Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reinhardt

Arcane
So basically it's not BLOOD BOIL but just another SPELL OF DO SOME DAMAGE. What's so special about it then so you listed it as "but can your japanese ching-chong gaems do THIS"?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
SPELL OF DO SOME DAMAGE

No, it transforms one enemy into a freaking blood grenade. Also, VtMB allow you to use domination in dialog depending your clan.

------------------------------

Anyway, looked into OwlCat forum; there are people wanting mythic levels in the next OwlCat game. A lot of interesting adventure paths are lv 1~15 adventures. I don’t think that having a mythic lv 20/10 lich in skull & shakles would work. Rise of the Runelords, first chapter is a goblin army attack, the second is about a murder linked to a strange cult mystery and you only start to deal with mid level enemies like Giants on chapter 3/4. Mythic levels would't work here too.

caster genocide and goblin genocide on the side? That one.

You will probably like Rise of The Runelords. Start with a Goblin genocide

Paizo said:
wZ6Ypmt.png

(...) Rumors of goblin armies and wrathful monsters in forgotten ruins have set the populace on edge. As Sandpoint's newest heroes, the PCs must deal with treachery, goblins, and the rising threat of a forgotten empire whose cruel and despotic rulers might not be as dead as history records.
source : https://paizo.com/products/btpy7zkq

And ends with a high level ancient caster killing. the last two books are all about slaying ancient high level wizards and are a lv 12~15 adventure.

Paizo said:
jofXJxL.png

(...)The evil beneath the town of Sandpoint refuses to sleep quietly, and a killer from the ancient past awakes. Clues found in his lair lead to the den of a legendary dragon and into a vast arcane dungeon ruled by ageless wizards, where the seven deadly sins reign supreme. Can the PCs hone the sins within themselves into weapons against their true foe, Karzoug, the resurrected Runelord of Greed?

source

No mythic levels and the last book( Spires of Xin-Shalast ) is a lv 14~15 (maybe 16 if the DM is very generous) adventure. No elf genocide. And there aren't many elves in Thassilon.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A very cool spell. Only because it doesn't work in everything doesn't means that is bad.

-----

Anyway, posted this poll in OwlCat forum : https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/most-popular-pf1e-ap-from-rpgcodex/48889

I voted for Skull & Shakles, but honestly, after thinking a bit I would like to see Rise of the Runelords, with Pierre(kotc dev) writing the AI for the runelords and Chris Avellone writing the story and background. That would be a amazing 10/10 game.

zapotec

Liturgist
They should focus on the adventure part and stop making poor quality systems like kingdom / crusade management.
In addition we have to consider that after the introduction of the mythic path in Wrath, people will want it again or something similar, btw Storm of Zehir is much better than these 2 crappy games.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is not only one AP, but imagine guys if OwlCat launches both runelord APs in a single game.

Having high level tyrannical ancient mages as main enemy seems like a interesting adventure for both, magefags like myself and mage hatters. ERYFKRAD would like Rise of the Runelords. It starts with a goblin genocide(Burnt Offerings), then goes into orc genocide(The Hook Mountain Massacre) and ends with ancient mage killing(Spires of Xin-Shalast). Then OwlCat should launch the return of the runelords as a multiple DLC.

Other thing that I wanna is that OwlCat launches WoTR new classes/races into Kingmaker as a DLC. I would love to play Kingmaker as a Cruoromancer(blood necromancer) and never found a mods with that class.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They'll release Owlcat the platformer game that will be nearly identical to Bubsy Bobcat but for IOS and android.

Delterius

Arcane
They should focus on the adventure part and stop making poor quality systems like kingdom / crusade management.
In addition we have to consider that after the introduction of the mythic path in Wrath, people will want it again or something similar, btw Storm of Zehir is much better than these 2 crappy games.
the deranged mind of a neverwinter nights fan in full display

i am now ordering owlcat to create a kingdom / flotilla / crusader management hybrid auxiliary system for their next game

this is the price of your insolence

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
i am now ordering owlcat to create a kingdom / flotilla / crusader management hybrid auxiliary system for their next game

I believe that if they do that, a base building should't fell so dissociated from the gameplay. Kinda like NWN2 crossroad keep. You build a thing and you can visit that thing. You eqquip your soldiers with better weapons and they use it in the final battle for your fort. In kingmaker, you build a lot of interesting stuff like a brothel, a spy tower, mage library and can't enter there.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just give us gunslinger already

I have heard that they din't included it in WoTR cuz would be too overpowered. Don't ask me why. You can reach lv 40 in the game, but somehow a musket is too overpowered...

And tanks. Every CRPG should have gunslingers and tanks. The whole world of tanks!

LOL. Golems and similar constructs are close to tanks.

o slavery in pathfinder.

In modern pathfinder. Rise of the Runelords was made in 2007. Tabletop gaming also declined a lot. If D&D 4E was launched today, I believe that would be a success.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have heard that they din't included it in WoTR cuz would be too overpowered. Don't ask me why. You can reach lv 40 in the game, but somehow a musket is too overpowered...
No, they did not. They avoided the gunslinger because its mechanics are so different from the rest of the classes.

Having just read the class description on D20 I agree with Owlcat's. It is like implementing a Kineticist, but while a Kineticist is unique and weird by itself a gunslinger requires, well, guns. So the whole class of new items, skills, components and so on - only for one class in the game.

No, I don't want them to implement gunslingers - until they create a game in any futuristic setting where guns are ubiquitous, and then backport gun mechanics to the Golarion setting. Not spending so much resources just for one class is a wise decision.

Humbaba

Arcane
No, I don't want them to implement gunslingers - until they create a game in any futuristic setting where guns are ubiquitous, and then backport gun mechanics to the Golarion setting. Not spending so much resources just for one class is a wise decision.
Those guys in Blackwater already have wrist cannons though.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Victor, are you living under the rock? No slavery in pathfinder.
Slavery still exists in the lore they just won't make any new books about it.

Tbh it would be cool to see an Owlcat original. I would say Carrion Crown since the world needs more spooky RPGS but I don't think Owlcat could pull off something like that.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
a gunslinger requires, well, guns. So the whole class of new items, skills, components and so on - only for one class in the game.

Nice point.

Those guys in Blackwater already have wrist cannons though.

Yep. And honestly I believe that they included the BlackWater part to gauge the popularity of a possible iron gods game.

would say Carrion Crown since the world needs more spooky RPGS but I don't think Owlcat could pull off something like that.

And there is any good horror RPG? I can only think in good hortror segments in RPGs like the ocean house in VtMB and maybe the death mask productions. In tabletop, DM a horror campaign is not easy. And in CRPG is much harder. Mainly considering Owlcat's target audience(3.Xe fans). Horror requires a lot of work in sound design, level design, enemy design, voice actors, encounter design(...)

Mauman

Learned
Nice point.

Actually, no, it's not. It's a weapon type with a proficiency feat. Anybody can use them, they just can't use them to the potential that Gunslingers can.

By this logic, monk weapons should be removed because only monks can use them to their fullest.

So no, it's a stupid point.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually, no, it's not. It's a weapon type with a proficiency feat. Anybody can use them, they just can't use them to the potential that Gunslingers can.
Have you actually read the description of what is required for guns in Pathfinder RAW?

I don't want this type of weapon implemented, period. Unless, as I've written, it is a full replacement of existing medieval weapons.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
. Tabletop gaming also declined a lot. If D&D 4E was launched today, I believe that would be a success.
There's no way the "critical role" generation of tabletop D&D players would be able to figure out a game as complex as 4E.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I was reading through the first Strange Aeons book and immediately found an asexual NPC.

Screenshot_20220105-061422.jpg

Garundi = Nigger
And I assume "full-figured beauty" = fat

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom