Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters - Grey Knights turn-based tactical RPG

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Power Armor was all over Terra at that point. Wasn't sealed, and the legs weren't powered. Pure combat for melee.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
wasnt the power armor invented so the SM could butthead with the beefy orcs or some such wetfart from the lore?

IIRC there was some lore in the past (might have been one of the Horus Heresy novels actually) that stated that it was actually bolters that were invented specifically to fight Orks (in any case it is established lore that Space Marines originally didnt use bolters, but Volkite weapons - sort of thermal blasters that are also shown in the Mechanicus game - along with assortment of other weaponry, bolters became standard issue only some time before Horus Heresy).

Beowulf

Arcane
I wouldn't stick to lore so religiously. Every time GW wants to sell new miniatures, they will not hesitate retconning the events.

Sunri

Liturgist
lore is just fluff that they change on a whim when introducing another primaris shitter that will beat chaos primarch :mixedemotions:

Renevent

Cipher
There's mention of power armor being around well before the current iteration. I can remember specifically mention of older variants being used by Thunder Warriors during the dark age of technology/age of strife (or something like that).

*edit*

It was during the unification wars:

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Thunder_Warriors

So nothing to do with Orks, and instead used by Man against mankind. And I believe there's mention of power armor as well before that from the old Techno Barbarians prior to the unification wars:

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Techno-barbarian

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This and the King Arthur game give me hope that there are still companies that can make good games. Not sure about the latest Pathfinder game, but this feels like going it's in the RPG turn based direction I was hoping we'd see after DOW2.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
wasnt the power armor invented so the SM could butthead with the beefy orcs or some such wetfart from the lore?

The whole setting is basically Gothic Europe but in space. Obviously the power armor is just a knight's full plate armor you don't need to invent stupid lore to explain why it exists.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Power Armour in WH40k was invented to give an edge to Emperor's troops over various warlords ruling the post-apoc, but pre-Imperium, Earth. It was called Thunder Armour then, and wasn't fully environmentally sealed.

Peachcurl

Cipher
My main concern is grey knights are fucking 40k’s mary sues and as such may not be very much attractive as a role playing model.

Mhm. Not sure if Mary Sue fits, but them being (virtually?) impossible to corrupt certainly removes a feature that can be extremely important for creating tension in this setting.

(Unless with "grey knights are fucking 40ks mary sues" you mean they have sex with some sort other characters that can be described as mary sues, which would be news to me as well).

razvedchiki

Erudite
they should use the faction relations system from chapter master, being buddies with the inquisition will unlock their special troops but will piss off another faction of the imperial imperium etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.frontier.co.uk/news/pre...onhunters-debuts-its-development-diary-series

Cambridge, UK – 21 October 2021. Frontier Foundry, the games label of Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV, ‘Frontier’), today released the first in a series of developer diaries for upcoming turn-based tactical RPG Warhammer 40,000®: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters, in partnership with developers Complex Games and Warhammer 40,000 creator Games Workshop®.

The first in a three-part video series, “Episode 1 - Beyond the Gate” offers players an overview on Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters’ core gameplay mechanics, presented by Creative Director Noah Decter-Jackson. Joined by Art Director Jonas Van Niekerk and Lead Designer Peter Schnabl, the Complex Games team present players with an introduction to the game’s two gameplay layers; the first, Tactical Combat, provides total control on an ever-changing battlefield, from customising and commanding your strike force on the ground, to utilising environmental obstacles and hazards. The second, Strategic Management, covers the management and repairs of the squad’s battle cruiser, ‘The Baleful Edict’, as well as overseeing the galaxy-wide battle against the Bloom.

The first developer diary touches upon some of the reasons why players should be excited to take on this challenge as the Grey Knights, from an immersive narrative penned by legendary Black Library author Aaron Dembski-Bowden, to some unique changes to the traditional turn-based genre format in order to better suit the overwhelming power and elite training regime of Space Marine Chapter 666.

Complex Games also explore the legacy of the ‘Chaos Gate’ setting, a key source of inspiration for the developers and an exciting direction for fans of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

With the first seeds of The Bloom lingering in the air, players can expect to learn more about the corrupting warp-spawn who await with the arrival of part two in our series, which lurks ominously in the shadows, awaiting the call of Nurgle.

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters will release on PC in 2022 on Steam and the Epic Games Store, published by Frontier Foundry, and is available to wishlist now.

Follow the game on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Visit the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters official website at www.chaosgate.com.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
Well, I do hope the gameplay is decent.
But it really looks like a slightly expanded mobile game. And the colour palette is atrocious.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Bloom is a cataclysmic contagion unleashed by the Choas God Nurgle. It's corruption spreads quickly warping everything it touches and it will change how your game evolves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom