Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
yes, but grouping up for quests is easy though because it's done automatically and the quests scale to party size
Don't, you'll group up with rushers doing reaper, they'll rush to the exit with you left dying on all the deadly traps you didn't know about (that are left active because they didn't bother getting a trapper) or getting into boss fights and dying there, or dying on reapers. It's a lousy experience in general and I recommend play solo instead . They don't group noobs together automatically (and probably even can't due to how the population is split between the servers) so the only way you can play with other noobs is writing in LFG "FUCK OFF WI NO REAPER NOOB ONLY" and waiting a whole lot.

Codex Year of the Donut
yes, but grouping up for quests is easy though because it's done automatically and the quests scale to party size
Don't, you'll group up with rushers doing reaper, they'll rush to the exit with you left dying on all the deadly traps you didn't know about (that are left active because they didn't bother getting a trapper) or getting into boss fights and dying there, or dying on reapers. It's a lousy experience in general and I recommend play solo instead . They don't group noobs together automatically (and probably even can't due to how the population is split between the servers) so the only way you can play with other noobs is writing in LFG "FUCK OFF WI NO REAPER NOOB ONLY" and waiting a whole lot.
I rarely ever encountered people like this, most people were friendly

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
I rarely ever encountered people like this, most people were friendly
I didn't say they're not friendly. Sure enough, they'll pick your soul stone up and carry you to the next rest and maybe even answer your questions (in private after the adventure is over) but a first life noob won't be able to do anything useful with them apart from gaining xp and loot. It tends to get boring real fast, running in tow and wondering what the quest was all about. And you can't even catch up to them unless you spend a lot of time reincarnating and specifically doing reaper. These people are playing a different game altogether and the game is set up in such a way that they're who the hypothetical noob will play with.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
Yo dawg we heard you liked soloing? How about we throw that CR 17 boss beholder in your level 9 dungeon?
upload_2021-10-10_20-38-54.png

Still good? Well, then let's give him two buddies just for funsies. One's a regenning troll.
upload_2021-10-10_20-39-44.png

The other one's a drow mage/melee.
upload_2021-10-10_20-40-57.png

That's some pure bullshit. They've left the shrine right behind the corner you know why. I've died twice in that fight, cheesing it with immediate resurrect and return.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
Yesterday we of the Fair Codexia braved the perils of the Tempest's Spine. I was the intrepid cameraman and our kang Rein did it all him(her)self. Highlights include:
upload_2021-10-10_23-13-51.png

upload_2021-10-10_23-14-9.png

upload_2021-10-10_23-14-21.png

And the last but not least, this cool flying final shot to kill the big boss:
333.jpg

Actually that may have been a shot from bosses lightning sword...
There, that's the one - you can see Hemp flying in the distance and boss is gonna fall right now.
vlcsnap-2021-10-10-23h21m40s972.jpg

Anyway, it was fun, I had good loot but some of the next raids require three people, you hear me? That's three live player people.
:rpgcodex:

And here's the full vid.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
And here's the full vid.

Holy, you actually got some really good stuff from that raid. Cloak of Invisibility and Choker of the Silver Tongue are both great.

My first experience with Tempest's Spine was joining a random pug doing it on R1. No one talked in chat, everyone just zerged. Had no idea what was happening and got lost.

Found this video and he goes over all the details of the raid and what it is those runes are that you collect.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
Found this video and he goes over all the details of the raid and what it is those runes are that you collect.

Lol, he's just level 12 and having no problems. Probably not on his first life.

The cloak became my default one and I put on the choker when I need to do social skill checks in adventures (amazingly, it's not enough on hard still). I got the best that was there for my bard on the first run :obviously:.

There's also that mechanic about killing two mobs at the same time, they have to die together in 30 seconds between the deaths.

Reinhardt

Arcane
https://www.ddo.com/en/ThankYou
Free quests are back - DDOQUESTS2021
And this time Ravenloft is for 99 ddo points too!

Btw even if you entered last year code it worth to do it again - they added at least one more pack to the list. Peril of planar eyes.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Free quests are back - DDOQUESTS2021
And this time Ravenloft is for 99 ddo points too!

Btw even if you entered last year code it worth to do it again - they added at least one more pack to the list. Peril of planar eyes.

Everyone take advantage of this. Seriously this is an amazing offer. The three expansions you can earn just from the DDO points you get from favor from quests will pay for them.

Is there a way to mention everyone in this forum? Cause this is huuuuge.

Sort of a shame it's not a code for massive piles of DDO content since that one always interested me a hair more but I do appreciate the heads up in the Steam thread about the code.

Wellity wellity wellity.
:kingcomrade:

(Unfortunately I'll probably get sent into an autistic rage over inventory issues or other associated F2P bullcrap like I did with LotRO but it might be a hoot)

Sykar

Arcane
If only spells like Fly and Levitate were implemented.
Theyd break the game. Like suddenly the hardest dungeons would be a cake walk.

Would need some counters of course but damn those two spells alongside stuff like Tensors Disk or Unseen Servant are among my favorites. D&D has such a vast selection of interesting spells but DDO is sadly too combat focused for the rest to matter much.

Lhynn

Arcane
Would need some counters of course but damn those two spells alongside stuff like Tensors Disk or Unseen Servant are among my favorites. D&D has such a vast selection of interesting spells but DDO is sadly too combat focused for the rest to matter much.
Theyd literally break every dungeon in the game, not just combat wise, a lot of puzzles would just stop being a challenge, plataforming, etc. Would become super easy in probably around 100 dungeons.
Just float over the traps lmao, just fly upwards and enemies wont hit you lol, etc.

Lhynn

Arcane
You are talking about a complete redesign you mongoloid, one that would still defeat the entire purpose of the verticality in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom