Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Longes

Augur
Using that metric, minecraft is the best game ever. hu3hu3hu3, a game should be judged by his proposal, target audience expectancy and so on. The profit / budget shows only how profitable the game is. Not perfect, but way better than "0/10 cuz I can't play in story mode" game journos.
Yeah? Like, you are saying this as if it's a gotcha. Minecraft is a massively successful game that made Notch rich and Gates richer. Every studio wishes their game had a fraction of the success that Minecraft has.

Sunri

Liturgist
Pathfinder isn't even in the same league.

Yep. BG3 is in the game journalists league and Pathfinder is in the true RPG league.

Even in BG3 thread, people talk more about Pathfinder than BG3.

Yes talking about how sad owlcucks are.

Anyway cry all you want, DOS2 is better than Cuckfinder, BG3 is on another level and it will dominate your beloved cuck game in scores and sales.

Will drink your tears in a year or two.

You can drink my piss righ now :smug:

Yosharian

Arcane
Lol, spirited charge + mounted mastery + mythic power attack and my charge damage went from 40 to 80 in one level, with crits doing 240 (longspear).

now how to work pounce in there, unless there are items the only source I know of is Barb rage powers
Find the boots, ez 30 40 dmg depending on your atl skill, not sure if it's skill points only or...
It's ranks and it doesn't work at the moment

Yosharian

Arcane
Am I really going to lose Seelah permanently when I go full lich?

This is really going to hit me hard because I'm playing with the option for only my active party members to receive experience points and haven't built up anyone else even close to resembling a tank.

It might hurt so bad to lose her that now I'm second-guessing going lich at all.

Please advise, and please do so without specific spoilers -- and by tagging me (I avoid this thread in general so as to not spoil myself).

Thanks from Ye Olde Man.
I mean just use Toy Box to mod the XP of one of the other party members and then use them instead.

A bit cheaty but better than just abandoning the run.

Yosharian

Arcane
Speaking about Seelah, my first playthrough was 100% blind Lich so I wasn't absolutely sure how, when or if she would actually leave, but I could've seen it coming. Anyhow, I've invested so much in the bitch, including the Realm Protector armor (that one bonkers full plate that grants you stackable DR for every dead outsider in vicinity, essentially making you invulnerable at the time and it really was a godsend for the first few patches before they heavily nerfed Core difficulty and tweaked many enemies). So this bitch just comes up after Iomedae and she pulls off the "SHIEEEEET COMMANDAH DEAD BE NASTY" and leaves my ass and the biggest problem for me was that I couldn't hunt down the bitch and get the items back, either due to a bug or a lack of opportunity, not sure which.
I have questions, where did you get that Armour from and what mythic rank were you when you got it?

Also does the stacking have a limit to it

Yosharian

Arcane
Damn, I thought Animal Growth was supposed to... well... grow the size of my AC. And hopefully let me ride it while Enlarged (later Frigtening Aspect'ed). Meanwhile my Smilodon's size didn't visually change and, while Enlarged, I lost the capability to mount it. WTF?
Yeah AG doesn't seem to actually boost the animal's size at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/4820532832266665494

Update 1.1.0 (beta)

Crusaders!

We’ve prepared a huge update for you! But because it’s so huge, and because of various issues you may encounter with it, particularly with mods, we are releasing it in the beta branch first. Please switch to it in the properties of the game in Steam to download the update.

76a6ab327e4f76305dbdd08e32cb14cdb24934de.png

Because the list of changes is HUGE, we couldn't fit it here, so we put a link with the full patch notes instead.

Let us know what you think!

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hahahaha, the damage control from Owlcucks knows no bounds. Quite amusing I must admit.

Yep. Popularity = Quality. Game journos are always right. Now go ask a lv 4 archdruid to prepare a lot of barrels, so you can dish enough fire damage to kill a fire dragon because that is what low level D&D is all about, dragon slaying, entering the underdark, mindflayer spelljammer ships and so on.

-------------

As for the new patch, will they finally fix Ice Prison?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Woah, this patch is HUGE

• Loremaster level 1 did not increase Caster Level - fixed
  • The character couldn't select a second bloodline as a Sylvan Sorcerer - fixed
  • When you already had 2 classes with animal companion you couldn't get third class with animal companion - fixed
:incline:
  • Turn-based mode now better supports Mounted Combat. Also, you can now select a mount and use its abilities independently of the rider (just as in RTwP mode);
  • Charge sometimes didn't work when friendly characters were too close - fixed.
Absolute and massive incline

• Druid couldn't pick the Impossible Domain Mythic Feat - fixed
I didn't even think about the fact that druids can actually use Impossible Domain. That's cool.

• Loremaster could get any combat feat as a secret, ignoring the prerequisites - fixed
  • Cleaving Finish worked with the Coup de Grace ability - fixed
  • Deathsnatchers' regeneration was replaced by fast healing, to reduce the suffering of players
:decline:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
  • Alchemist archetype Incense Synthesizer descriptions updated;
Took 'em long enough.

e:
  • Outflank was not working according to the description - fixed;
  • Lilithu demons had 8 claw attacks instead of 4 - fixed;
  • Large Water Elemental was applying two Freezing conditions - fixed;
  • Order of the Godclaw ability didn't apply its morale bonus to the attack rolls properly - fixed;
And tons more. Just goes to show that the supposed "difficulty" of Core and up was just because of garbage implementation and bugs, not because it was oh-so well designed and challenging.

Still can't make red tieflings though, eh?

I have questions, where did you get that Armour from and what mythic rank were you when you got it?

I've no fucking clue man, I was pulling at my hair the other day because I was unable to find it again on my third run. But I'm 95% sure I found it during Act 4 somewhere in Alushinyrra. The DR stacks infinitely but that might be a bug.

Yosharian

Arcane

I've no fucking clue man, I was pulling at my hair the other day because I was unable to find it again on my third run. But I'm 95% sure I found it during Act 4 somewhere in Alushinyrra. The DR stacks infinitely but that might be a bug.
Darnit! You can't load an old save? You definitely didn't console it in though right?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Turn-based mode now better supports Mounted Combat. Also, you can now select a mount and use its abilities independently of the rider (just as in RTwP mode);

Hmm, that opens some possibilities... like Trample for example? Or using manual Trip activation.

Darnit! You can't load an old save? You definitely didn't console it in though right?
Found it, luckily I keep a shitload of saves.
V5B8LlB.png
I didn't console it in though and since this is the very start of Act 5 I'm absolutely sure I got it somewhere in the Abyss. I recall it was a merchant as well, but I couldn't find it for the life of me on the next 2 runs.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I always thought Camellia was the best tank in the game. Silly me. Dogs with Mounted Shield with Seelah on top of it are the best tank in the game. Feels good to have 53 AC at level 9 while Seelah does respectable damage.

Dogs are homies.

volklore

Arcane
Woah, this patch is HUGE

• Loremaster level 1 did not increase Caster Level - fixed
  • The character couldn't select a second bloodline as a Sylvan Sorcerer - fixed
  • When you already had 2 classes with animal companion you couldn't get third class with animal companion - fixed
:incline:
  • Turn-based mode now better supports Mounted Combat. Also, you can now select a mount and use its abilities independently of the rider (just as in RTwP mode);
  • Charge sometimes didn't work when friendly characters were too close - fixed.
Absolute and massive incline

• Druid couldn't pick the Impossible Domain Mythic Feat - fixed
I didn't even think about the fact that druids can actually use Impossible Domain. That's cool.

• Loremaster could get any combat feat as a secret, ignoring the prerequisites - fixed
  • Cleaving Finish worked with the Coup de Grace ability - fixed
  • Deathsnatchers' regeneration was replaced by fast healing, to reduce the suffering of players
:decline:
Now that my caster run is almost done thanks owlcat! Now the lore master fix will be really incline once you'll actually be able to pick spells from other lists as advertised.
Now one of the funniest thing about this patch note. They said they are fixing the fact that bolstered metamagic couldn't be picked as favorite but so can't Persistent and selective. How could they fix bolstered without realizing the others couldn't as well xD

The more intriguing is the court poet update. Really sounded like a great skald for a caster focused party but it was all bugged and didn't even give rage powers to himself when using his 'rage'.
  • Redesigned Skald archetype Court Poet

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
A lot of that stuff is extremely vague and I'm fairly sure vicinity of friendly characters is not the only problem with mounted charge (and it's not like they haven't claimed to have fixed it at least twice).

volklore

Arcane
So Court Poet skald doesn't get rage powers at all now. Just a generic Spell damage bonus (up to +5 at 20, seems to be flat not per die rolled) that it can share when using his 'rage'. So yeah, I guess it's officially garbage now x)

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So Court Poet skald doesn't get rage powers at all now. Just a generic Spell damage bonus (up to +5 at 20, seems to be flat not per die rolled) that it can share when using his 'rage'. So yeah, I guess it's garbage x)

Am I reading this right? You get +5 flat damage to spells? At level 20? That's some 5E design right there.
facepalm.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom