Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Vampire: The Masquerade - goth cringe or Christian apologetic?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Vincente

Arbiter
I always thought she was actually a single child and had no sisters whatsoever, Therese personality was the personality her father wanted her to have around others(proper ladylike) while Jeanette personality was her depressed childhood feelings(carefree, playful) and her father's sexual abuse towards her.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I always thought she was actually a single child and had no sisters whatsoever, Therese personality was the personality her father wanted her to have around others(proper ladylike) while Jeanette personality was her depressed childhood feelings(carefree, playful) and her father's sexual abuse towards her.

That's what's in the game.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Isn't there a painting of the two of them as children in the game though?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I agree with the one kid two personalities thing. Always seemed obvious to me. The painting makes it a small chance that could be wrong though. I don't think the painting is ever specifically mentioned so it could be real.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Given that Therese is 6th generation, it can be that her Dementation power of Deny is so powerful that, for all intents and purposes, to the entire world Jeanette exists. Deny is the power that, as an example, lets Malkavians walk through walls as long as they believe the wall doesn't exist.

In LA by Night for example, everyone acts as if Jeanette is real, even the Society of Leopold.
In season 5, there is a blood hunt on Therese called by Vannevar Thomas, and Jeanette is openly the "acting Baron of Santa Monica" without anyone in the Camarilla thinking to go after Jeanette.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The only previous knowledge of Vampire and the World of Darkness that I have is through VtmB.

I thought the game world, presented in that game, was fairly cool and interesting. It didn't explain every detail or backstory and left a lot to the imagination.

The more I read about the actual Vampire setting and the WoD, the less I like it, because everything is explained and in such a banal way.

This is a setting that is elevated by questions unanswered.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
And? it's good.
If you can't think of anything good, the next best thing to do is to steal good ideas from other people.
I suppose you're right. Entertainment today would be a lot better if they just copy-pasted stuff from the 20th century.

Codex Year of the Donut
And? it's good.
If you can't think of anything good, the next best thing to do is to steal good ideas from other people.
I suppose you're right. Entertainment today would be a lot better if they just copy-pasted stuff from the 20th century.
And what do you think they were doing in the 20th century? The main issue today is that cinema is too cannibalistic and sequel-oriented.
The amount of original work is incredibly small, most stories are just existing works combined in new ways with changes and additions. Trying to write something that isn't at least subconsciously influenced by things you've experienced is probably near impossible.

From your wikipedia link:
All three of the segments in Trilogy of Terror are based on individual stories by horror writer Richard Matheson.
And the book was probably based on something else.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
From your wikipedia link:
Uh, except the writer of those short stories was directly involved with the film. In any case, movies being based on books and other stuff isn't the same as ripping something off and pretending you came up with it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Commiefornia, Soyattle, why only this boring places in this urban fantasy RPG's? We need a urban fantasy game set in a better place, like Odessa in Ukraine, Ushuaia in Argentina and so on.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Commiefornia, Soyattle, why only this boring places in this urban fantasy RPG's? We need a urban fantasy game set in a better place, like Odessa in Ukraine, Ushuaia in Argentina and so on.

There's more than enough sewer levels in games already, no need to set them in one.

Serious answer: It is far easier to make a bunch of blocks of generic American streets and throw in some neon than it is to recreate cities with thousands of years of history, doubly so for American devs who get scared by anything that isn't aforementioned American streets.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It is far easier to make a bunch of blocks of generic American streets and throw in some neon than it is to recreate cities with thousands of years of history,

Yep. You are right. Is far easier to recreate the generic commiefornia/soyattle than :

zCI2GS0.jpg

EgtzvNX.jpg

But honestly, modern urban fantasy and post apocalyptic are two settings for RPGs rarely made and traditional fantasy rarely is something more unique like Morrowind.

doubly so for American devs who get scared by anything that isn't aforementioned American streets.

Agreed. But look to CD projekt red. They could easily made their cyberbug set in a more original country but chose USA. Fallout, I would love to see how the nuclear war affected other countries.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've got a game for you. It's called Vampire: Redemption :D
Prague would be a fine location for a game, I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom