Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Why do you people even produce those threads and keep moaning, being outraged and being saddened by the state of things? You've been at this for a long long time. Why do you even harbor any hope that any modern game will have the sort of writing you expect?

Kingmaker wasn't that bad beyond the usual negro and stronk womyn tax and """people""" (rusgob shills) preached that it was all the fault of Paizo and Owlcat are really based Russians who were just FORCED to have blacks and stronk wahmen.
Then we got Wrath and it turns out this is what they wanted to do from the beginning, no Paizo needed.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Strong women were not that bad in Kingmaker. Valery had only some excesses. It would feel far better when she'd turn into hellknight. Barbarian woman felt fine. King was a chief, and she did barbarian stuff she enjoyed it.

The Black Ranger with a DOG was... Let's count his attributes and well, he was not only min maxed, his attributes were OP. Like someone tried to solve his inferiority complex. (If that was a black developer that might be explainable, but owlcat was under no obligation of keeping him black/in game at all.) I don't have Paizo source materials, thus I can't look at his stats (if he's in Paizo materials and wasn't owlcat only).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
There was no reason for Ekun to be black at all but that's another issue altogether with Pathfinder: Nationality pretty much doesn't matter. There are no cultural attitudes that differentiate him from the rest of the group.

As I said, there's a certain diversity tax in games these days. You can't get around it. But Owlcat went above and beyond it by adding a Literal Black Homosexual in Wrath. Does his ethnicity have any impact on his character? No. Does his sexuality? No. That's just one character. You got homo NPCs and even homo demons on top.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Race and sex don't matter to outsiders

That depends on the outsider. Succubus and Inccubus for eg has clearly defined genre. Before anything, succubus being able to become inccubus at will is a 5E degeneration. On Mechanus, most outsiders doesn't have a genre, they are like "robbots".

Codex Year of the Donut
maybe the real cringe was the fanbase all along
The real cringe is coming from the devs.

It really bears repeating:
We now have vatniks that otherwise hate tranners and homos defending a game full of tranners and homos simply because it was made by Russians.
It was blatantly apparent the eastern yuro posters would defend anything eastern yuro -- no matter how awful it is -- when the non-RPG disco communism released.

Wunderbar

Arcane

We now have vatniks that otherwise hate tranners and homos defending a game full of tranners and homos simply because it was made by Russians.
It was blatantly apparent the eastern yuro posters would defend anything eastern yuro -- no matter how awful it is -- when the non-RPG disco communism released.
Disco was from Central Yurop though.

Heinrich

Scholar

Disco was from Central Yurop though.
I am willing to tolerate Poland and the Magyars in the Mitteleuropa club but pretending that Reval is anywhere close to central is taking the piss.

Last edited:

Mitleser2020

Scholar
Well, this thread convinced me to wait until WotR is cheap (25%> of the current price).

There was no reason for Ekun to be black at all but that's another issue altogether with Pathfinder: Nationality pretty much doesn't matter. There are no cultural attitudes that differentiate him from the rest of the group.

As I said, there's a certain diversity tax in games these days. You can't get around it. But Owlcat went above and beyond it by adding a Literal Black Homosexual in Wrath. Does his ethnicity have any impact on his character? No. Does his sexuality? No. That's just one character. You got homo NPCs and even homo demons on top.

How bad is it? Is it possible to be more or less consistently hostile to degenerates like the gay negro without being punished by the game?

Sunri

Liturgist
Well, this thread convinced me to wait until WotR is cheap (25%> of the current price).

How bad is it? Is it possible to be more or less consistently hostile to degenerates like the gay negro without being punished by the game?

I mean if he's talking about black gay companion Sosiel never mentioned his sexuality in my playthrough so i wouldn't ever know about him being gay if it wasn't for lunatics here same with Anevia you really need to dig if you want to find those gay/trans dialogues.

Codex Year of the Donut

I mean if he's talking about black gay companion Sosiel never mentioned his sexuality in my playthrough so i wouldn't ever know about him being gay if it wasn't for lunatics here same with Anevia you really need to dig if you want to find those gay/trans dialogues.
I have to admit, the faggotry the devs evidently expect some players to indulge in with Sosiel made me feel quite queasy. I've been invited to do gay flirtation in just about every conversation with him.

Which is quite annoying for someone who's OCD about clicking every dialogue option that's not grey :)

If they want to have an option for gay flirtation, they should have it initiated from the NPC's side, or have some sort of neutral interaction option that flags interest short of "I want you to paint me in the nude, you sexy black hunk of a man you."

Again, the activist idea is to normalize that stuff, to make it all seem like we're on the verge of gay luxury space Communism with puppies and rainbows - but it's not normal, it's not what most players are going to be interested in, and gay luxury space Communism can go fuck itself.

Sunri

Liturgist

I have to admit, the faggotry the devs evidently expect some players to indulge in with Sosiel made me feel quite queasy. I've been invited to do gay flirtation in just about every conversation with him.

Which is quite annoying for someone who's OCD about clicking every dialogue option that's not grey :)

If they want to have an option for gay flirtation, they should have it initiated from the NPC's side, or have some sort of neutral interaction option that flags interest short of "I want you to paint me in the nude, you sexy black hunk of a man you."

Again, the activist idea is to normalize that stuff, to make it all seem like we're on the verge of gay luxury space Communism with puppies and rainbows - but it's not normal, it's not what most players are going to be interested in, and gay luxury space Communism can go fuck itself.

I played female character and from what I read you need to trigger some flags to initiate romance with companions

Mitleser2020

Scholar

So the lesson is to be careful and not act like a completionist or else indoctrination will turn you gay?

How did the Chinese get compliance from the American POWS? These men were trained to provide only name, rank, serial number. Short of torture, how could the captors hope to get such men to give military information, turn in fellow prisoners, or publicly denounce their country?

The Chinese answer was to start small and build. Prisoners were asked to make statements so mildly anti-American or pro-Communist as to seem inconsequential "The United States is not perfect." "In a Communist country, unemployment is not a problem."
Once they complied with these minor requests, the men were pushed to submit to more substantive ones. A man who had agreed that the United States is not perfect might be asked provide examples. He might then be asked to make a list of "problems with America" and sign his name

Later, he might be asked to read his list in a discussion group with other prisoners. “After all, it’s what you really believe, isn’t it?” Still later he might be asked to write an essay expanding on his list and discussing these problems in greater detail
The Chinese might then use his name and his essay in an anti-American radio broadcast beamed not only to the entire camp, but to other POW camps in North Korea, as well as to American forces in South Korea.

Suddenly he would find himself a "collaborator." Aware that he had written the essay without any threats or coercion, a man would change his image of himself to be consistent with the deed and with the new collaborator label, resulting in more extensive acts of collaboration
https://mobile.twitter.com/0x49fa98/status/1272180685776850944

Alex

Arcane
1634888236516.png

She is a crazy chaotic evil bitch. Makes sense for her character.

A Dragon Children from Elysium, what do you expect? A Edgelord?

On both accounts, I expected something that wouldn't make me not want to play this game. It is pretty simple. It doesn't matter if the internal logic of your game would make it so it makes sense for a character to be a horny weirdo that spews cringe in dialogue; it is your job as the one making the game to not have that internal logic in your game in first place. It doesn't matter if the internal logic would dictate the purple dragon thingy would begin to talk about bringing cookies for everyone; unless you are purposefully making a game for smaller kids (which can be quite fun), don't have such internal logic in first place. And please, if you are going to ignore such basic design direction, then at least don't have both of these characters in the same game.

Race and sex don't matter to outsiders

That depends on the outsider. Succubus and Inccubus for eg has clearly defined genre. Before anything, succubus being able to become inccubus at will is a 5E degeneration.(snip...)

Actually, that is what real succubuses do.

Last edited:

Alex

Arcane
real succubuses
:deathclaw:
This is WotR cringe compilation thread, not general cringe compilation.

The existence of Succubi demons is not really something certain, to be sure. But whether they are real or not, the point is that the legend of them, in real life, already included that element. The reason for it is rather interesting too! Demons, being immaterial beings, don't really have any need or desire to have sex. In fact, given how much they hate us, the whole thing is probably rather repulsive for them. A demon doesn't have a body, but some can create a facsimile of it, so it is not like this is intimacy for them, but it is still demeaning for them to use their abilities to imitate an animal. At any rate, while they might be capable of making facsimiles of bodies, they don't have a human, or even an animal nature. As such, they are incapable of reproduction. The point changing between succubi and incubi then is that, as a female, the demon could steal the gametes of a men to use it to impregnate a woman.

jackofshadows

Magister
The existence of Succubi demons is not really something certain, to be sure. But whether they are real or not, the point is that the legend of them, in real life, already included that element. The reason for it is rather interesting too! Demons, being immaterial beings, don't really have any need or desire to have sex. In fact, given how much they hate us, the whole thing is probably rather repulsive for them. A demon doesn't have a body, but some can create a facsimile of it, so it is not like this is intimacy for them, but it is still demeaning for them to use their abilities to imitate an animal. At any rate, while they might be capable of making facsimiles of bodies, they don't have a human, or even an animal nature. As such, they are incapable of reproduction. The point changing between succubi and incubi then is that, as a female, the demon could steal the gametes of a men to use it to impregnate a woman.
Apparantely you aren't denying existence of demons in general, which is, well, insane enough to me. But speaking of legends - yeah, it's far more appealing approach to portray demons as some unfathomable, alien beings rather than how it was done in the setting of WotR where they're mostly quite human-like. What's more, even any fourth-wall breaking jokes and agenda pushing aside, the "base line" of it is some kind of heavily "the usual" biblical influenced fantasy world but now which had been through some seeeerious woke revision with all that misogynistic hell and other hilarious/sad shit.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

So the lesson is to be careful and not act like a completionist or else indoctrination will turn you gay?

Indoctrination only works on the weak-minded, otherwise it's just an annoyance, like a preacher preaching loudly and incessantly on the same street corner day in and day out.

Alex

Arcane

Indoctrination only works on the weak-minded, otherwise it's just an annoyance, like a preacher preaching loudly and incessantly on the same street corner day in and day out.

Only for a very bad definition of "weak-minded". Most people today who receive a good education are thoroughly indoctrinated into accepting materialism; either softly (that is, as what "de facto" determines how the world works) or hardly (there can be nothing that is not described by physics).

Shadenuat

Arcane
In the end it's not the furies or plot holes that broke people, but a mention of a Cookie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom