Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fought this for 1 hour in TB on the winning attempt. Drops like the best item in the game, I feel.
I had suicidal urges whilst going through that dungeon. It was absolutely zero challenge at that stage of the game, it was too big for its own good and involved too much running about, the crystal shit was mind bogglingly tedious and the puzzles were absolutely meh. On my second and third runs of the game, the sole reason as to why I've done it again to begin with was to collect the crystal from the boss for ascension. I actually cheated in like 20 blue and green power source crystals to skip the hassle, which I wholeheartedly recommend to everyone in their own subsequent runs.
What dungeon?! I just fought the thing as soon as I found it, killed it and took the helm that had a too big downside to use so I sold it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What I am wondering is where did I miss the 4th mask needed for Nenio quest. I was sure I cleared everything...

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, that drop item is almost too good to be true!

Is it different from the one you get after completing the four puzzles, before even going to the Enigma? (mask of the most worthy or sth, +20 insight bonus on saves, minus AC etc when you are in the Enigma). My playthrough bugged out making Nenio disappear forever and could only fight the illusory Areshkagal.

Yeah, it is a slight upgrade but can only be worn by the MC.

and, as mentioned above, it's cursed

The really sad thing about the Enigma is how much work must have gone into making something so dull to play through.

The aesthetics of the place are great, the items are great, but unfortunately everything else about it sucks.
Good area design + bad encounter design was already the underlying tone in KM. Wrath doubled down on it, areas are better while encounters are worse.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Fought this for 1 hour in TB on the winning attempt. Drops like the best item in the game, I feel.
I had suicidal urges whilst going through that dungeon. It was absolutely zero challenge at that stage of the game, it was too big for its own good and involved too much running about, the crystal shit was mind bogglingly tedious and the puzzles were absolutely meh. On my second and third runs of the game, the sole reason as to why I've done it again to begin with was to collect the crystal from the boss for ascension. I actually cheated in like 20 blue and green power source crystals to skip the hassle, which I wholeheartedly recommend to everyone in their own subsequent runs.
What dungeon?! I just fought the thing as soon as I found it, killed it and took the helm that had a too big downside to use so I sold it.
There are 2 helmets with similar stats. The 1 you get for solving the puzzles in the "secrets of creation" and the other you obtain for fully clearing out The Enigma. The Enigma is a serious drag, probably the worst dungeon in the game.

Sharpedge

Prophet
probably the worst dungeon in the game.
Let's not get too crazy here. There's still the codex dungeon in the game. It's almost like we had a design shitpost competition with Owlcat.
The Codex dungeon is only a single fight though and is over in about 3-6 minutes. Its a somewhat annoying gimmick fight, but it doesn't drag on for an extended period of time unlike the Enigma.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
When first entering The Enigma I was like :bounce: Pyramids and shit? Cool! Then you stumble upon the crystal puzzles and it's more like :negative:. Then you realize you explored only one half of the map and there's another floor of the same content and you turn into :abyssgazer:.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I think chapter 5 is generally the lowest point in the game.

For me, there's not much to choose between the first 4 chapters, I enjoy them all about equally.

5 has very few fun parts to play through, and those good sections are also pretty short
Areelu's secret lab is probably the best bit.
Then there's a shed load of annoying/tedious crap.

Chapter 6 is alright apart from that annoying lightning spammer, but still isn't as good as the first 4 in my opinion.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Enigma, the one in Nenio's quest. You fight sphinx demon lady in the Heart of Mystery quest too.
Ah, I guess I didn't do the Enigma dungeon as I could not find all the masks for Nenio quest. But the other Sphinx was a pushover.

Tsubutai

Educated
What I am wondering is where did I miss the 4th mask needed for Nenio quest. I was sure I cleared everything...
Hard to say without knowing which ones you *did* get.

One mask is in the secret room at Pulura's falls, one is in the Ivory Sanctum, one is in the Ineluctable Prison, and one is in the Heart of Mystery.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Enigma, the one in Nenio's quest. You fight sphinx demon lady in the Heart of Mystery quest too.
Ah, I guess I didn't do the Enigma dungeon as I could not find all the masks for Nenio quest. But the other Sphinx was a pushover.
Since I am a very nice person and am totally not inflicting a curse upon you, you can find the 4 masks at
Hidden Room in Pulura's Fall, Puzzle in Ineluctable Prison, Puzzle in Ivory Sanctum and Randomly lying on the ground at the Heart of Mystery.
You can thank me after you finish the Enigma. :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hard to say without knowing which ones you *did* get.

One mask is in the secret room at Pulura's falls, one is in the Ivory Sanctum, one is in the Ineluctable Prison, and one is in the Heart of Mystery.
I think Pulura's falls or Inelectuble prison would be where I missed it. Pulura has some high DCs and Prison had some shapes on wall that I didn't even bother solving as I didn't find any books or anywhere that told me what to do with those.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I think Pulura's falls or Inelectuble prison would be where I missed it. Pulura has some high DCs and Prison had some shapes on wall that I didn't even bother solving as I didn't find any books or anywhere that told me what to do with those.

If liked the 'puzzles' in the prison enough to ignore them, you'll probably love spending a few hours doing even more exciting ones in the enigma.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

"Every scientist thinks their field research is going to continue forever! But as the saying goes — at the end of the day, we all must compile our bibliography and references..." — Nenio
This is actually bullshit.

When you do research without using other scientific works, you don't need to provide ANY reference. And it's actually degrading your work when you DO provide some references.

Bibliography is provided just for convenience to point to similar stuff and important books about subject.

I remember when I did some research I found so many bullshit they had in scientific works, I'd write 3x as much text about misconceptions than about real subject. (For example: It's kinda funny archaeogenetic actually shows REAL genetics of that population, not a "we thought because they bought vases from neighbors they are just branch of the same people", when in reality they were completely different and had closed borders to immigration to protect themselves... probably to protect themselves from changing genetic by migrations, or to protect themselves from being overrun and sold to slavery (Immigrants were awesome fifth column). It's actually kinda funny, small genetics groups need to preserve theirs own genetics and try to remove genetic defects. Big groups simply sell consequences of intermixing they don't want to slavery, preferably castrated.)

Historical (pre 1200) European climate, virology, and overpopulation/demographic problems, are also full of idiocy.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Anyone else order the boxed copy through kickstarter? They sent out they were going to ship them soon and I got a notification from "KRISTA" that a package from moscow was arriving, errrr, tomorrow. I'm assuming it's the box. But maybe it's russian drugs who knows hey.

ArchAngel

Arcane

If liked the 'puzzles' in the prison enough to ignore them, you'll probably love spending a few hours doing even more exciting ones in the enigma.
I don't enjoy puzzles at all in my rpgs. If I need more than 1 minute to solve it, I just google the solution and continue playing.

Longes

Augur

"Every scientist thinks their field research is going to continue forever! But as the saying goes — at the end of the day, we all must compile our bibliography and references..." — Nenio
This is actually bullshit.

When you do research without using other scientific works, you don't need to provide ANY reference. And it's actually degrading your work when you DO provide some references.

Bibliography is provided just for convenience to point to similar stuff and important books about subject.

I remember when I did some research I found so many bullshit they had in scientific works, I'd write 3x as much text about misconceptions than about real subject. (For example: It's kinda funny archaeogenetic actually shows REAL genetics of that population, not a "we thought because they bought vases from neighbors they are just branch of the same people", when in reality they were completely different and had closed borders to immigration to protect themselves... probably to protect themselves from changing genetic by migrations, or to protect themselves from being overrun and sold to slavery (Immigrants were awesome fifth column). It's actually kinda funny, small genetics groups need to preserve theirs own genetics and try to remove genetic defects. Big groups simply sell consequences of intermixing they don't want to slavery, preferably castrated.)

Historical (pre 1200) European climate, virology, and overpopulation/demographic problems, are also full of idiocy.

I'll point out that Nenio is an absolutely terrible scientist, does not follow any semblance of the scientific method, and is pretty much just a raving lunatic with no known recognition from Golarion's scientific community.
Which, you know, is fitting for
what is basically a rogue scouting drone
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lxih62D.jpg

Time for the Trickster run :whatho:

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
I'll point out that Nenio is an absolutely terrible scientist, does not follow any semblance of the scientific method, and is pretty much just a raving lunatic with no known recognition from Golarion's scientific community.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lxih62D.jpg

To fully min/max your Rance, you'd probably do even better if you moved one of DEX or CON to 13 and the other to 15.

You can get 1 rank of the Knowledge Arcana Mythic Trick to give +1 enhancement bonus to any items your party identifies, including belts,so having all three physicals on odd numbers will benefit you in the long run.

Longes

Augur
lxih62D.jpg

To fully min/max your Rance, you'd probably do even better if you moved one of DEX or CON to 13 and the other to 15.

You can get 1 rank of the Knowledge Arcana Mythic Trick to give +1 enhancement bonus to any items your party identifies, including belts,so having all three physicals on odd numbers will benefit you in the long run.
I'd also probably go with a Vivisectionist, Mutation Warrior, or Instinctual Barbarian. Rance does a lot of sneak attacking in his life, chugs Ibuprofen like a pro, and operates on instinct and animal drive more often than not. And all of these would be more minmax-y than a Fighter 20.

cw8

Cipher
probably the worst dungeon in the game.
Let's not get too crazy here. There's still the codex dungeon in the game. It's almost like we had a design shitpost competition with Owlcat.

The Engima has the pain the ass puzzles shoved in your face. 2 of them are the memory puzzles which are fine, the rest I can't be bothered to understand. Just referred to the wiki for all of them. The crystal power nodes are annoying and the shitty wiki doesn't cover that. And then there's the whole swarm of trash mobs inside, copy and pasted through all the rooms. Good for testing Weird I guess but annoying just the same.
At least the final boss there is fun and torturous in a same way. Probably the hardest one in the whole game.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I think chapter 5 is generally the lowest point in the game.

For me, there's not much to choose between the first 4 chapters, I enjoy them all about equally.

5 has very few fun parts to play through, and those good sections are also pretty short
Areelu's secret lab is probably the best bit.
Then there's a shed load of annoying/tedious crap.

Chapter 6 is alright apart from that annoying lightning spammer, but still isn't as good as the first 4 in my opinion.

Exactly like Kingmaker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom