Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

Looks like a patch to remove the online thing is finally coming: https://steamdb.info/app/238750/history/
Hopefully this is true. I have been bothering them about this since June, including creating multiple support tickets.

My impression was they wanted to sweep the whole thing under the rug and wait it out until everyone forgets abouth this game existence (which would not be long). This is why I came here to ask Codexers who own MMXL (and care enough about it) to create their own support tickets with issue description like "unable progress to Act 2" or "how to progress to act 2?" or "how to acess my DLC content?" to show Ubisoft that they won't have it that easy.

Ubisoft support page is pretty borked and you have to use a specific "issue path" to even be able to create a support ticket. Otherwise it redirects you to chat (which is not available outside business hours).

This is the path:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/contact

siSmRSg.png

This way you get acces to "submit your case" button.

AVXFjob.png

They will respond very fast, with something inconsequential, because then the ticket wil be automatically closed four days after their response... Unless you respond too.

tQkyypO.png

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I would've gladly written a ticket, but unfortunately it has been a very long time since I used my Ubisoft account. Tried to recover it but apparently they don't have an automated system for these kind of things. Have to contact them via chat that is only active during the week days. The fuck? Guess it'll have to wait until Monday.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Our teams spent the last few months

It took 6 months for their "teams" to remove a simple DRM check.

I guess the "teams" means two interns in a basement, their dachshung Gaston and an old janitor motivating them with stories about de Gaulle.
Not to mention that they are lying in their statement. They only removed the game from sale after people started asking why it does not work correctly anymore. Before that they were clueless or didn't care that closing down servers will turn the game into a demo of itself.

Also "giving out DLC for free" means "we don't have any means to authenticate DLC any more so we guess you can have it".

Anyway, I am still glad the game (presumably) works now. I guess I can close my support ticket now. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, my game is still broken (validated, re-downloaded, etc.). No DLC too. Back to support it is...

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
EDIT: Nevermind, my game is still broken (validated, re-downloaded, etc.). No DLC too. Back to support it is...
Let us know how this shakes out. Seeing this in the news had made me want to re-play (and finish) MMX.
Me too but now Mico makes me uncertain. IIRC it takes a few hours to get to that point where the game makes the DRM check, I don't wanna waste time on that BS.

(Altho I guess I could get to that point, see if it's fixed and if not pirate the game and copy the save file over.)

m_s0

Arcane
Our teams spent the last few months

It took 6 months for their "teams" to remove a simple DRM check.

I guess the "teams" means two interns in a basement, their dachshung Gaston and an old janitor motivating them with stories about de Gaulle.
I'm amazed they responded at all. It's MMX we're talking about here - there's a total of 10 people who know of the game, and maybe 3 tops of those 10 that care at all. The cost of manpower to issue a statement in the form of a jpg at Ubisoft probably matches the development budget for MMX once we include the chain of approval for said jpg, and all that.

This should be standard practice, though: you stop supporting the game, you nocd it, along with all the DLC developed for it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm amazed they responded at all. It's MMX we're talking about here - there's a total of 10 people who know of the game, and maybe 3 tops of those 10 that care at all.

The game is obviously niche but I reckon not as much as we think. It's a Ubi game for one, with all their high-profile status, plus there are still a lot of 30+ yo neckbeards with fond memories of MM.

But yeah, seconding the rest.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Support suggested to me uninstall both the game and their launcher completely, delete cache folders and reinstall, so I did that, and... Nothing. DLC still shows as not reedemed and my save made at the end of act 1 does not allow me to progress.

My working theory is that they only patched the basic version and forgot about the deluxe version (which I own, since it was a redeemed box key).

You can verify if your version works without going all the way through Act 1, just check if you can see DLC as owned/redeemed in the game menu -> Extras.

kPtUyJV.jpg

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Ubisoft is pretty smart. They knew journalists would publish their press release announcing the game was fixed without ever testing the game to confirm it.

m_s0

Arcane
I'm amazed they responded at all. It's MMX we're talking about here - there's a total of 10 people who know of the game, and maybe 3 tops of those 10 that care at all.

The game is obviously niche but I reckon not as much as we think. It's a Ubi game for one, with all their high-profile status, plus there are still a lot of 30+ yo neckbeards with fond memories of MM.

But yeah, seconding the rest.
Didn't it sell so poorly it killed any chances for continuing even this particular relatively low budget iteration?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I just wish that the Ubiturd dependency was removed completely.
Honestly at this point Ubisoft could just give the game to GOG and provide current owners (that care enough) with keys to redeem it there. It would be both easier for them and most beneficial to everyone.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Didn't it sell so poorly it killed any chances for continuing even this particular relatively low budget iteration?

I think they did say something like "sales not up to expectations", the usual.

Hard to say. Maybe the sales were shit. But maybe they expected to sell a million copies like the first LoG did and mere a few hundred thousand were "a disappointment". I for one think it was an insane miracle that something like that was financed by Ubi in the first place. Lightning doesn't strike twice I guess.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I'd assume being tied to Uplay also resulted in fewer sales since not all 30+ yo neckbeards can be arsed to install yet another launcher.

That and regular news of Uplay getting hacked.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Got mine to work. Had to redeem the key that Steam gave me when first starting the game, for the Deluxe version. Did a clean new install and this time UConnect didn't install anything, just asked for the key. I pasted it there and the game works fine, DLC is active. Hope that helps u guys.

m_s0

Arcane
I for one think it was an insane miracle that something like that was financed by Ubi in the first place. Lightning doesn't strike twice I guess.
On this we agree. RIP M&M.

(though we all know it's burning in some f2p mobile hell and, as such, will never know peace)

I believe Pirou has stated that the game was profitable and sold in-line with their internal expectations, but that the management thinking at Ubisoft had already shifted away from profitable low/middle-budget projects because they weren’t as impressive to shareholders (even though they are actually much less risky and tend to have a better ROI percentage).

lycanwarrior

Scholar
I believe Pirou has stated that the game was profitable and sold in-line with their internal expectations, but that the management thinking at Ubisoft had already shifted away from profitable low/middle-budget projects because they weren’t as impressive to shareholders (even though they are actually much less risky and tend to have a better ROI percentage).

The "blockbuster" mentality that Sony seems to be pursuing nowadays.

In one of their financial calls, Ubisoft indicated they would be pursuing AA projects in addition to F2P games. We'll see I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom