Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God of War reboot - now on PC

Machocruz

Arcane
Camera is idiotic for a melee game, but GoW is so basic bitch in its gameplay that it also doesn't matter all that much. Devil May Cry or Nioh having that kind of positioning would justify two more bombs on their country of origin

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This is hard to describe, the problem really isn't about the position so to say...
God Hand uses the same camera position, but in that game it works because God Hand is about fighting really up close against at most a handful of enemies
Enemies, by the way, that are suited to the battle in that camera (they are not to big, they don't attack from far away, and they don't "zip" in and out you of your line of sight) - which means the camera was deliberately chosen for its gameplay
But the combat in the nuGoW is the complete opposite of this - you always fight a room of mooks, some throw shit at you from far away, you can fight at medium range (the chains), some enemies are too tall for the camera, there are bosses can easily get out of your sight
Even the devs noticed this camera wasn't suitable
How do I know this?
They literally put a HUD indicator to tell exactly how many enemies are behind you and when they are about to attack you
In fact, in battles with a large amount of enemies, it's easier to keep track of them with that indicator (i.e. when they are behind)
That should tell anyone just how bad this camera for this type of combat is a horrendous design choice
Yet the devs think this is fine because it's "cinematic" or something...
Fuck you.
You know what would be cinematic?
Scripted camera shots like the old God of War games did.
That way devs could jerk off their "cinematic" boner by having always control of the camera, and we could have an enjoyable time by being able to actually see and track what the fuck we're up against

Last edited:

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
here's your Angrboða bro.
j6yu7wuknjm71.jpg
Another one that pisses me off is what they did to Thor. I am so tired of brainlets saying "This is how Thor actually looked liked according to Norse myths! Look it up haters!"
No, he doesn't look like a fat neckbeard. If you twats actually read a book on mythology (I have an entire bookcase full of books on myths from around the world) you will see that Thor is presented as being tall, muscular, in shape with red hair and a beard. He is suppose to be the ideal Norse warrior. These dipshits are basing Thor off from whatever Marvel shit they consumed because Anthony Burch (who is the head writer) is a soy boy woke consumer and thought it would be funny to add Fat Thor to God of Soy. Also, stop saying that "Well in Valhalla the warriors probably get fat from feasting all day". No, they didn't. The warriors had to be in tip top shape because Ragnarok could happen at any time and the warriors needed to be at their best before they went out on their final ride. So tired of low IQ consumer dipshits thinking they know mythology when they know Jack shit and base things off other consumer products.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Another one that pisses me off is what they did to Thor. I am so tired of brainlets saying "This is how Thor actually looked liked according to Norse myths! Look it up haters!"
No, he doesn't look like a fat neckbeard.

What?
They didn't reveal Thor in the trailer I think...

RangerBoo

Arcane
No, he doesn't look like a fat neckbeard.

What?
They didn't reveal Thor in the trailer I think...

You can tell that Anthony Burch watch Endgame like it was his Bible and thought that adding fat Thor in God of Soy will be a good idea.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Honestly I wouldn't mind the "fatness" if it had been something more like this:

In fact I wouldn't even notice "the fat" as with this shape I would've thought that they were going for a "strong man" direction
Which would've been cool

But that shit is just ridiculous
How the fuck can that guy be a warrior with that physique?
Better yet, how do you expect your players to feel any sort of threat by an obese ginger?

RangerBoo

Arcane
Honestly I wouldn't mind the "fatness" if it had been something more like this:

In fact I wouldn't even notice "the fat" as with this shape I would've thought that they were going for a "strong man" direction
Which would've been cool

But that shit is just ridiculous
How the fuck can that guy be a warrior with that physique?
Better yet, how do you expect your players to feel any sort of threat by an obese ginger?
Well Anthony Burch and the rest of the soy filled devs of God of Soy probably feel threaten by someone that looks like nu-Thor because he, in their minds, is what a average GamerGate supporter looks like. They can't let that fucking hashtag movement go. It is their dragon. They have to keep chasing it.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Maybe the character will be shit in the actual game but I don't mind the take here. I talked to plenty of Swedes, including some a white nationalist and noone thought was an expression "soy" or anything like that. If anything people were happy that there wasn't a another marvelifcation of Thor. This version looks like a guy that could actually drink enough of the ocean to cause tides and he has red hair rather than blonde.

You guys are acting as just as easily triggered, paranoid snowflakes as anyone on twitter or Reddit. Pathetic.

The black girl as Angerboda is retarded though.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I don't think there's anything paranoid with concerns I voiced

Again this character is a warrior, so shouldn't he have a physique that could efficiently sustain the toll of such heavy physical activity
And how about the fact that as a major villain and boss battle, this character should have an apparence that actually makes the player both excited to fight him and fearful for the threat he presents to Kratos

Seriously man, this guy is supposed to be the "rival" character
The one guy in the game that both the audience and the other characters know this guy can battle the protagonist on equal terms
If you go look to pretty much every other brawler with this character archetype, you will notice they are always the character that more ressembles the protagonist
You may perhaps find it "unoriginal", but the reason for this constant choice is that it serves a purpose - to let the player know that this is someone you should take seriously be it in narrative or more importantly gameplay~

But this design completely fails at any of these things
Honestly it's almost like it was made to be the complete opposite, or better yet rejection, of these aspects

Riskbreaker

There was no mention whatsoever of Bloodborne in that recent GeForce leak wherein both this and the remake of Demon's Souls (why) were listed. Life sucks etc.

Dexter

Arcane
I'd rather have the Original Trilogy for this and the Uncharted series if they must release them instead of the SOY movie games.

randir14

Augur
This is only being released to lure PC players into buying a PS5 for the sequel. Sony admitted it with Horizon, stating "we hope PC players will join Aloy in her next adventure on PS5".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom