Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interplay updating their old games

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
:necro:

deusvult.png

Last edited:

Don Peste

Arcane
You Want It, You Got It

Languages, Compatibility, & More!

We've released a new update today for Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader which improves compatibility and adds support for multiple languages.

Changelog

- Added pre-order bonus quest to game
- Added French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Polish text localizations
- Added wrapper to improve compatibility with modern systems (special thanks to Aqrit)
- Added Steam Cloud support

The game language can be changed by opening Lionheart’s properties in your Steam Library and navigating to the Languages tab. Further instructions have been included in the install directory.

For any support enquiries we encourage players to contact Interplay support at customerservice@interplay.com.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Ah ha ha, What in the world?

Black Isle trying to make a comeback as a brand it appears with any license it still has, Did Hervé Caen sell the rights to someone that actually cares? or did he realize 17 years too late what his best studio was.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did anybody in this forum remember/know that Lionheart had a "pre-order bonus quest"? It reminds me of those bonus merchants from BG2.

Elex

Arbiter
I tried playing it like 5 times since release. Never had the willpower of complete it.
Some easy to play build that can ignore the retarded itemization?

jungl

Augur
game is a very boring slog after a certain point. Playing a mage will be tedious for the ENTIRE game you will be looking out for mana balls. I can't remember but I think bows was the easiest playstyle.

The story is a mess and I absolutely forgot what it was about something nostradomus something evil mage. The biggest wasted opportunity in the game is the narrative and setting they had.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Interesting, wasn't this hated by just about everyone at the time? I vaguely remember seeing it treated that way. Seems a shame considering it shares a lot with the original Fallout games.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Interesting, wasn't this hated by just about everyone at the time?
Everything until leaving Barcelona was great, amazing even (to my teenage brain). After leaving Barcelona, however... I remember wanting it to become as good as in Barcelona and remember fighting endless naga/snakepeople in a cave when I quit.

Saduj

Arcane
I played GOG version years ago and there was no TB option.

I can't remember but I think bows was the easiest playstyle.

Before I played, I read a guide online that said if you don't play as an archer, it will be extremely difficult to finish the game. I ignored this and made a melee character. Game was very easy. Then I got to a level that combined "teh floor turns into lava LOL" with powerful ranged enemies standing on platforms. An archer could have run up on one platform and killed everyone in the room. A melee character can run up on one platform, kill one shooter and then get shot to death waiting for the floor to change back. :D

Vatnik Wumao
I managed to complete the final level using a melee character after umpteen tries. It's difficult, not impossible. And frankly not worth the payoff.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Weird, I was just yesterday looking into whether or not the resurrected Interplay was actually doing anything these days. The beginning of the game alone is worth playing and the setting is awesome, I remember first hearing about this and thinking "A semi-historical medieval crusaders game using the Fallout system?!" and almost crying from excitement. One of the first of many of life's cruel disappointments.

Spukrian

Savant
Did anybody in this forum remember/know that Lionheart had a "pre-order bonus quest"? It reminds me of those bonus merchants from BG2.
Yes, I remember... I think I do at least. IIRC if you didn't have the preorder quest, you could still enable it, by either downloading something or just editing an .ini (sort of like FOTactics).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom