Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
e4m4pmesyc361.jpg
Ronda is also a decline in VA quality too.

Caim

Arcane
They still have to add the missing ninjas and Havik in 11 anyway.
I'm afraid they'll waste DLC slot for Cole Young.
who?
The main character from the 2021 Mortal Kombat movie.
There is 2021 Mortal Kombat movie? So it was not just a bad dream after i ate too much pork before going to bed?
Nope, it exists. And furthermore...

He is a descendant of Scorpion, and may or may not end up as his ancestor's successor.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Calling bs if liu kang wins vs shao kahn when he couldn’t even take on goro, let alone shang tsung in the first movie.
Actually thinking back on it, scorpions revenge was poor so shouldn’t have high hopes for this one either.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm probably just going to look up the fight scene clips on YT like a week after but I really don't think that animation style fits for MK. It just looks real awkward, especially for the women who have mightier jawlines than Batman.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I hope their next game is not Injustice 3.

In fact, why not skip Injustice entirely? The series sucks cock and I truly don't think anyone would care.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Wasn't it confirmed it's a Marvel combat game?

I always associate Marvel fighting games with Capcom so the thought of the MK developer having it is heresy. All I know is I'm about ready to take a 50 year vacation from all this superhero shit in all forms of entertainment.

Caim

Arcane
I hope their next game is not Injustice 3.

In fact, why not skip Injustice entirely? The series sucks cock and I truly don't think anyone would care.
Wasn't it confirmed it's a Marvel combat game?
Not sure what to think about a Civil War 2d fighter. Would Captain Marvel's fatalities be a mix of throwing her enemies into an extradimensional Gitmo, or into space and listening to them pop?

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron

4 hour long vid but if you were as disappointed with mk11 as i was, very cathartic.

Just realised i own a version of every mk game, except XI. It was on sale a few days ago for pretty cheap but the thought of having to grind shitty towers like a 2nd job or being tempted by microtransactions because fuck i really want a particular costume but its only on rotation once every 2 years so i need to buy it with real money now or lose it forever is just too off putting.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Are more games trying to lean towards microtransactions? Hell, I see offline games now with DLC that is like bonus cheat items or gamebreaking gear for beginners. Maybe it doesn't matter later on. Same games have like 20 costume DLCs.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Ultra decline.

Smash Bros and all its ilk are pure shit to fighting game fans. Even the people paid to shill it can barely stomach that garbage.

Generic-Giant-Spider

What are the best fighting games right now, new or old? 2d or otherwise.

KOF 98 Ultimate Match on Steam has a beta going on right now for rollback netcode and it is among one of my favorite fighting games of all time. Other classic old fighting games you need to Fightcade set up for to find cheating Brazilians that suspiciously lag whenever you're on the third round of a close match. My other personal favorites are Capcom vs. SNK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, SF Alpha 3, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, Ultimate MK3.

Guilty Gear Strive is pretty fun for a modern game though it pisses me off like no other. It's not difficult to get into though it may be full of no-life killers now that the initial hype wave has worn off, but I'd assume you could still be matched with players of your skill level.

If you just want to play offline, then the NRS games like MK11 and Injustice 2 will pretty much be the most bang for your dollar. The NRS games tend to have people always playing online but I like you Anvi so I'm not going to tell you to play them online. Soul Calibur 6 is pretty decent as well.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is this a game?
SPIDER FIGHTERS
Fighting_spiders.jpg

Well this is...
header.jpg

But I want to see biting and spider wrestling trying to not fall. It'd be a damn good game.
Web of doom
The Rolling pencil
Waterspout Sprawl Brawl
Antlion Desert Of Desserts
Don't wake the sleeping Giant (human)
Bike ride on Bill's Hat (don't get in his face)

All excellent spider fighting battlegrounds. Will bill crash as two wrestling fighting spiders brawl to the death? Will he accidentally inhale one or bother? Will you bite his hand?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom