Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

lycanwarrior

Scholar
ACT 4 has major memory leak issues where everything becomes unresponsive and sometimes can't even access/enter a door. Can't play for more than an hour before having to exit and restart the game.

Shaki

Arbiter
ACT 4 has major memory leak issues where everything becomes unresponsive and sometimes can't even access/enter a door. Can't play for more than an hour before having to exit and restart the game.

I had no problems with memory leaks in Act 4. But Drezen in acts 3/5 was unbearable, this whole fucking city is just one massive memory leak.

volklore

Arcane
For DC based casters, is Azata and then the Demon the best mythic path? I'm not talking about DPS

I think so, followed by Aeon with enforcing gaze + and - DC. On top of that, Aeon can also suppress demonic mythic abilities (no save), which can make a huge difference to spells getting through.
Just a few points from what I have played with azata if you want to go for it. Most DC increasing stuff from azata just flat out doesn't work.
-Ode to miraculous magic does not increase will based DCs (the spell pen part of the spell works)
-Believe in yourself you apparently only get in your spellbook if you fulfill certain sub-path : I followed the subpath that acts according to the advice of early sunset and I did not get this spell. It might be that some of the choices you make during the act 3 mythic quest also are involved in this. Regardless you can access the buff through 'Chaotic Healing'. And it also does not work properly, should be giving you +1 stat/ 4 azata caster level, instead gives +1 stats/4 mythic ranks, which is a lot worse.
-The azata spell that restores spellbooks up to level 7 doesn't work either, I have read (havent gotten it yet)
-Haven't gotten to the song that is supposed to buff DCs of the whole party yet but it could be borked as well.

Even with all that the path still strong very strong for DC casters. Favorable magic is insane for DC based stuff, however, any spell that leaves a hazard (so most conjuration crowd control spells) will not be affected and any saves that are triggered after the initial cast of any spell will also not be affected.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

I had no problems with memory leaks in Act 4. But Drezen in acts 3/5 was unbearable, this whole fucking city is just one massive memory leak.

Probably the damn Unity engine is the culprit.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
THIS FUCKING GUY...!

20211017213434-1.jpg

HE PAINTS! HE FOOKIN' PAINTS!!!

:x:x:x

ArchAngel

Arcane
OK I finally finished the game on core difficulty with a Lich. I've done whole Threshold and what happens after with only one rest. The last battle was crazy and overdone.
Areelu has like 5000 HP with all the automatic heals and then that shit with 3 copies where each has 70 armor, wtf is that. . In the end I could not kill a single of the copies, and all my characters died except the Lich in the battle vs those 3 lol. I suppose you are meant to kill all 3 copies before Areelu dies so you don't need to sacrifice yourself but they overdid the battle. I don't remember any previous BG like game with such crazy overdid last battle.
Luckily Lich can sacrifice his thingy with part of his soul so he gets the "good" end.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Finally decided to respec and respec is broken. It lets you pick feats and then they disappear. Next level up you get offered the same one.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Finally decided to respec and respec is broken. It lets you pick feats and then they disappear. Next level up you get offered the same one.

I had this problem with a single feat: Combat Expertise

Mauman

Learned
Damn, how did you get him to 80 Str? Not even Mythic Companion gives so much bonus...
Animal Growth?

Brown Fur Transmuter and the gauntlets that add an untyped +6 strength at the risk of the dog going apeshit (and most likely killing one of your guys) at the start of a fight. Don't need to worry about that though now that his will save is over the required amount. Of course the mythic bonus is there too.

Also, I could have gotten it up 4 more points if I had found the profane strength helmet in chapter 4 :negative:

Last edited:
Finally, beat this, damn the final map was garbage. Seems like Owlcat is contractually obligated to make you hate the endgame.

The first trashmob encounters were almost impossible to me, but then the moment I face some named bosses I cut through them like butter. I was playing Legend and I had the likes of Mephisto aiding me at the end. Well the cunts start to run like headless chickens the moment a generic centaur demon thing vomits on them.
Goddamit did that part ruin the experience for me.

Sharpedge

Prophet
The last battle was crazy and overdone.
I find this interesting because it doesn't match my experience fighting Areelu at all.

I expected some massive pain in the ass when I saw she has 90 AC and teleports all over, but after 3 vital strikes and a couple of polar rays, fight was over. She managed to cast one, maybe two spells and I saw no copies.

Thing is, up until the battle I had done everything necessary to unlock the secret ending. Wonder if that somehow influences how hard the fight is? :?
It doesn't, my experience with the final fight is that it has always been a pushover.

Mauman

Learned
I find this interesting because it doesn't match my experience fighting Areelu at all.

I expected some massive pain in the ass when I saw she has 90 AC and teleports all over, but after 3 vital strikes and a couple of polar rays, fight was over. She managed to cast one, maybe two spells and I saw no copies.

Thing is, up until the battle I had done everything necessary to unlock the secret ending. Wonder if that somehow influences how hard the fight is? :?
It doesn't, my experience with the final fight is that it has always been a pushover.

Supposedly the fight got buffed in the last patch.

Also, completely unrelated, evidently weird things happen if you put a medium sized person on a huge (as in, animal growthed) horse.

8KgkK8a.jpeg

Can't decide if this is better or worse to the cluster fuck that is giving Arue an animal companion and trying to mount it.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
That camp battle was fucked up, they give you no time to prepare, I had to fight everyone unbuffed with left over companions that had subpar gear. Ember and Nenio won the fight for me, both had Ascendand element Fire. Also a lucky mass ice prison helped

ArchAngel

Arcane

Maybe, what you describe is very different than what I had.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Also they fucked up melee big time by not having mythic charge work like barbarian pounce, even epic level feats in 3.5e had epic charge let you do that. Only thing saving melee is that some important fights are made around fucking up ranged weapons. Also I am glad I took blind fighting with everyone that was melee as you get blinded or fight invisible enemies all the time.

purupuru

Learned
That last camp battle is weird. I left 6 companions behind but for some reason Sosiel refused to fight in my party.
I didn't use blind fighting since 24hr true seeing is in plentiful supply this time, didn't get blinded that often either.

Mortmal

Arcane
"the max hp of a cR 4 monster is around 76... For the thousand times there's no hp bloat with 5E, but at this point i know almost nothing will convince you except something like some china reeducation camp for years ."

76 hp at level/cr 4 is a fukkin' lot.

A barbarian with 20 con at level 4 with the generous hp bonus feat has a max of 72hp. LMAO

But, according to you, 76hp isn't 'a lot'.

FUKK OFF WITH YOUR ATTEMPTED GASLIGHTING.

"Good job devs, in a game with Demons the most disgusting living creature is"

Camilla. You don't need to censor it. Everyone knows it is true. FFS The eyeless demon can actually feel 'love' for another living creature. L0LZ
76 is the max you can get, not the max for every cr 4 creatures, then have a look at the amount of damage an avenger paladin with smite will do... Have a look at the system and book before insulting people combat last only a few rounds . last time i answer , you and Meredoth are completely dishonest about it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I looked at the system. Bottom line you are full of shit. But, that's expected. It is the Codex, after all.

Yosharian

Arcane
That last camp battle is weird. I left 6 companions behind but for some reason Sosiel refused to fight in my party.
I didn't use blind fighting since 24hr true seeing is in plentiful supply this time, didn't get blinded that often either.
You'll need Echolocation against some abilities/effects, too.

Mauman

Learned
Ok, this bug is a bit creepy....

Evidently, Cam's body decided to follow me all the way from her father's estate :?
eY0uiYe.jpeg

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
76 is the max you can get, not the max for every cr 4 creatures, then have a look at the amount of damage an avenger paladin with smite will do... Have a look at the system and book before insulting people combat last only a few rounds . last time i answer , you and Meredoth are completely dishonest about it.
MOTHERFUCKER is your fucking keyboard broken?

How the fuck do you just space before and after a period, and the same for commas? Is your autism trying to fix fanta's lack of spaces?

You trigger me so much with those fucking cuck tiny quirks of yours, but then you start talking numbers. LOL

Also, in English we capitalize the I, motherfucker. Are your fingers broken?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finally, beat this, damn the final map was garbage. Seems like Owlcat is contractually obligated to make you hate the endgame.

It is really downhill after starrt of act 5. They seem to gave up after maintaining game 4 acts.

Sosiel refused to fight in my party.

He's probably still painting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom