Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meredoth, you clearly don't know what you're talking about in this very specific context, but that's probably for the best because I don't think anyone here wants to see your brain on Rance.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
None of them. I want to see them invent their own characters and story, instead of getting policed by Paizo activists.

Angriph

Novice
Without having read most of the AP... Should be Jade Regent, would be a nice change of environment that would feel fresh

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The furry race(Kitsune) was added cuz won the poll, not cuz OwlCat supports furry. As for next AP, I wish for Skull & Shakles, Iron Gods and Rise of the Runelords in that order.

2/3rds of of Jade Regent doesn't even take place in not Asia.

Seriously? How sad. The is not about be a Eastern Adventure?

None of them. I want to see them invent their own characters and story, instead of getting policed by Paizo activists.

Paizo will probably not allow it. I'm just praying to Paizo NOT force Pf2e upon OwlCat. The worst 1e adventure >>> the best 2e adventure.

From Necromance to Sengoku Rance. Hell of a jump there.

Reinhardt said that I would probably be a villain in Rangeverse just like in conan verse, with lucky I will become a villain without lucky, a slave. Anyway, I never understood much the appeal of 2D. Even the fictional woman that I like, I tend to like way more IRL cosplayers.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The furry race(Kitsune) was added cuz won the poll,
...Which represented the choice Owlcat's fanbase.

Nope. All other options in that poll was furry too... Anyway, most people played alpha and beta as human paladin and followed the angel mythic path. Arcane casters following lich was the second most popular playstyle; almost no one plays as a Furry fox... Now in live game IDK which is the most popular class but my guess is Cavalier and according to steam archivements, angel is by far the most popular path, then azata then lich.

The crossover event of the century, complete with AO rating.

I don't think I have enough SAN points to play that one.

That crossover can be interesting. The main character will be a tentacle warlock!!! And everyone who plays it must make a DC 666 WILL save or become insane.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
I agree with Meredoth here, DQ protag and companions are terrible.

Reinhardt

Arcane
That crossover can be interesting. The main character will be a tentacle warlock!!! And everyone who plays it must make a DC 666 WILL save or become insane.
See, Victor? You think you very clever because you seen screens from ni no kuni but "tentacled warlock" is literally first demon mid-boss we fight in Rance X.

That thing is very many stronk pew-pew by itself and also it just go and possess another host if you kill it and host can be anything - mages, dragons, whatever. Just like you love your wizzordz - extremelly op.

Guess what? Villain died, hero fucked many women.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher

Paizo will probably not allow it. I'm just praying to Paizo NOT force Pf2e upon OwlCat. The worst 1e adventure >>> the best 2e adventure.

What is there to "not allow"? 3.5e is OGL, they only own the setting. And frankly, Golarion is the most bland and generic "which culture do we steal from next" of all the fantasy settings.

You are right about the PF2e sadly.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just like you love your wizzordz - extremelly op.

LOL... Anyway, I never liked much JRPGs cuz they don't care about appealing to me. I mean, Paradox in VtMB2 said that they need at least a vampire clan for those who like to play RPGs as a warrior, one for rogue and one for wizards, while JRPG's only tries to appeal to those who like to play as a fighter...

BTW, I don't think that I like wizard op when makes no sense for then to be OP. Being a mage in gothic 1/2 is far harder than being a warrior yet I love both games.

What is there to "not allow"? 3.5e is OGL, they only own the setting. And frankly, Golarion is the most bland and generic "which culture do we steal from next" of all the fantasy settings.

You are right about the PF2e sadly.

Yep. They just need to drop the Pathfinder name. And I agree that Golarion is too generic. I was playing Morrowind recently and OMG. House Telvanni is so amazing, so :obviously: Most high ranking members of that house has wizard towers designed in a way that plebs who can't cast levitate can't even reach then to talk. We need more RPGs exploring more "alien" worlds.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No, can you name one JRPG where you can do shit like :

???

TBH any game which forces me to use a sword automatically loses my interest. Even BG2, if the game forces me to play as a human fighter specialized in longsword, I would never play it. I like to use powerful guns and spells, obviously both needs to make sense. For eg, I love VtMB but carrying a flamethrower, a pump action shotgun, a semi auto shotgun, a automatic shotgun, a AUG A3 rifle and a M700 remington in mid of Commiefornia streets makes no sense. Ideally, in a urban fantasy game, you should only be allowed to carry a SRS A2 or a sawed off shotgun under a undercoat and a pistol. VtMB did right with supernatural abilities, you can't spam blood magic in front of kine without breaking the masquarede.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
you can do shit like
What exactly? Killing random weak peasant with swarm of many meteor swarms or what? Does boil work on stronk enemies and bosses? If not - it's just nice animation for spell. and jrpgs are chock full of nice animations for spells.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Killing random weak peasant with swarm of many meteor swarms or what? Does boil work on stronk enemies and bosses?

Why waste a tier 9 spell in a lv 0 commoner? As for blood boil, powerful enemies can resist it. Werewolves are very rare and powerful in world of darkness. They can resist it. The gargoyle too. He is too resistant vs it. The best strategy against him is to use blunt weapons like the sledgehammer. However, you still can use that discipline against boss minions. transforming a boss minion into a hot blood grenade is not a bad power. IMO spells should be situational. Disintegrate should work amazing vs enemies with low touch AC and low fort save and be worthless vs a incorporeal ghost with no matter to be disintegrated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom