Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls How would Skyrim have been without the Decline caused by consoles?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Who cares? The truth is, no one fights with polearms in non rank and file situations. Polearms suck as individual weapons.

Wrong, very wrong. Polarms was vastly common in battlefield and hunting since the paleolithic times.

That is what swords were for.

Wrong. Spears are awful VS armor. Awful vs wild animals, require more training and more maintance.

had worse level scaling. Plus you can't really have quality open world games without some form of level scaling.

Oblivion yes, Morrowind, no.

Who cares? Reputations are an autistic thing anyway.

Yep. Who cares that the magic guild threats someone who is the archmage and saved then better than a complete novice, only autistic likes the world reacting to his actions /sarcasm

Oh RLY? That's great. Changing some icons in the interface and then hitting rest is such a great type of gameplay. Important decisions right there. Not even Einstein could play this shit.

Wrong. Very wrong. You said that spells in skyrim are only damage, heal, summon, debuff and detect. However, In Kingmaker, spells are much more different. There are no "best damage" spell in the game. Because a spell can require a touch attack or not, target fortitude, reflex or will save, require full round action or just an standard action, have secondary effects, like knocking then down like Sirroco or not, And the game doesn't have the RETARDED percentage based damage reduction, meaning that my Ice prison at lv 10 will deal no damage vs a enemy with 10 resistance vs cold, but at lv 20 with spell specialization, will dish 12 damage every round.

Spells are extremely more situational in Kingmaker.

I said the class interface resembled an excel spreadshit, having tons of useless numbers to make you feel it is important.

The numbers are not useless. Are measurements.

Oh, so you can just add an additional damage modifier on a few weapons, and suddenly the game became better? All it does is change some numbers. I am not saying special ammo is bad, i liked special ammo. But it was hardly that missed in FO3.

Yes. If you could use hollow point to hunt wild animals and armor piercing to deal with armor, or dragon breath in your shotgun to put things in fire, explosive .50 BMG, it is great. It brings more variety to the game.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Wrong, very wrong. Polarms was vastly common in battlefield and hunting since the paleolithic times.

Indeed, cause METALLURGY, FAGGOT. In the beginning it was quite difficult to create longer blades that wouldn't bend and break. Also in paleolithic times people didn't have armor or shields so they preferred the longer reach for safety. As people discovered iron and later steel, swords became vastly more popular for infantry combat. In medieval and Rennaisance times the only reason to use polearms was to kill cavalry.

Wrong. Spears are awful VS armor. Awful vs wild animals, require more training and more maintance.

Indeed, i agree completely. LOL.

Seriously though....

These clowns in the video do not know how to fight. They are useless garbage nerds, like shadiversity and other clowns you watch. I said sword and shield, not just sword. And when i watched the sword and shield guy fighting the spear guy part, i CRINGED, because only a fucking incel nerd cuck would attempt to fight like this. This is not how properly trained swordfighters fought in the real world. This video only proves that morons making videos on the internet are trash and shouldn't be trusted with anything.

Also, touch does not equal kill. A spear would be much hard to target properly vs armor than a sword. With a sword you have more precision to hit between the weak areas of the opponents armor, the spear is pretty much useless if the other person has a proper shield and armor. Not to mention that a spear needs a longer area of thrust in order to generate force strong enough to do damage vs armor, so one does not simply "dance" and kill like the moron in the video. A sword needs a far lesser area to swing and do damage. There is a reason swordsmen were in high demand in the medieval times.

Oblivion yes, Morrowind, no.

Both. You probably don't remember because it has been 20 years since you played Morrowind. Morrowind did have a level scaling system.

Wrong. Very wrong. You said that spells in skyrim are only damage, heal, summon, debuff and detect. However, In Kingmaker, spells are much more different. There are no "best damage" spell in the game. Because a spell can require a touch attack or not, target fortitude, reflex or will save, require full round action or just an standard action, have secondary effects, like knocking then down like Sirroco or not, And the game doesn't have the RETARDED percentage based damage reduction, meaning that my Ice prison at lv 10 will deal no damage vs a enemy with 10 resistance vs cold, but at lv 20 with spell specialization, will dish 12 damage every round.

Kingmaker has exactly the same spells. They belong in the same categories. You are arguing minutiae here.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As people discovered iron and later steel, swords became vastly more popular for infantry combat. In medieval and Rennaisance times the only reason to use polearms was to kill cavalry.

Source? Anyway, I wanna use spears and if the game doesn't allow it, is a - point. And even if spears are only great for hunting and anti cavalry, guess what. You fight a lot of large creatures in this games and a lot of elder scrolls traditional deities tends to favor spears. Hircine is an example. Skyrim still great in other aspects. The crossbow in particular is way better than morrowind and vampire lord form too(Despite the lack of sun damage)

it has been 20 years since you played Morrowind. Morrowind did have a level scaling system.

Wrong. My first TES was Oblivion, Morrowind is just my third TES game. And I have played it a lot and will re play it soon. I know that Morrowind had a level scaling. But is way less impactful than Skyrim. In fact, one of the best things which Skyrim did is tone down the level scaling from Oblivion. On Oblivion, leveling up makes your character weaker cuz everything gets ludicrous high hp each lv up and you reach your damage cap quickly. Not mentioning poor thugs in the poorest area of the imperial city with daedric gear. Skyrim level scaling is not like Morrowind where only affects spawns, but is not like Oblivion where leveling up makes you weaker.

They belong in the same categories.

But my point is that they are way more situational. For example, Finger of Death is amazing vs targets which aren't undead and has low fortiitude save. Disintegrate is amazing if you have a good AB but is awful if the enemy is under concealment, or has high fort or high touch AC. Golems are immune to magic, hence spells which ignore spell resistance are the way to go vs then.

Here is how I think :

• Attributes will be part of the game. And impact the gameplay way more.
  • Vampires will take sun damage as Daggerfall, Morrowind and late stages on Oblivion
  • Cities will gonna be open like on morrowind hence levitation/mark/recal and other spells would exist
  • You would't be able to become the gran master of all factions, like in Morrowind, certain quests of one faction will force you to kill members of a opposite faction
  • No immortal NPC's
  • Polearms
  • Spellmaking with all new spell effects
  • Reputation with NPC's, locations, guilds, and overall world faction
  • Way more reactivity. You wond't be able to kill the emperor and join in the imperial legion. In fact, doing it should make you wanted in every city not controlled by the stormcloaks
  • Magic will be HATED not only in few dialogs with certain mages. If you are a magic user, you will be misstreated. Certain shops will refuse to sell things to you, you will be forced to be in shakles before talking with certain NPC's like important Jarls and doing magic in mid of the city be illegal in many cities. Guards will refuse bribes or take the bribery and arrest you despite it or attack in sight unless you have very high persuasion.
  • The graphics would be even better
  • More mature themes, like xenofobia from the stormcloaks and authoritarianism from the empire.
  • Morrowind style armor mechanics instead of armor just reducing damage by percentage
  • Surviving in the extremely cold and tall mountain would be very hard.
  • Classes.
  • (...)
And lastly but not less important. TemplarGR would't like it cuz it would not be the video game eqquivalent of fast food.
Lol what? You realize morrowind was actually released on Xbox? You realize oblivion was made for consoles yet had some of this stuff?

Yeah I'm sure it's the fault of consoles that skyrim wasn't made specifically with this particular weird vision, it was gonna be based with hooker and blackjack but those damn konsole kiddies demanded it be dumbed down.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
I don't think that they would have changed a lot. A bit larger cities, some reactivity, additional NPCs in the cities - given they had the same team size.
Maybe 5% better?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom