Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cyberpunkyellow2.jpg

Felt something was missing from their PR statement...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
To get an idea of the kind of LoD downgrade we are talking about, check these screenshots. Two steps forward, at this distance from it, make this kind of difference in the intensity of the dumpsterfire, no pun intended:

They really put the "ultra" in Ultra settings, just not in the direction we normally expect.

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
I don’t understand this tweet. Isn’t the game already out on the latest consoles? What is being delayed exactly?

The current build is based on the last gen systems (PS4/XB1).

The next gen upgrade will be more optimized and take advantage of the PS5/XSX systems/features.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
To get an idea of the kind of LoD downgrade we are talking about, check these screenshots. Two steps forward, at this distance from it, make this kind of difference in the intensity of the dumpsterfire, no pun intended:

They really put the "ultra" in Ultra settings, just not in the direction we normally expect.
This spot was like this since 1.0 something fucked up with the culling because other barrel fires in the city stay lit at much longer distance even on 1.31

Diggfinger

Arcane
Has anybody played around with the Full Game Rebalance mod? By description, it looks like it fixes a lot of the jank in the bread and butter combat and character building (e.g. crits don't go through the roof, etc.)

I can see the game being more like what it should have been, with the combination of a decent rebalance/overhaul mod and the Immersive Roleplay mod.

Im playing with the Game Balance mod right now. Doing a pistol and mantis blade buil.
Too early to really say how impacful it is, obviously (many) perks are still wayy too weak to be impactful and the interfaces remain messy.

But its cool playing it again, will check that other mod you mention too

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anybody played around with the Full Game Rebalance mod? By description, it looks like it fixes a lot of the jank in the bread and butter combat and character building (e.g. crits don't go through the roof, etc.)

I can see the game being more like what it should have been, with the combination of a decent rebalance/overhaul mod and the Immersive Roleplay mod.

Im playing with the Game Balance mod right now. Doing a pistol and mantis blade buil.
Too early to really say how impacful it is, obviously (many) perks are still wayy too weak to be impactful and the interfaces remain messy.

I just finished the "Disaterpiece" quest, and I can say the full rebalance mod is quite good. It's worth having at the start of every playthrough, even if I have to turn the difficulty down during scripted chases so I don't get killed.

One thing I can't find a definitive answer on is if there is any possibility of upgrading weapons through the crafting/upgrade interface. But other than that, the rebalance moves the shooting combat difficulty level from "it's the same as if you are using God mode" to "regular difficulty popamole". The mod really fixes the possibility to quickly overlevel enemies, so you have more consistent challenge throughout the whole city. No more "Recommended level" per city district.

There are also nice touches added such as enemies which have the break free perk, meaning you can't grab them from behind - they break free immediately, and the enemy netrunners who actually do significant debuffs on you, like crippling your movement speed. Their direct damage hacks are also more impactful because your health is rebalanced to a static number which only advances with progressing the body attribute.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
More LoD fun in 1.31. The shadow on Judy's braindance glasses disappears when you get closer to her:

It's worth documenting stuff like that because they make silent changes with patches and you don't know exactly what you're playing.

Diggfinger

Arcane

I just finished the "Disaterpiece" quest, and I can say the full rebalance mod is quite good. It's worth having at the start of every playthrough, even if I have to turn the difficulty down during scripted chases so I don't get killed.

One thing I can't find a definitive answer on is if there is any possibility of upgrading weapons through the crafting/upgrade interface. But other than that, the rebalance moves the shooting combat difficulty level from "it's the same as if you are using God mode" to "regular difficulty popamole". The mod really fixes the possibility to quickly overlevel enemies, so you have more consistent challenge throughout the whole city. No more "Recommended level" per city district.

There are also nice touches added such as enemies which have the break free perk, meaning you can't grab them from behind - they break free immediately, and the enemy netrunners who actually do significant debuffs on you, like crippling your movement speed. Their direct damage hacks are also more impactful because your health is rebalanced to a static number which only advances with progressing the body attribute.

Difficulty DOWN!?

Im playing at Very hard. 6H in, bro
:thumbsup:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Difficulty DOWN!?

Im playing at Very hard. 6H in, bro
:thumbsup:
Good for you. Did you see that I'm talking about turning the difficulty down during scripted car chases, because there you take damage with no chance to use cover?

That aside, play at whatever difficulty suits you, it's not like you are missing any kind of tactical depth or build variety by reducing the damage done to you.

agris

Arcane
Patron
AwesomeButton ive been casually following this train wreck for a while, what’s your game here? Trying the game and feeling out the wreck yourself? Documenting the downgrade? Just curious the angle(s) your bringing to this.

AwesomeButton

Patron
AwesomeButton ive been casually following this train wreck for a while, what’s your game here? Trying the game and feeling out the wreck yourself? Documenting the downgrade? Just curious the angle(s) your bringing to this.
I never finished it last year, and I'm making another attempt now. I know it's only good as an interactive movie, and I know to stay away from most of the blue icons in order to save my strength so I can finish it this time. The rebalance mod also makes fights decently challenging at least at my skill level. But I'm also wasting less time trying to sneak now that I know it doesn't impact mission outcomes. Stealth or shooting, I just go with whichever is fastest. The mod also makes it impossible to one-shot enemies from stealth, at least for now.

AwesomeButton

Patron
This page in the Cyberpunk wiki paints a very depressing picture: https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Side+Jobs
Classifying the different stages of the same quest as separate quests is misleading. Even though one stage is a hard prerequisite for the next stage, insisting to count them as separate quests. Desperation, straw-clutching, is what this is.

Even after you combine the falsely portrayed as different sidequests to get a realistic number, the vast majority of these, with only a few exceptions, fall into the category which in GTA is called "Strangers and freaks".

Take out the multi-stage romance "side jobs" which only require pressing a button from time to time, and you can count the actual side missions on the fingers of two hands, if not less.

Bottom line - Night City is empty. And our boy Pawel is forced to give us the party line, although he knows full well what the truth is, and wouldn't be playing this game on twitch if he wasn't required to.

Vatnik Wumao
It's a real shame, really. Had it been a more lively GTA style clone, I would've returned to it after my first playthrough. As things stand though, I will at most replay it when/if the storyfag expansions come out and that's about it.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The only value I find is in watching the pre-recorded sequences of animations and voice acting for the plot-related characters. Everything is else is just wasted time on my part. I could watch this game on a youtube video with good bookmarks, and never bother installing it.

GloomFrost

Arcane
This page in the Cyberpunk wiki paints a very depressing picture: https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Side+Jobs
Classifying the different stages of the same quest as separate quests is misleading. Even though one stage is a hard prerequisite for the next stage, insisting to count them as separate quests. Desperation, straw-clutching, is what this is.

Even after you combine the falsely portrayed as different sidequests to get a realistic number, the vast majority of these, with only a few exceptions, fall into the category which in GTA is called "Strangers and freaks".

Take out the multi-stage romance "side jobs" which only require pressing a button from time to time, and you can count the actual side missions on the fingers of two hands, if not less.

Bottom line - Night City is empty. And our boy Pawel is forced to give us the party line, although he knows full well what the truth is, and wouldn't be playing this game on twitch if he wasn't required to.
Did it really take some people an entire year to understand and accept the simple fact that Cyberbug is NOT a proper open world RPG and CDPR is nothing more then a greedy lying developer? Well i guess later is always better then never.

AwesomeButton

Patron
If CDPR are legitimately wondering "How come they like this level of complexity in GTA but not in our game", then they deserve to fail. GTA has better production values and very importantly - it puts the main character in the center of the camera's viewport, which is where a main character should be and has been in the history of visual media. This way you put this character's development in the center of the story, and in the center of the audience's attention. If someone is ignorant of that principle, wilfully or no, then he deserves to fail.

Wesp5

Arcane
This way you put this character's development in the center of the story, and in the center of the audience's attention. If someone is ignorant of that principle, wilfully or no, then he deserves to fail.

I don't believe this is needed to tell a good story. The player in Bloodlines is a nobody too...

Vatnik Wumao
If CDPR are legitimately wondering "How come they like this level of complexity in GTA but not in our game", then they deserve to fail. GTA has better production values and very importantly - it puts the main character in the center of the camera's viewport, which is where a main character should be and has been in the history of visual media. This way you put this character's development in the center of the story, and in the center of the audience's attention. If someone is ignorant of that principle, wilfully or no, then he deserves to fail.

But that's where you're wrong. V isn't the main character. Keanu is. V is just the main supporting actor in Keanu's story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom