Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Doma

Augur
It's amazing how this game continues to be a huge letdown even on the most basic level, almost a year after launch.

See this video: https://youtu.be/P1RqnE45cRI From 28:40 onwards you can clearly see a hologram of a stripper dancing on the table while you're there talking with Evelyn. Well, now that I'm revisiting the same quest and the same location, the stripper is not there. :lol:

I don't get why would they censor this of all things, but it's another move that's hypocritical, stupid and futile at the same time.
I played through this mission yesterday. The stripper is there, but it keeps blinking in and out?

I found that I had to look directly at the table for the stripper to blink into existence.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe a result of viewing distance optimizations. I've also noticed that if I switch weapons with the 1,2,3, keys, the weapon sometimes fades into view, and for a moment I see my hand empty.

Shills have the audacity to claim CDPR will work on this game until it's squeky polished. Bullshit.

With Witcher 4, I'll resume my sound try-before-buy practice which I first employed with Witcher 3: Pirate it, if it keeps your interest for more than 60 hours, buy it. Fuck them.

Doma

Augur
Maybe a result of viewing distance optimizations. I've also noticed that if I switch weapons with the 1,2,3, keys, the weapon sometimes fades into view, and for a moment I see my hand empty.

Shills have the audacity to claim CDPR will work on this game until it's squeky polished. Bullshit.

Yeah the weapon fading is also something I noticed.

I played this game the day it came out, 1.0 and I cannot remember the weapon fading in being a thing.

So that was a bit weird to see when I started my new run in 1.31 yesterday.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I played this game the day it came out, 1.0 and I cannot remember the weapon fading in being a thing.
I also played it on day 1, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't. They've been downgrading the game ever since Sony gave them the bird.

After some trial and error, the stripper did appear, but only from the neck up. Parts of the torso were flickering from time to time. This makes me inclined to think it's another draw distane "optimization" side effect. Maybe experimenting with entering the scene in different game resolutions will establish some pattern of the stripper rendering or not. If I make the scene extremely easy to load, maybe the logic which "optimizes" shit will take the right turn.

Gargaune

Magister
After some trial and error, the stripper did appear, but only from the neck up. Parts of the torso were flickering from time to time. This makes me inclined to think it's another draw distane "optimization" side effect.
That sounds like a frustrum culling bug, maybe they messed something up with the boundaries of the hologram model. Either way, it's vexing to see regressions with such a slow patch cycle. Things breaking when Owlcat patches Kingmaker three times a day are a given, but Cyberpunk's patching solstice to equinox.

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's amazing how this game continues to be a huge letdown even on the most basic level, almost a year after launch.

See this video: https://youtu.be/P1RqnE45cRI From 28:40 onwards you can clearly see a hologram of a stripper dancing on the table while you're there talking with Evelyn. Well, now that I'm revisiting the same quest and the same location, the stripper is not there. :lol:

I don't get why would they censor this of all things, but it's another move that's hypocritical, stupid and futile at the same time.

It's because every scene and every event in this game is 100% scripted.

Each cool moment in this game happened because it was handcrafted for a specific situation. There is nothing dynamic or procedural, so most of what you see/experience will only happen once.

Remember the car chases? 100% scripted and they always play out exactly the same. I remember a mission where I had to get to somewhere driving on a timer, and each intersection along the way had some car crossing in front of you at the exact moments you approached the intersections. I found that weird, so I reloaded and played through the same quest part again: the same cars crossed the intersections exactly like they did before.

Everything in Cyberpunk is static. There is zero replayability other than trying out new builds. This will never be fixed because that would require a major redesign of the entire game.

Perkel

Arcane

Each cool moment in this game happened because it was handcrafted for a specific situation. There is nothing dynamic or procedural, so most of what you see/experience will only happen once.

? Almost every rpg is scripted. There are almost no systemic rpgs out there. I struggle to even remember any with AA or AAA budget that was based on systemic aproach.

Is this another stealth "gta/rdr is better" or something ?

Here is your rdr2:

unknown.png

Perkel

Arcane
C77 does have a lot of scripted scenes but mission design usually gives you a lot of freedom, much more so that in something like TW3. That freedom to aproach target is one of ups of c77. And not just gigs but main missions too.

For example you have to run away from Arasaka compound. Normally your would have to run away normally but i had those legs auguments which allowed me to jump high. I just jumped mid mission and that was that.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Can someone list the yellow dialogue choices which do matter for something? Most I've seen don't matter.

Old Hans

Arcane

don't know hos trustworthy this guy is but he talks about cyberpunk 2077 gettting massive changes to core systems over the next couple years including a rework of the police system, transmog, barbershops etc

well I just saw an article from Forbes, from an hour ago that mentions the "alleged" upcoming stuff. Like new fancy hats and different colored bugle boy pants that you can buy at the clothing stores

Perkel

Arcane
over the next "couple of years" ? fake as shit. CDPR will just update a bit game and release expansions and that is it. Then maybe later mentioned before multiplayer

Gargaune

Magister
Can someone list the yellow dialogue choices which do matter for something? Most I've seen don't matter.
Not exactly what you're looking for, but there was this one guy who tried to map out CBP's main plot agency:

Some of those nodes are waffle/padding, though. For reference, here's a flow chart for Fallout 4:

over the next "couple of years" ? fake as shit. CDPR will just update a bit game and release expansions and that is it.
At the rate they're going right now, those expansions might take a couple of years. :argh:

Quillon

Arcane

? Almost every rpg is scripted. There are almost no systemic rpgs out there. I struggle to even remember any with AA or AAA budget that was based on systemic aproach.

Is this another stealth "gta/rdr is better" or something ?

Here is your rdr2:

unknown.png

GTA/RDR also uses a lot of scripted stuff, especially for car chases but they became subtler over the years. They come a long way since the last mission in San Andreas where that pink-not-mercedes was glued to the tarmac. That said having simulation systems regardless of special scripts for whatever is expected in games like these because of rockstar/bethesda, being an RPG is not an excuse just like it isn't/wasn't for clunky gameplay/combat when akshun RPGs were infamous for such.

Damn autostarting videos. Scares the shit out of me every time I load this page.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autoplaystopper/ejddcgojdblidajhngkogefpkknnebdh?hl=en

Gargaune

Magister

Perkel

Arcane
GTA/RDR also uses a lot of scripted stuff, especially for car chases but they became subtler over the years. They come a long way since the last mission in San Andreas where that pink-not-mercedes was glued to the tarmac. That said having simulation systems regardless of special scripts for whatever is expected in games like these because of rockstar/bethesda, being an RPG is not an excuse just like it isn't/wasn't for clunky gameplay/combat when akshun RPGs were infamous for such.

That is from RDR2 their latest game. Moreover this is not some weird "fail" but standard along whole game. Same goes for GTA5. Also both GTA and RDR does not simulate anything. All of their "simulations" are scripted sequences. They get praised for "detail" but "detail" is pretty much what those games are because outside of that there isn't really anything.

Betsheda i think is the only one who at least tries to have some simulation like replacing NPC traders after killing them but still all of those are mostly heavily scripted not a result of some math equation bounded by design rules (what drives Dwarf Fortress).

As much as people shit on C77 for "scripting", none of C77 quests can end because you took wrong way or killed wrong npc. And despite scripting there is plenty of choice around when it comes to resolving situations including "failed" quest outcomes that feel like proper endings to quests. Case in point mentioned by me River quest where i didn't feel right to finish quest according to my character RP and in the end game aknowledged that in later River meeting where River described what he did after my choice to not involve myself and "it felt right"

AwesomeButton

Patron
That sounds like a frustrum culling bug, maybe they messed something up with the boundaries of the hologram model. Either way, it's vexing to see regressions with such a slow patch cycle. Things breaking when Owlcat patches Kingmaker three times a day are a given, but Cyberpunk's patching solstice to equinox.
I've found a working configuration now. At first I switched the resolution a couple of times. It turned out that the stripper will be visible at any resolution other than my 1440p, either lower or higher. I thought it may have to do with the vsync being on or off, but it wasn't that. Eventually I loaded up a savegame in 1440p, at my initial settings and the stripper was visible just fine. I turned my FOV value back down to the default 80 just in case.

This is already "fixed" by mods afaik.

On a sidenote, it's super convenient to write in the codex from Steams's overlay browser.

Quillon

Arcane

That is from RDR2 their latest game. Moreover this is not some weird "fail" but standard along whole game. Same goes for GTA5. Also both GTA and RDR does not simulate anything. All of their "simulations" are scripted sequences. They get praised for "detail" but "detail" is pretty much what those games are because outside of that there isn't really anything.

Betsheda i think is the only one who at least tries to have some simulation like replacing NPC traders after killing them but still all of those are mostly heavily scripted not a result of some math equation bounded by design rules (what drives Dwarf Fortress).

As much as people shit on C77 for "scripting", none of C77 quests can end because you took wrong way or killed wrong npc. And despite scripting there is plenty of choice around when it comes to resolving situations including "failed" quest outcomes that feel like proper endings to quests. Case in point mentioned by me River quest where i didn't feel right to finish quest according to my character RP and in the end game aknowledged that in later River meeting where River described what he did after my choice to not involve myself and "it felt right"

What do you mean they don't simulate anything? Npcs, traffic, wildlife? Are you confusing simulation with procedural progression? "Scripted" in this case means the game locks you in a restirictive sequence that takes away much of the normal gameplay's freedoms, the more its different from normal gameplay the more jarring it is. There is not much difference between a scripted car chase in a mission in GTA V than free roam car chase but someting like the car chase sequence with Takemura would never happen in normal gameplay in CP77. Everything else you mentioned is about C&C, doesn't have anything to do with simulation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom