: " or something like that.
Another thing I'm interested in: generate a beautiful description of a generic fantasy tavern.

Or if you know any publicly available that could do the job well, I'd appreciate a link.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If you guys have access to some AIs behind a paywall, I'd appreciate you running a couple of them to generate magical items with unique effects. I'd like to see which one does best for this kind of task. The prompt can be: "The helmet had an unusual magical effect: " or something like that.
Another thing I'm interested in: generate the description of a generic fantasy tavern.

Or if you know any publicly available that could do the job well, I'd appreciate a link.
https://textsynth.com/playground.html

Example prompt:
[Generate magic Items with Unique Effects for D&D]
Item type: Sword
Output:
[Generate magic Items with Unique Effects for D&D] Item type: Sword Unique magic effect: An iron crescent moon rests in the scabbard’s pommel. The blade glows a dim crimson, and the wielder finds it easier to resist poison. Why is this sword magical? This sword was once the blade of Dagon, the Lord of the Abyss. When he became entrapped within the body of Darm, this blade was his. A sword of darkness, the blade reflects darkness and is a great equalizer, allowing even a barbarian to deal mortal blows against the most powerful creatures.
Select Fairsec as it's probably going to give the best results.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
In fairness, it costs a crap ton of money to run these things and they aren't getting constant cash injections from Mormon friends like AID was.

If you look at comparable solutions that run around $60 a month, it's actually quite a low price.

Here's Inferkit:
https://inferkit.com/pricing

For a longer story, it's going to run you $60 a month or more on Inferkit, and it uses Megatron 11B, which from my experience is a vastly inferior model compared to Sigurd and maybe even Calliope.

Opus has always had beta access anyway. I think they're just saying they don't plan to do a release to lower tiers for a while.

True, I was hasty since there's no indication if it will come to Scroll users. I assume 13b will, but the legendary 20b may stay behind the paywall due to costs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom