Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disciples: Liberation - "a new beginning" for the series

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1287840/view/2899746226866891453

Disciples: Liberation - Implementing community feedback

Disciples,

The road to release is an exciting one for us, and we'd like to share with you where the road is taking us.

We have appreciated the detailed and considerate feedback, constructive criticism and helpful suggestions that we received during our closed alpha and beta tests. We read and carefully evaluated all contributions shared with us. As a result, we implemented some of the suggestions from closed alpha to the beta build, there is another badge built into the release version that will arrive at release on October 21 and there will be more to come after that.

The Steam Next Fest demo of the game is now available to play, and you can take a look at Disciples: Liberation firsthand.

See below for a list of major changes we are making based on your feedback for the release version of the game:
  • [Balance] Rebalancing (Add more Gold to game)
  • [Combat] Auto resolve button for easy encounters which are not attached to quests (Conquer feature)
  • [Quality of Life] Option to speed up combat animations
  • [Units & Skills] General improvements will be made to the variety of player ‘Skills’
  • [Overall quality improvement] Additional 3D cutscenes will be added to replace those already there
Of course, this isn't the end of the road and the improvements won't stop here. Here’s a sneak peek at what will be added after the release on October 21st:
  • [Combat] Interactive objects on the battlefield such as a magical portal which can be used to summon a powerful unit
  • [Combat] Action points which have not been used will create different effects in addition to healing:
    • With 1 Blue AP left: Defend gives a bonus of +20 Initiative to the unit until the beginning of its next turn
    • With 1 Red AP left: Defend gives the Protected condition to the unit until the beginning of its next turn
    • With 1 Red AP and 1 Blue AP left: Defend gives both the Protected condition and a bonus of +20 Initiative to the unit until the beginning of its next turn
    • With 1 Gold AP left: Defend gives both the Protected condition and a bonus of +20 Initiative to the unit until the beginning of its next turn
    • The Protected condition is removed upon receiving a hit but the +20 Initiative remains until the unit acts again the next round

• [Combat] More global battlefield effects a la Thunderstorm
  • [Quality of Life] Add Drag & Drop for mouse
  • [Units] Option to directly train/ recruit units on maximum level.
As you might be interested what happened so far, see below for a list of major changes that were already added according to your feedback from the closed alpha:
  • [Quality Improvement] Added Tutorials to the beginning of the campaign
  • [Combat] Added tiles on the battle map with several different effects (like healing) to battlefield variety
  • [Combat] Added Thunderstorm as a global battlefield modifier to improve variety
  • [Usability]Added quick access to menus in the HUD
  • [Combat] Removed the need to guard resource spawns to avoid constant backtracking
  • [Quality Improvement] Added full voice acting to all main quest lines (English)
  • [Difficulty] General balance changes. The game is now a lot more challenging
  • [Balance] Rebalanced loot distribution resulting in gear drops happening a lot less
  • [Combat] Made adjustments to the battle against Veran
  • [Story] Fixed lore and immersion related topics (units always now have a reason to join Avyanna, Naming of Elven Alliance, etc)
Thank you for your feedback and help.
We can’t wait to welcome you in Nevendaar

1000fd25d61ed43cdc780bfe744a42217bbeb027.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played the demo. There isn't really much to add. My game crashed shortly after I got to the player controlled city. I recruited a few units, and then I pressed on the map. At that point my game froze.

I can see myself playing this some day, if it is cheap and I have no backlog (lol).

Repressed Homosexual
We all know it's going to be on sale for $10 in 6 months tops. It's going to require just a little patience to play this game without wasting money if you think the changes have been too horrid.

It looks really dumbed down and badly put together, but I liked the combat honestly. It reminded me of Blackguards.

It seems this game doesn't know what it wants to be. I'm not sure combining King's Bounty with a classic strategy game will really work.

ㅤㅤㅤ

Learned
I'm not sure combining King's Bounty with a classic strategy game will really work.
Heroes of Might and Magic works fine. This does not.
We all know it's going to be on sale for $10 in 6 months tops.
Some of the biggest flops stay highly priced because too few people buy the game so they don't make any money at all if they sell it for cheap.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this Dev Diary for Disciples: Liberation, learn more about a late-game boss fight and how you’ll influence the ending of the game.

Gargaune

Magister
Infinitron's posted three videos on this page and all three of them are age-restricted, is this some severely miscalculated PR move from Kalypso's marketing department? 'Cause what I've seen of the content didn't budge my edge-o-meter. Or does even the YouTube algorithm recognise the horrible abuse the Disciples series has been subjected to?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Released:

https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/disciples-liberation-faq/

DISCIPLES: LIBERATION FAQ
Disciples-Liberation_blog-header_460x215.png

Genre Dark Fantasy Strategy RPG
Release Date 21.10.2021
18.11.2021 for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Georgia
25.11.2021 in Japan
Age Rating ESRB Rating: Mature (Violence, Blood and Gore, Suggestive Themes, Language)
PEGI 12 / USK 16
Platforms PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES X/S

Disciples: Liberation is a mature, dark fantasy strategy RPG allowing players to liberate the land of Nevendaar and uncover the endless stories hidden within a richly detailed world.

Disciples: Liberation in numbers

• 80+ hours of gameplay
  • 270+ quests and objectives
  • 5 different endings
  • 9 unique companions
  • 50+ units
  • 4 unique player classes
  • 4 in-world factions
What are the main features of Disciples: Liberation?

• 80+ hour single-player campaign: experience a dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and objectives, and 5 unique endings
  • Explore a war-torn overworld: journey through 4 diverse environments – from luscious woodlands to fiery volcanic plains and icy tundra – and unearth the secrets hidden within the land
  • Journey together: join forces with 4 in-game factions – from proud elven clans to remorseless undead hordes, each with their own motivations and gameplay incentives
  • Write your own story: pick from 4 uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to take up arms for your cause
  • Build a base: take on quests for precious resources and use political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary
  • Fight for your life: recruit 50+ units and build an army best suited to your play style whilst honing both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat
  • Challenge deadly bosses: pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy
  • Choice is everything: let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become
  • Fight your friends: put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes

Who is the main character?

Follow Avyenna – child of two worlds and yet part of none – on her dark journey that will change Nevendaar forever. Starting out as an unknown and petty mercenary, her quest will lead you through sorrow and bloodshed to gaining control of a mighty army, ready to challenge fate.

In this dark fantasy strategy RPG you follow Avyanna on her journey through a dark and war-torn world in real-time and explore a breathing, vivid world filled with magic, mystery, and political intrigue.

With your army, which can be recruited from over 50 units, you’ll fight complex turn-based battles against beastly creatures, in which only proper tactics will lead to victory.

Who is developing the game?

Frima Studio, located in Quebec City, Canada, are developing Disciples: Liberation.

On which platforms will Disciples: Liberation be released?

PC, PlayStation 4|5, XBOX ONE and XBOX SERIES X/XS.

When will Disciples: Liberation be released?

At present, the game will be launched in October 21st. For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Georgia, Disciples: Liberation will be released on November 18th.

Which engine does Disciples: Liberation use?

Disciples: Liberation is developed using the Unity Engine.

Will Disciples: Liberation include multiplayer?

 Yes. You can battle with a friend in two-player online skirmishes

Will there be a physical retail version of the game?

Boxed retail versions for Disciples: Liberation will be available on all available platforms – however, availability may depend on your location.

Will the whole map be accessible from the beginning of the game?

In Disciples: Liberation, you will unlock new areas throughout your journey through Nevendaar.

Will Disciples: Liberation feature modding support?

No, there are no plans to include modding support.

Which languages will Disciples: Liberation support?

The game will support English, Russian (Russian language version launching on Nov 18th), French and German audio and subtitles.

There will also be subtitles for Simplified Chinese, Japanese (Japanese Subtitles on Steam will be available with the launch of the Japanese version on Nov 25), French and Spanish.

How long will it take to beat the main campaign?

The main campaign will take more than 80 hours to finish, depending on a player’s skill and willingness to explore the world.

Will we be using one leader that is given to us or will we be able to pick what leader we can use?

The player follows the story of Avyanna – the protagonist of Disciples: Liberation. However it’s up to you to decide what sort of leader she will become. Shape Avyanna’s destiny and experience 1 of different endings or maybe even the additional secret ending. Influence the behavior of the factions with your decisions. During Avyanna’s journey there is also the chance of romantic encounters.

Which factions will be included in Disciples: Liberation?

Avyanna will be able to join forces with the Legion of the Damned, the Undead Hordes, the Elven Alliance and the Empire.

How many Lord Classes will there be?

As Avyanna is the game’s single protagonist, this will differ a little to previous entries. In Disciples: Liberation, you will be able to unlock up to four unique classes with different abilities. When starting the game, Avyanna is a mercenary but will gain new options and abilities as you play through.

Is there a map editor that we can use to create maps or campaigns to play with other players in multiplayer?

Currently, for Disciples: Liberation, no map editor is planned.

What happened to the Mountain Clans of Nevendaar?

The Mountain Clans (Dwarfs)

The world of Nevendaar is populated by various fascinating races including the Undead Hordes, the forces of the Empire, the Elven Alliance and the Legion of the Damned which all have their appearances in Disciples: Liberation

But what happened to the Mountain Clans, you might ask now? We would like to go into more detail about where the mountain clans have gone.

The mountain clans are not part of Disciples: Liberation, and we want to give you some insights on this decision and we’d like to elaborate how the team for Disciples: Liberation has interpreted the past events.

To cut a long story short, the current whereabouts of the dwarves – or whether any exist at all – is unknown. All that is left of them – at least this is what it currently seems – are the bones in old dwarven ruins.

After Wotan was murdered by Mortis, the dwarves fought for their lives. One by one they fell and their remains were awakened to fight alongside Mortis. She corrupted their flesh and turned them into bone golems and other, even more hideous forms.

But as is evident in the region of Wotan’s tomb, Wotan’s essence lives on. Nevendaar is only one plane of many, and an image of Wotan remains at least in the Urdva – the Plane of Slights.

So, if the god could avoid true and final death, why not his people?

Although most believe that the dwarven clans are extinct, there are rumours. The dwarves have locked the gates to the smaller fortresses, but some say dilapidated, broken gates have been found within. Without being bound by their allegiance to a savage and unpredictable god, they may have used these gates to escape. To the north, beyond the barbarian lands, they would be safe. They could live in seclusion, at peace, free from the whims of the lesser gods.

Some even claim to have sighted dwarves on their expeditions to the north. Although anyone making such claims is usually laughed off as crazy or drunk or both.

Last edited:

TwoEdge

Scholar
I'm liking it so far, the idea that you construct your character and your army as you play the game, both through resource expenditure and the choices in how you deal with the factions appeals to me. You could end up as a gish undead commander, or a tree-hugging mage. Tactically, it's been streamlined: you get two action points of different qualities, depending on unit type, one allows you to move, one allows you to act and the third is a wildcard. If you do not spend your point you get a passive benefit depending on its type (initiative, protection, or both, and each AP reserved will heal you). You can also complement your frontline with up to three backline units, that automatically cast an ability every turn (depending on the unit), but are otherwise out of the combat. It works, but it's probably too simplified for the average codexer. The only thing I dread is how meaty the game is, the maps seem short so far, and a bit uneventful. That said, Disciples, this is not. The connection is tangential at best and all the sense of scale, the dreadful designs, the map structure, and all the visual language of the series have been thrown out the window. Do NOT get this if you're a fan.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

First time for everything lol. Just downloaded the game from the local docks and clicked the instal icon.....turned out that it was game launcher lol.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
so it's even more ded than i thought?
"Very Positive" on Steam, 2k-ish concurrent players, 150+ reviews a day into the release.

It's not like this IP or this genre is some AAA mass market sales smasher. Plus it's been always predominantly an Yuro thing (Eastern Yuro), just like other Yuro IPs like Gothic or Anno, with relatively poor familiarity in the US, let alone Japan.

It's doing p. well for what it is.

Aarwolf

Learned
As a giant Disciples whore I've pre-ordered.

This better not be another shitshow like KB2.

I feel you, also preordered it. But I have to wait with playing it, 'cause my backlog, hope major bugs will be ironed out by the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom