Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

tritosine2k

Erudite
WELL I don't know how I'm supposed to see 1hitting rippy "lightning mirage" with blue arcane cloak and blue lightning ball , while listening to music . I almost died exclusively to these guys lol, so I use leap slam now.
guoxg3egqv531.png

Unless !!! I fork out for red arcane cloak and BL.

That's also indeed, "rippy" , lol.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I almost beat the "story" when I played this last. I started when the season was already half way over though and then school started.

I wonder if I should log in and finish the story, or just start a new character for the season.

Is the "story" worth caring about?

If I remember correct, I got drunk one night and bought a few of those storage tab things for currency and other such nonsense.

Absinthe

Arcane
The story deteriorates as the campaign goes on, so you might as well forget about it.

Storage tabs are pretty much the best thing you can buy in PoE. It's also where GGG makes their money. That and beta access and stupid content packs with every patch.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Necromancers will never be obsolete.
They keep getting nerfed every league and people always complain that "this patch is going to kill necros!" only for them to be the most popular and braindead build once again. I don't even know why people bother downplaying that archetype.

Absinthe

Arcane
There's always bitching and moaning about necros sucking but there are too many ways to take advantage of the ridiculous multipliers you can get by having that many damage sources out and buffing them. There has never been a patch where you couldn't do all endgame content as necro.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Necromancers will never be obsolete.
They keep getting nerfed every league and people always complain that "this patch is going to kill necros!" only for them to be the most popular and braindead build once again. I don't even know why people bother downplaying that archetype.
Because it's fun having 20+ minions running around, which do a combined dps in the millions with ~0 gear investment.

The +2 to all minion skill gems ascendancy talent is ridiculously overpowered, especially since minions are basically the only skill gems that really benefit from filling many your gem slots with damage skills (dot skills and bow builds maybe count but nowhere near as much).

Absinthe

Arcane
Correct. With gear investment they can get very crazy, but even without any gear investment they do massive damage and tank content for you. They're probably the least item-dependent build in the game.

And you can easily run around with much, much more than 20 minions. Try throwing in an Animate Weapon, for instance.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The story deteriorates as the campaign goes on, so you might as well forget about it.

Storage tabs are pretty much the best thing you can buy in PoE. It's also where GGG makes their money. That and beta access and stupid content packs with every patch.

I was gonna make another character, but when I logged in it said the league was gonna change in 3 days. If I'm still in the mood in a few days I'll try it out.

Instead, I ran around today on my old character for an hour trying to remember what I was doing before. I ended up fighting this dominus guy after killing a few waves of bosses, but he killed me.

I think I need some ranged for him. I have a melee sword shield build and I didnt even remember what I was doing for special abilities. I just swung my sword until things died.

I'm definitely gonna try necromancer or a mage of some sort next time. Melee is tough.

Absinthe

Arcane
The new Mageblood and Squire Elegant uniques will result in some ridiculous shit. The former is going to get stacked with the +50% flask effect enchantments, alchemist's prefixes, and bench crafted flask modifiers, while the latter is just going to get attached to some 1H of +40% more damage with socketed gem and too many free support gems and turn into some kind of over 9L monstrosity.

tritosine2k

Erudite
The new Mageblood and Squire Elegant uniques will result in some ridiculous shit. The former is going to get stacked with the +50% flask effect enchantments, alchemist's prefixes, and bench crafted flask modifiers, while the latter is just going to get attached to some 1H of +40% more damage with socketed gem and too many free support gems and turn into some kind of over 9L monstrosity.

Well you can't buff onslaught at all or 17% attack/cast speed that much, and some new flasks stuff is relying on triggering like Vorana's preparation. You already can't run out with correct prefix and pathfinder...
Maybe easy defense cap + crit?
If you could dump phys dmg into element then I agree but that's scarce at best.

Agree on the other hand. Fang dagger >5ex from 27c.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
tritosine2k, you can get a 160% crit Diamond Flask and buff it with that much flask effect into giving you over +260% increased crit. You can get Bismuth Flask of Resistance (that flask no one normally builds) and enjoy over +100% all elemental resistances, which will have massive impact on your gearing. A simple Sulphur Flask of 12% increased attack/cast speed will also turn into around a 70% increased damage and 20% increased attack/cast speed flask. You can also get over 100% increased item rarity with a Gold Flask of +30% increased item rarity. And you can get over 40% reduced mana cost which has a number of potent uses. And then there's just getting monstrous armor and/or evasion. Definitely if you are doing 2x Replica Dreamfeather with Iron Reflexes I could see someone fiddling with the whole set of Bismuth Flask, Granite Flask, Stibnite Flask, and Jade Flask there.

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite
12% increased attack/cast speed

That gets buffed to 17% now. Well.. I bought such crit precrafted flask for 40c mid league iirc but worked around it in the end.

Might end up using magic find plus ventor's and get paid for participating. He-he.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Hm, it's now possible to get a 50% reduced mana cost flask like that, and you can get over 125% increased all resistances. Seems like crit chance has also been nerfed slightly (from 60% to 55%). Movespeed property (now +14% pre-effect, +24% with Alchemist's and a high orb roll) is probably also worth picking up now. And you can just give yourself ailment immunity, since less duration does not matter with Mageblood.

Gerrard

Arcane
Don't worry, you won't find either of them.

tritosine2k

Erudite
They stealth whacked might of the meek and healthy mind ...

Healthy mind doesn't work on life mastery .

My MotM dropped after a memorably intense delirium fight in blood aquaduct .

Absinthe

Arcane
Don't worry, you won't find either of them.
Joke's on you. I'm going to grind with a necro running +500% increased item rarity and some +40% item quant. I'm kidding, of course, but magicfind builds (and trading) are a thing.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I want to play Ignite this league but I got no clue what to do. I would before grab all fire nodes, all life nodes around and Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, EO, EE and that is it. Now the new tree is all confusing, I tried to make a build or something but lost will. I will need to grab a build from someone that sounds good and not expensive.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want to play Ignite this league but I got no clue what to do. I would before grab all fire nodes, all life nodes around and Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, EO, EE and that is it. Now the new tree is all confusing, I tried to make a build or something but lost will. I will need to grab a build from someone that sounds good and not expensive.

The tree itself isn't too confusing, it's more the case of working out which masteries are best with the new system.

Some of them are extremely powerful.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I'm just gonna roll seismic as my starter and let the community figure out the best mapping build after the first week, then re-roll to that. I took a risk last league with my starter and it was very painful.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Copying builds is for weaklings. It's not like they changed the tree that much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom