Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer's Pillars of Eternity Tabletop RPG

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
DSA is a shit system, so it makes perfect sense that he'd gravitate towards equally shit mechanics. It's in his blood.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
unknown.png

Is a single object in this picture not soy/hipster? This is staged, but also intentionally staged. It's attentionwhoring and soy-signaling to the highest of levels. He's a bigger faggot than actual homosexuals. That's actually unreachable levels.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Why is he in a Discord channel called "cp-planning"? Given Discord's reputation, I don't suppose that's anything good.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Is a single object in this picture not soy/hipster? This is staged, but also intentionally staged. It's attentionwhoring and soy-signaling to the highest of levels. He's a bigger faggot than actual homosexuals. That's actually unreachable levels.

At least he's not using a Mac?
Oh, you didn't catch the irony there, did you? Too subtle, perhaps? Here's the explanation: a Mac would've been "just hipster". Soyer is post-soy, he's using the most junk brand monitor Acer ironically, you see?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
People who use monitors vertically trigger me.

People who drink german weiss over witbier just for the sake of it being german trigger me just as much, as the later is better than the former in every possible way.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Industry veteran spends years reinventing the wheel, still can't get it right.

That is the tragedy of PoE and Soyer.

Josh really, genuinely, doesn't have a clue why something he designed is good or bad. Which is frankly embarrassing after decades of system experience.

Generally speaking he is prone to overanalyzing and wants to please everybody.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Industry veteran spends years reinventing the wheel, still can't get it right.

That is the tragedy of PoE and Soyer.

Josh really, genuinely, doesn't have a clue why something he designed is good or bad. Which is frankly embarrassing after decades of system experience.

Generally speaking he is prone to overanalyzing and wants to please everybody.

It's not surprising an autist has no idea about human emotions or thought.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
People who use monitors vertically trigger me.

People who drink german weiss over witbier just for the sake of it being german trigger me just as much, as the later is better than the former in every possible way.

Bavarians may be barely civilzed Germanized Celts but they do know their beer.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I block twitter with this. But Jesus I hate his tweets when I check things by phone. I'd rather you just say "Sawyer just tweeted inane bullshit" rather than posting the fucking tweet. Even if it's blocked, I get annoyed because I know it's twitter and with him it's pretentious bullshit or something else. Basically his autistic ass faking human feelings and doing it poorly.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Infinitron being an obsessive psycopath, finds anything to do with the devs extremely entertaining and thinks that everyone else does, too. Retweeting it makes him feel closer to them. Imagine being starstruck with absolute random idiots like sawyer. Calling it a simp doesn't even begin covering it. If sawyer so much as farted, Infinitron would push his grandma aside and run to get a smell.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
No he doesn't. He is just looking at what others believe to be funny and aping it. He's not even a true Lizard person invader replicant. They kicked his autistic ass out and dumped him here to fuck with us.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
, I hope this game is so unbalanced and idiotic it sucks.

> Unbalanced
> Sawyer

Chose one. It will probably be balanced as D&D 4E ie - everything is the same.

It looks like a really tanky ruleset.
The huge attack that killed one of his guys did 1d12+3d6.
That is 16 damage average. All his doods have above 30 hp.
So even if you do an all out super duper attack you only take about half someone's hp bar on average, which sounds very par for the course for the pillars balance.

We are talking about Sawyer, be glad to not see 666+ hp in lv 1 mobs there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom