Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
:oops::oops::oops:

20211024180329-1.jpg

She has cute moments.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
YOU VOTED FOR THIS! Could've been ratfolk!
Oh no i like Kitsunes. I just hate that Nenio's the most relevant one and doesn't care about it. Compared to Woljif that talks alot about being Tiefling so you have plenty of conversation and reactivity towards the race while Kitsune you barely have any because Nenino sadly exist.

Aarwolf

Learned
You encounter like what, two kitsunes in a whole game? One is autistic pseudoscientist, the second infurating Mendevian diplomatic doormat. If you play Azata, you can encounter the third one in demon town, but I really can't remember her at all.

If I was invested in kitsunes, I would be salty about the lack of kitsune content, but I am not and I am rather grateful that Owlcats did this much of them.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorin's autism in regards to crusading units A.K.A. highest damaging units on the crusade map:
EDIT: Recruitable! This does not include mercs/all available units.
Ranged:
1. Marksmen
2. Bandits
3. Headhunters

Addendum: Headhunters will retaliate ranged attacks.
Melee, low mobility:
Champions

The rest don't come even close.
Melee, high mobility:
1. Hedge Knights
2. Paladins
Notable units:
Sorcerers get a fire based spell. In low numbers they're trash, but once they pass the 200 mark, they're basically a free spell.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
Just killed Queen Galfrey and Irabeth when I had both Seelah and Sosiel in party and nothing feels surreal that paladin helps demon lord kill chosen of her goddess and nothing happens a can give Sosiel a pass after all he is already corrupted but Seelah feels like she outside the story kinda immersion breaking.

volklore

Arcane
Any trickster savvy people know how dispel feats interract with trickster trickery dispels ? Both with dispel synergy and destructive dispel.
Tricster seems to have the best dispell ability in the game, even at -20 (rank 2) seeing it's pretty easy to get trickery to the high 40s low 50s early on. Seems like it should work with dispel synergy at least. But what about destructive dispel? What's the DC of the fort save in this case and does it even trigger the feat in the first place ?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Any trickster savvy people know how dispel feats interract with trickster trickery dispels ? Both with dispel synergy and destructive dispel.
Tricster seems to have the best dispell ability in the game, even at -20 (rank 2) seeing it's pretty easy to get trickery to the high 40s low 50s early on. Seems like it should work with dispel synergy at least. But what about destructive dispel? What's the DC of the fort save in this case and does it even trigger the feat in the first place ?

Not sure about dispel synergy but destructive dispel didn't even work with the normal dispel spell last time I checked. I suspect it will take a while to get fixed since so few people use the dispel feats.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If I was invested in kitsunes, I would be salty about the lack of kitsune content, but I am not and I am rather grateful that Owlcats did this much of them.
And that would be true for any furry race, be it foxes, cats or rats. They are flavours, a nice addition to the setting - nothing more. There are too few of them on Golarion, after all. Voting for Kitsune I understood that very well.

However, Seelah (or was it Irabeth?) once helped a family of ratfolk.

Now, if Owlcat Games make a game based on the adventure path in Tian Xia - that would be another matter.

Mauman

Learned
I know this seems like a wild concept, but stay with me, okay? Some people out there... get this: like. To play. RPGs.

Out of this world. I know. But yeah. They do exist.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this game (even with it's issues), but TWELVE?!

That's....something.

I admit I'm impressed (and a little bit disturbed).

You encounter like what, two kitsunes in a whole game? One is autistic pseudoscientist, the second infurating Mendevian diplomatic doormat. If you play Azata, you can encounter the third one in demon town, but I really can't remember her at all.

I find it hilarious that 2 of the most hated characters in the game are Kitsune considering how few there are. It's almost like Owlcat purposely trolled all of the furries. Probably not the case though.

Sunri

Liturgist
Heh I'm done demon path I did everything to fuck up as many things as possible and the ending slides still were quite weak it seems that some companions are really protected from your actions, and you can't really affect them except Ember Ember got fucked lol overall I can't recommend demon path there were like five epic moment during whole campaign and first three chapters are literally empty also I couldn't survive Areelu second phase (No idea what was happening just aoe spam that was killing my team) if i didn't pass the skillcheck to make her surrender i don't think would finish this run
Some spoilers below
This was crazy I didn't expect option to kill almost everyone
Zn6WMF6.png

80wykbP.png

UEn1tzB.png

VqPOhRD.png

UWdpXnx.png

NfmtNfl.png
Some more interesting ending slides
Literally too angry to die
eNuIDFJ.png

IFRwuwA.png

Companions
mpfDV76.png

SqDve1v.png

3cFkJb4.png

6wmQn6W.png

rCmAQ7Q.png

I expected more but meh

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
by secret ending.)...or you can get 74 dc on spells...

I was thinking the upper limit somewhere around 50. There must be some insane items in this game. Tell me more. Is it possible to learn this power?

20 Overwhelming Mage, 16 Vivisectionist, 2 Paladin, 1 Scaled fist, 1 Enlightened Philosopher, legend path

Start kindred raised so you can start with 22 cha, you'll want to max out your cha as much as possible with cognatogen and profane ascension from Nocticula and conflagrent taco from Iz. You can't have profane ascension AND legend until you're in the final dungeon, also she gives you a +8 cha headband in the final dungeon so that's 74 dc, 70 in act 4. Max cha I've gotten is a +26 mod so that's +26 dc in act 6.

You'll also need to use the expanded illusion exploit, take spell focus and greater spell focus in every school except the school you wish to use, then use expanded arsenal into the school you want as your 1 and only mythic feat. That gives +14 dc

Base: 10
Cha: +26
Expanded arsenal: +14
Spell level: +9
Magicians ring: +2 (you get 2 of these from crusade battles, there's also 1 in a map with no quests.)
Quarterstaff of the war mage: +2 (ivory labyrinth loot)
Glass amulet of clarity: +2 (Gift from Vellexia.)
Robe of determination: +2 (I forget where i found it sorry :<)
Demongraft: +2 (From the doctor in battlebliss)
Overwhelming spell: +3
School power illusion: +2

74, without expanded arsenal exploit it's 63. Reason there's scaled fish, enlightened philosopher, and paladin is to get cha to ac and saves. Scaled fist + enlightened philosopher + paladin smite ac all add up so you can get 3x cha to ac, which means 78 ac from cha alone. If you choose the evil option in Daerans final quest you can get a permanent version of the paladins deflection ac cha bonus so there's no need to use smite for it too. Should be well over 100 ac lategame with buffs and spamming 74 dc weird. Nature oracle replaces dex to ac with cha to ac so just dump dex.

The cha is 22 base, +8 cognatogen, + 10 from asis, +4 legend, +6 profane ascension, +8 headband, +4 taco from Iz = 62 (26 mod)

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Just killed Queen Galfrey and Irabeth when I had both Seelah and Sosiel in party and nothing feels surreal that paladin helps demon lord kill chosen of her goddess and nothing happens a can give Sosiel a pass after all he is already corrupted but Seelah feels like she outside the story kinda immersion breaking.

Almost like its a bad game, no?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

20211024180329-1.jpg

She has cute moments.

In my playthrough, that disgusting little sl*t is no longer of this world unfortunately during Act 4 :(

Won't spoiler but her romance is not that bad, imho it was the best one between hers and the succubus, untill at least Act V.
It has an actual reward that is useful also (but I don't know if you can get if you don't romance her). I wonder if you romance Lann you can get the same reward Daidre

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
How you guys already did 12+ playthrough wtf. I am around 140+ hours still in my first, game just came out 1 month and a half ago.

I have over 216 hours into the game and I am still only in my first playthrough. Took me over 300 hours to complete Kingmaker.

Man I just forever to complete these RPGs lol. Although I do take my time and usually try to do all the quests, so that's most likely the reason for me.

Maybe that poster only does the main story quests.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

20211024180329-1.jpg

She has cute moments.

In my playthrough, that disgusting little sl*t is no longer of this world unfortunately during Act 4 :(

Won't spoiler but her romance is not that bad, imho it was the best one between hers and the succubus, untill at least Act V.
It has an actual reward that is useful also (but I don't know if you can get if you don't romance her). I wonder if you romance Lann you can get the same reward Daidre

Don't remember the option to romance her, probably have to play as an evil character.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It has an actual reward that is useful also. I wonder if you romance Lann you can get the same reward Daidre
Sorry, I am not marrying Lann to find out. He is not my type... really.

...Well, maybe latter, I would need some romantic drama for my planned Aeon run and its is hard to find a better target to inflict it upon than a very principal LN Monk.

PS I had read through a lot of wotr discussions in general and I never saw any mentions of the Lann's romance-specific gifts. So I am pretty sure that a spidercat girl is unique in that one.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

20211024180329-1.jpg

She has cute moments.

Don't remember the option to romance her, probably have to play as an evil character.

Like all the all other companions, I think the romance is automatic if you fill the sex criteria and you do their quests and bring them around. So you have to actually say "no" to interrupt it.
Which is retarded because you have POZiel molesting you without having done anything or said anything.
And nah you don't have to be evil, maybe only the first choice when you pick her over Lann is (evil).
EDIT: Also I don't remember since it was 1 month and half ago if you had to something evil in the starting dungeon also.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I was thinking the upper limit somewhere around 50. There must be some insane items in this game. Tell me more. Is it possible to learn this power?

I'm nowhere near able to check, but I strongly suspect that's due to abusing the Expanded Arsenal bug (bonuses from focus feats for OTHER schools STACK!).

volklore

Arcane

It's not items, You keep 1 mythic feat as legend I think, so you can abuse the expanded arsenal bug/feature (expanded arsenal adds up all your spells focus feats in other schools to the chosen school - I say bug/feature because it works as it's worded but common sense rules otherwise) to funnel every spell focus feat into illusion. And since legend gets truckloads of feats you can take spell focus in everything. Add to that, grand cognatogen, because as legend you can take 20 levels of your spellcasting class and enough levels of alchemist to get grand mutagen for an extra 4DC worth of stats.

Add to that the legend attribute bonuses as well. But 74 DC is complete overkill for 99.9 percent of the game's content. Only Areelu and maybe deskari have saves >50 on unfair but it can be debuffed pretty easily. On hard most mobs have 20-40 (40 only for the strong saves of the absolute top end of mobs i.e mostly threshold mobs, and their weak saves are still in the 30s). And legend you'll get early act 5 so basically at the begining of the last act of the game. Most 'normal' mythic paths will also peak in strength at that point, even the weaker ones like Aeon or Demon get all of their goodies at that point (aeon and demon both get to cast as move action, which is better in my option that skyrocketing DCs to irrelevant heights). Act5 is by far the easiest act in the game because of the insane power-ups you get towards the end of act4 and into early act 5, so all of that stuff tend to be a bit irrelevant unless you solo or something.

Also Illusion is the most supported school of magic in the game because of Nenio (only second to enchantment), and there is an amulet with +2DC to mind affecting, a ring with +2DC to illusion, a Robe with +2 DC to fort save spells (most illusion spells at least target fort once), and Shield that gives of an aura buffing +2DC to mind affecting to all party members. And don't let hacks like InEffect tell you that mind-affecting suck in this game, it doesn't. Barely any big enemies are immune (main notable exception are Gallus) to it, all demon lords and Areelu are not immune, there is basically no relevant undead after act 2 (ghosts can be entirely ignored with deathward), and the big zombie demons have shit reflex

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom