Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SureAI's new project: Enderal - The Shards of Order (Mostly about Enderal SE now)

Luzur

Good Sir
Never liked the ending in Enderal, all that work and traipsing around just to get fucked either way in the end from unstoppable force. I have enough of that IRL LOL

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Jinn

Arcane
I felt like I always had plenty to do in Enderal at almost all times. Chock full of content.

I actually started Nehrim for the first time yesterday, and am surprised to report how good it's been so far. I knew it'd be at least decent, but as it stands now, I prefer the first few hours of Nehrim to Enderal, at least in terms of gameplay. Just seems more tightly designed and balanced in general so far, and I think the humanoid combat is actually better than in Enderal. Also, it has actual trainers instead of just books! In other words, it feels closer to Gothic 1 and 2 for me so far.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
There was a lot of locations and caves but no quests for them.
Not every location needs a quest.
It needs meaning,otherwise it is a waste of a good dungeon and good world.
I don't know if all all of them were tied to a sidequest. In my experience every dungeon had at least an ecosystem or a self-contained story. Some of it was told environmentally, with some skeletons, stains or items here and there.

vazha

Arcane
I felt like I always had plenty to do in Enderal at almost all times. Chock full of content.

I actually started Nehrim for the first time yesterday, and am surprised to report how good it's been so far. I knew it'd be at least decent, but as it stands now, I prefer the first few hours of Nehrim to Enderal, at least in terms of gameplay. Just seems more tightly designed and balanced in general so far, and I think the humanoid combat is actually better than in Enderal. Also, it has actual trainers instead of just books! In other words, it feels closer to Gothic 1 and 2 for me so far.
Nehrim does indeed start stronger than Enderal, but quickly falls off the cliff somewhere after the 1/4 th of the game, whereas Enderal is a solid experience throughout until maybe to the very end (and provided you don't over OP your character with max alchemy & crafting)

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No.

That it's essentially Skyrim in highly elaborate disguise just drags it down and down.
Hey, it seems I was a full retard back when I wrote that. I decided to take a plunge and play some Enderal, like, for real this time. I just arrived to Ark after some rather decent detours and oh my. It's good. Ark is hands down the best city I've seen in a game of this kind since Vivec, and truth be told I'm biased (a lot) in latter's case.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
:(

Last weekend, our teammate and close friend Katharina Liebenberger passed away after a long battle with mental illness and PTSD. Pale was a writer, a poet, and an artist. She created all the custom animations for Enderal.

In the months prior to her passing, she publicly shared a long message about her condition and provided a download link to an RPG-maker game she developed all the way back in 2011. She wrote: "If you really want to know me, play this game."
Our condolences go out to her family in this horrible time. This "Let's Play" is our attempt to honor her legacy. There are English subtitles.

Rest in peace, Pale. Wherever you are now, we hope the voices are finally silent.

„Ich stell’ dieselbe Frage, immer wieder
Sie sagen, lebe, liebe, dichte Lieder
Mich sucht dieselbe Leere, Tag für Tag
Ein Punkt im Raum, mein Schlafgemach.”
—Katharina Liebenberger, Ein Heer aus sieben Chören

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
Heard some good things about this mod...took some random screenshots from it. Quite heavily modded graphically + some gameplay mods like the enderal gameplay overhaul. Hope I enjoy it. I like that it's completely separate from skyrim and it's totally free.

DHzytRS.jpg

3LeCc3Q.jpg

7hxR6sU.jpg

pYOG0ba.jpg

Hmjz42n.jpg

H7pXJb7.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom