Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I found on reddit a thread about wrath of the righteous which is more edgy than posts on Codex. It's named "this_games_dungeon_crawling_experience".

Are you sure you are not confusing it with "Rat that ran out of toilet paper"? That one is supposed to be the final boss of the Dungeons and Rodents campaign, so it makes sense for it to have such high stats.
I just spent my Saturday reading through that sourcebook looking for an opportunity to dunk on you in this thread. I am happy to announce that you are totally wrong: the campaign is titled "Dungeons & Rodents," not "Dungeons and Rodents." Having found a small flaw in your comment, I will now refuse to address any of the actual points you made.

Also
After the long journey back to Drezen, I sell my haul of 800 lbs of cloaks of resistance+2, and I decide to go for a quick rest before adventuring again. Skipping through the 27 crusade events that pop the moment I enter the citadel, one of them catches my attention: it looks like Grandma Jensen needs the help of an experienced adventurer to get rid of the rats infesting her home. I smile to myself: Finally, a quest worthy of the commander of the crusade.

After opening the world map, I let out a sigh of relief: luckily, the journey to Grandma’s house, in the center of the Worldwound, will only take me about 6 days. I click on the nearest node in the map, and open one of the games in my phone while I wait for the 20 minutes that it will take my party to get there. To my dismay, I hear a loud sound: it seems like I’ve been ambushed. The battle is hard fought, but after a couple minutes the flying demonic meatballs lie dead at my feet. Even better, they don’t drop any loot, so the risk of my party being over encumbered is averted. I resurrect Greybor and go back to the world map. After 17 more ambushes, 6 random events and the skeletal merchant, I wait while one of my armies clears the 4 demon forts along the way. Quickly tracing my steps back for about 10 minutes to find the correct path, I finally reach Grandma’s house. Now the REAL fun begins.

As soon as I load into the area, I am greeted by the rat envoy: a long conversation and a cutscene ensues, after which I am immediately attacked by 4 melee rats, 6 ranger rats and two casting rodents. A mythic Glabrezu that was delivering Amazon packages also decides to join the enemy, and they quickly overrun my party. It was my own fault, I think to myself: I really got outplayed, and should have expected a fight as soon as I entered the zone. After many attempts and unskippable cutscenes I win the fight and remove Greybor’s negative levels and ability damage. I use all my buffs and decide that it is now time to enter the house.

The inside of the house is about what I expected: small rooms with extremely narrow corridors. While mentally making fun of all those fools out there that decided to play cavalier, one of my characters detects 3 traps in a hallway. It’s okay, I think, Woljif will handle it. However, I was overconfident once again: it seems there was something wrong with the pathing, and Woljif triggers all three traps: sirocco, cloudkill and blade barrier. It looks like Grandma really valued her privacy. Loading the latest save, I overcome this new obstacle, and after some easy fights, I notice a new pack of rats. Three seconds after the fight begins, Greybor explodes into a gory mess. Something is wrong, I realize, and inspect all the different rats. Seems like I made another mistake, one of these rats is not like the others: this is a Mildly Inconvinienced rat, a level 42 enemy with 86 AC and a fear aura that pierces all resistances. I mentally prepare for a long and arduous fight: this is going to be rough.

3 hours and many buffs later, I roll 42 NAT 20s in a row and deal enough damage to overcome the rat’s natural healing. And not a moment too soon, as I was sure it was preparing to instantly cast mirror image once again. These enemies drop no loot, but I notice three chests in the room they were defending. In one of said chests, I loot a chainmail+1, some rings of protection and a +2 unholy Tongi that deals bonus damage against lawful good enemies and is only equippable my neutral evil characters. My mind races with all the different possibilities for new builds that such a weapon enables. The other two chests require a level 45 trickery check, which Woljif overcomes with the help of some lockpicks. My reward for such a feat is a bunch of shiny stones and a masterwork cold iron falcata.

Making my way to Grandma’s kitchen, the final room in this dungeon, I prepare myself for a tough boss fight, but I am instead greeted by a familiar voice: Grandma Jensen is here, looks like she is actually a demon and has been deceiving me the entire time! After passing some perception checks and lamenting not being able to select the 6 different Angel mythic path choices, the boss fight begins. However, Succubus Jensen is not Mildly Inconvenienced, is fighting by herself, and has only 36 AC. The ensuing fight is quick and bloody, as I easily dispatch this demonic agent. While waiting for my min-maxed mercenary Ecclesitheurge to cast resurrection on Greybor, I decide to check people’s experiences with this particular dungeon in reddit, and find a post with someone complaining about the difficulty. With a smug grin, I prepare to write an essay about how easy the entire dungeon was with my Neoseeker Lich-Sorcerer build, crack my knuckles, and begin typing…

Yea just like that.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I found on reddit a thread about wrath of the righteous which is more edgy than posts on Codex. It's named "this_games_dungeon_crawling_experience".

Are you sure you are not confusing it with "Rat that ran out of toilet paper"? That one is supposed to be the final boss of the Dungeons and Rodents campaign, so it makes sense for it to have such high stats.
I just spent my Saturday reading through that sourcebook looking for an opportunity to dunk on you in this thread. I am happy to announce that you are totally wrong: the campaign is titled "Dungeons & Rodents," not "Dungeons and Rodents." Having found a small flaw in your comment, I will now refuse to address any of the actual points you made.

Also
After the long journey back to Drezen, I sell my haul of 800 lbs of cloaks of resistance+2, and I decide to go for a quick rest before adventuring again. Skipping through the 27 crusade events that pop the moment I enter the citadel, one of them catches my attention: it looks like Grandma Jensen needs the help of an experienced adventurer to get rid of the rats infesting her home. I smile to myself: Finally, a quest worthy of the commander of the crusade.

After opening the world map, I let out a sigh of relief: luckily, the journey to Grandma’s house, in the center of the Worldwound, will only take me about 6 days. I click on the nearest node in the map, and open one of the games in my phone while I wait for the 20 minutes that it will take my party to get there. To my dismay, I hear a loud sound: it seems like I’ve been ambushed. The battle is hard fought, but after a couple minutes the flying demonic meatballs lie dead at my feet. Even better, they don’t drop any loot, so the risk of my party being over encumbered is averted. I resurrect Greybor and go back to the world map. After 17 more ambushes, 6 random events and the skeletal merchant, I wait while one of my armies clears the 4 demon forts along the way. Quickly tracing my steps back for about 10 minutes to find the correct path, I finally reach Grandma’s house. Now the REAL fun begins.

As soon as I load into the area, I am greeted by the rat envoy: a long conversation and a cutscene ensues, after which I am immediately attacked by 4 melee rats, 6 ranger rats and two casting rodents. A mythic Glabrezu that was delivering Amazon packages also decides to join the enemy, and they quickly overrun my party. It was my own fault, I think to myself: I really got outplayed, and should have expected a fight as soon as I entered the zone. After many attempts and unskippable cutscenes I win the fight and remove Greybor’s negative levels and ability damage. I use all my buffs and decide that it is now time to enter the house.

The inside of the house is about what I expected: small rooms with extremely narrow corridors. While mentally making fun of all those fools out there that decided to play cavalier, one of my characters detects 3 traps in a hallway. It’s okay, I think, Woljif will handle it. However, I was overconfident once again: it seems there was something wrong with the pathing, and Woljif triggers all three traps: sirocco, cloudkill and blade barrier. It looks like Grandma really valued her privacy. Loading the latest save, I overcome this new obstacle, and after some easy fights, I notice a new pack of rats. Three seconds after the fight begins, Greybor explodes into a gory mess. Something is wrong, I realize, and inspect all the different rats. Seems like I made another mistake, one of these rats is not like the others: this is a Mildly Inconvinienced rat, a level 42 enemy with 86 AC and a fear aura that pierces all resistances. I mentally prepare for a long and arduous fight: this is going to be rough.

3 hours and many buffs later, I roll 42 NAT 20s in a row and deal enough damage to overcome the rat’s natural healing. And not a moment too soon, as I was sure it was preparing to instantly cast mirror image once again. These enemies drop no loot, but I notice three chests in the room they were defending. In one of said chests, I loot a chainmail+1, some rings of protection and a +2 unholy Tongi that deals bonus damage against lawful good enemies and is only equippable my neutral evil characters. My mind races with all the different possibilities for new builds that such a weapon enables. The other two chests require a level 45 trickery check, which Woljif overcomes with the help of some lockpicks. My reward for such a feat is a bunch of shiny stones and a masterwork cold iron falcata.

Making my way to Grandma’s kitchen, the final room in this dungeon, I prepare myself for a tough boss fight, but I am instead greeted by a familiar voice: Grandma Jensen is here, looks like she is actually a demon and has been deceiving me the entire time! After passing some perception checks and lamenting not being able to select the 6 different Angel mythic path choices, the boss fight begins. However, Succubus Jensen is not Mildly Inconvenienced, is fighting by herself, and has only 36 AC. The ensuing fight is quick and bloody, as I easily dispatch this demonic agent. While waiting for my min-maxed mercenary Ecclesitheurge to cast resurrection on Greybor, I decide to check people’s experiences with this particular dungeon in reddit, and find a post with someone complaining about the difficulty. With a smug grin, I prepare to write an essay about how easy the entire dungeon was with my Neoseeker Lich-Sorcerer build, crack my knuckles, and begin typing…

Yea just like that.

Reads like a parody of this thread.

Can’t believe you tried to beat the rats without taking a dip into monk and DD for the AC bonuses. Absolute Madman.

What can I say, I like using some less known classes, like ecclesitheurge and mutation warrior. Maybe a couple dips into vivisectionist here and there.

Agreed I really like how the story has so many ways it can fold out. See the problem is ungrateful players not appreciating there's multiple ways Granny Dia's Rat Troubles can end. Either you get the magical Wizard Cone of Judgement and a fun boss fight or you get an interesting flavour story of your characters sucking because Woljif didn't have AT LEAST 96 perception which is easy to get if you just dip levels into five different classes...

BTW I did this story on Unfair difficulty and it was surprisingly easy so no one should ever have difficulty completing this on lower difficulties how they want anyway. I only had to reload a failed dice roll once or fifty times.

Any tabletop Pathfinder player knows that there is a Pathfinder sourcebook that describes the Mildly Inconvenienced template and it is exactly this difficult. This implementation is flawless, and your suggestion that it could be any other way is completely ridiculous and shows an embarrassing lack of understanding of The Lore.

Honestly, this game is made for tabletop Pathfinder fans, and you repulsive casuals disgust me with posts like this.

I cleared grandma's house on the hardest difficulty with no companions - it's trivial with the right build and anybody can do the research to make this happen.

Seriously, just turn down the difficulty.

This game is not for you.

How does it make you feel, knowing that fucking Reddit is funnier than you, Wrath simps?

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Screenshot_20211021-064908.jpg

A living legend. Also Redditor-Codexers. Disgusting.

Sunri

Liturgist
Monk based game Pathfinder mixes, bloated stats, dumb ai, tilts. Everything that is somewhat related to monks.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
arueshalae-companion-pathfinder-wotr-wiki-guide-250px.jpg

"C-commander senpai! I had to lock myself in jail b-because... I have... d-dirty thoughts about you! D-don't go near me, I'm dangerous impure succubus! C-commander...? K-kyaaah~!!!"

Well, this settles it. Russians ARE asians.

Always have been.
e74.gif

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
DC55+ required for enemies with 35+ saves. Did this guy ever hear about debuffing? or Rerolls? InEffect thinks that only builds that work are the ones you can right click, turn on ai and get off from the chair.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
Poor hand of the inheritor, not only does he spend half game being tortured by baphomet, but Owlcat didn't even give him immunity to mind-affecting, big sad.

Aarwolf

Learned
She's a

psychopathic serial killer

personally, I hand her over to the cops as soon as I get the chance. Don't want that thing wandering free in my city.

I killed her myself, I am the law and I am the justice and I hand it myself.

Could be. Someone says you get the ending slide if you wear it when you clear the game. But I never wore it and still got the slide.

Same here, that was creepy.

A-Minish

Educated
Can someone tell me if this is normal : I can not use more than one Beast Tamer special ability "Summon Nature's Ally"(regardless of the level). I tested with two Beast tamer and one's sommoning despawn the other's summon. Is it a bug, an oversight or a poor game design choice ?(summons can be good I suppose but they are not overpowered as far as I know)

I need to know, I dont want to keep any hope for a fix if none is coming.:|

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Whom of the companions do you use to brew potions?
Sosiel, Daeran, or Cleric/Druid Lann. Divine potions > arcane potions.
Daeran does not have the feat from the start, and I think Oracle is not very feat rich class. Did you dip something or did you burn a feat for "Brew Potions"?
Also, being a spontaneous divine caster Daeran does not have access to the full list of spells. Does it not hinder him as a potion brewer?

Longes

Augur
Can someone tell me if this is normal : I can not use more than one Beast Tamer special ability "Summon Nature's Ally"(regardless of the level). I tested with two Beast tamer and one's sommoning despawn the other's summon. Is it a bug, an oversight or a poor game design choice ?(summons can be good I suppose but they are not overpowered as far as I know)

I need to know, I dont want to keep any hope for a fix if none is coming.:|
It's literally in the ability description - only one summon at a time.
vGculb0.png

Whom of the companions do you use to brew potions?
Sosiel, Daeran, or Cleric/Druid Lann. Divine potions > arcane potions.
Daeran does not have the feat from the start, and I think Oracle is not very feat rich class. Did you dip something or did you burn a feat for "Brew Potions"?
Also, being a spontaneous divine caster Daeran does not have access to the full list of spells. Does it not hinder him as a potion brewer?
Correct on all counts. That's why I didn't actually take it on Daeran. My potion brewer was Cleric Lann. But if you don't make Lann into a cleric, your choices are taking Sosiel with you (fuck Sosiel) or burning feats on Daeran. There are no arcane casters I'd put on potion-making (maybe Woljif, but he needs his feats even more than Daeran does) - Nenio is on scroll duty, and Ember has bad spell list for potions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom