Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Here's hoping it's not like running DeS on the PS3 emulator, i.e. "technically does work but runs like shit and is p. much unplayable".

Really? it works fine now. At least if you have a good PC.

It's true I haven't tried it on my new rig but my previous was no slouch and it stuttered and juddered like shit while loading shaders. Probably gotta try it again.

Sentinel

Arcane
Here's hoping it's not like running DeS on the PS3 emulator, i.e. "technically does work but runs like shit and is p. much unplayable".

Really? it works fine now. At least if you have a good PC.

It's true I haven't tried it on my new rig but my previous was no slouch and it stuttered and juddered like shit while loading shaders. Probably gotta try it again.
Stuttering and low FPS is normal when the emulator is building new shaders. That only happens once per zone/fx though, shouldn't trouble your regular playing.
Modern emulators, including RPCS3, feature asynchronous shader building now to avoid the framerate tanking when you're first going through an area.

ADL

Prophet
Works perfectly on my machine at almost locked 4K/60FPS.
Haven't attempted anything higher than a 60FPS lock but here's a video of it running 4K and upwards of 100+FPS using FSR on mid-range hardware. 1080p/1440p should be easily achievable on any moderately acceptable build in the last five to seven years.

Unless you're okay going through the shader caching process yourself, it's probably better to just download someone else's. Once it's done performance is smooth. At least that was how it used to be before they implemented the asynchronous shader caching system which is fairly recent.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Unless you're okay going through the shader caching process yourself, it's probably better to just download someone else's.

Yeah last time I tried running DeS I asked around about that. I was told it's not possible, nobody would give me their shaders and I shouldn't even bother asking. Still no idea what that was all about, probably something to do with security or some such.

Anyway your post just shows the game is NOT smooth if you don't go through the shader compiling process first, i.e. if you don't run through an area first. Which seems like a tremendous pain in the ass, especially in a game like DeS. So no idea what are people ITT and elsewhere on about, claiming the emulator DeS is perfectly playable.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Modern emulators, including RPCS3, feature asynchronous shader building now to avoid the framerate tanking when you're first going through an area.
Is it actually working tho? Or is it the same kind of "working" like before, when people were swearing they didn't have any stutter and they didn't know what I was talking about when I was asking about the shader related problems?

Sentinel

Arcane
Is it actually working tho? Or is it the same kind of "working" like before, when people were swearing they didn't have any stutter and they didn't know what I was talking about when I was asking about the shader related problems?
Don't know. I've never played through DeS on RPCS3 because of the sound issues it has. I just know that it got the asynchronous shaders update which solves your problem of stuttering when first going through an area (or at least should). I know CEMU got the same update and it fixed that exact problem.

ADL

Prophet
Yeah last time I tried running DeS I asked around about that. I was told it's not possible, nobody would give me their shaders and I shouldn't even bother asking. Still no idea what that was all about, probably something to do with security or some such.

Anyway your post just shows the game is NOT smooth if you don't go through the shader compiling process first, i.e. if you don't run through an area first. Which seems like a tremendous pain in the ass, especially in a game like DeS. So no idea what are people ITT and elsewhere on about, claiming the emulator DeS is perfectly playable.
The guy from the optimization guide video I posted uploaded his folder. You should be good to go with this.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vEj2TVDied2zco0WxzLKY6NtVtZxU9DG

Latelistener

Arcane
Rumor: sequel, remaster and PC port are being prepared for Bloodborne

This is claimed by XboxEra podcast host and insider Nick Baker, citing several of his different sources.

Bloodborne already has a PC port out of the box, according to an insider. A remaster of the PS5 game is also being prepared. Plus, according to Nick, a full-fledged sequel to the game is being developed on the sidelines.

The creators of the original FromSoftware game do not work on projects in the Bloodborne universe – the responsibility for projects lies with Bluepoint Games, the authors of last year’s remake of Demon’s Souls.

We are talking about Bloodborne from the 1:30:00 mark.

Recall that rumors about the re-release of Bloodborne have been hovering for quite a long time, but so far they have not received any confirmation or refutation.

The original Bloodborne was developed by FromSoftware and SCE Japan Studio and released on March 24, 2015, exclusively for PS4. On November 24 of the same year, the only addition to the game Bloodborne: The Old Hunters was released, after which the project went into the shadows.

https://www.aroged.com/2021/10/17/r...nd-pc-port-are-being-prepared-for-bloodborne/

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Rumor: sequel, remaster and PC port are being prepared for Bloodborne

This is claimed by XboxEra podcast host and insider Nick Baker, citing several of his different sources.

Bloodborne already has a PC port out of the box, according to an insider. A remaster of the PS5 game is also being prepared. Plus, according to Nick, a full-fledged sequel to the game is being developed on the sidelines.

The creators of the original FromSoftware game do not work on projects in the Bloodborne universe – the responsibility for projects lies with Bluepoint Games, the authors of last year’s remake of Demon’s Souls.

We are talking about Bloodborne from the 1:30:00 mark.

Recall that rumors about the re-release of Bloodborne have been hovering for quite a long time, but so far they have not received any confirmation or refutation.

The original Bloodborne was developed by FromSoftware and SCE Japan Studio and released on March 24, 2015, exclusively for PS4. On November 24 of the same year, the only addition to the game Bloodborne: The Old Hunters was released, after which the project went into the shadows.

https://www.aroged.com/2021/10/17/r...nd-pc-port-are-being-prepared-for-bloodborne/

Another rumor, huh?

:negative: The pain will never stop.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if ''reliable rumors'' predict a mobile port and a release date next week. If most of these were once true, we could have a game from a studio of people fired for leaking it before having having the game itself.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
bloodborne___i_want_to_believe_by_digitalcleo_d9fj479-fullview.png

mogwaimon

Magister
Unless you're okay going through the shader caching process yourself, it's probably better to just download someone else's.

bit late, sorry for the semi-necro but supposedly distributing compiled shaders is considered by some to be piracy in the same vein as sharing roms from what I recall. Not certain why, but that's what I've picked up on. you can still find compiled shaders out there though in the right places, at least for other emulators with a similar system.

as for BB on PC rumors, well...we've got God of War on PC now so Bloodborne coming to PC is just a matter of when, not if. you PC only guys will hopefully get it sooner or later and hopefully some interesting mods come out for it coz I could always go for some new Bloodborne content myself.

Perkel

Arcane
Now we will know answer for whatever "muhyazaki" means something or not.

Greek Anime God

Scholar
Since I have a PS4 and people keep raving about Bloodborne I decided to check it out and it is very underwhelming after all this hype. PC users aren't missing much, it's just Dark Souls but with a mod installed to make everything British and Anglo. I am a couple of hours in and I might have to give up on this game, what is supposed to be so great about it? The combat is also very clunky compared to actually good games on the console.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Since I have a PS4 and people keep raving about Bloodborne I decided to check it out and it is very underwhelming after all this hype. PC users aren't missing much, it's just Dark Souls but with a mod installed to make everything British and Anglo. I am a couple of hours in and I might have to give up on this game, what is supposed to be so great about it? The combat is also very clunky compared to actually good games on the console.
Using shotguns instead of shields sounds like an interesting twist to the formula, as do firearms in general. The aesthetic also seems interesting coming from medieval fantasy souls and as is the eternal symptom of the human condition; what you want most is what you can't have. So I want it, for PC.

Perkel

Arcane

Great theme, great bosses, great design when it comes to environemnts, great lore and story if you can comprehend it, great weapon design, best looking souls game. Imho it is 2nd best game From made after Demon's Souls.

Now tell us when you got filtered lol. Gascone ?

Greek Anime God

Scholar
Great theme, great bosses, great design when it comes to environemnts, great lore and story if you can comprehend it, great weapon design, best looking souls game.
It's just boring old Dark Souls with top hats. You are just calling things great without qualifying that with anything substantial.
Now tell us when you got filtered lol. Gascone ?
The game isn't hard, the combat is clunky and not very satisfying and if you have played Dark Souls you have already played Bloodborne. And I have played Dark Souls already... It's like Ubisoft games. It's no wonder FromSoft don't bother with a PC port.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
PC users aren't missing much, it's just Dark Souls but with a mod installed to make everything British and Anglo.

What a weird and shallow way to describe a sequel/ spinoff game. Is dark souls 2 just darksouls but with mods? Darksouls 3?

Bloodborne does enough to separate itself from darksouls while also staying similar, which was the goal and I don't see why that would be a bad thing, it is pretty much a sequel gameplay wise.

The combat is also very clunky compared to actually good games on the console.

Every person who has ever described darksouls or Monster Hunter in this way has turned out to be a a low effort gamer with no interest in actually working towards getting better in a game. Clunky is a dog whistle for "i don't understand nor want to put effort into the combat and i died enough that it was frustrating to me."

These are the only type of people I've ever seen describe combat systems as clunky, a better gamer would be able to describe their issues better without having to resort to some generic word that doesn't actually mean anything.

Sentinel

Arcane
what is supposed to be so great about it?
It's on PS4 and it's made by fromsoft so it gets massively overrated. In reality it has a really cool aesthetic and setting, but everything else ranges from ok to bad. It's not a particularly good game. It's overall a downgrade over Demon's/Dark Souls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom