Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Nostaljaded

Savant
I dig the guy casually flying on his sword.
It has been so since the 1st Sword and Fairy series in 1995.

qKVcn3c.gif

toughasnails

PC version or the OG Xbox version played on Xbox One or the new one? I'm asking bc of the aspect ratio, I know that you can run the old console version with higher internal resolution and 60 fps on Xbox One but i don't think you can force proper widescreen.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Quake

Finished the main game plus all the addons on Nightmare for the first time. Vanilla gameplay is still great, and doesn't need any changes. Once I've started playing there was these natural flow when it comes to combat. Switching weapons, avoiding projectiles, create friendly fire situations where monsters beat the shit out of each other to death. The new episodes made by Machine Head are nice, but I still prefer Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity. They are more archaic and smaller, but there are some nice ideas that are really making some very memorable maps for me. The soundtrack is still superb, when it comes to FPS genre.

I've also tried Quake 1.5 after that, but it's not for me. The colours and the guns don't work for me.

20210821173547_1e2kcs.jpg

20210822130729_13ojy5.jpg

20210822184117_1clk0q.jpg

20210822190929_1ykj6q.jpg

20210823203757_1mrkco.jpg

20210824183415_1lojhp.jpg

20210824220126_1svj4x.jpg

20210825194422_1k7jbw.jpg

20210826183422_1rojhf.jpg

20210828133704_17fk8c.jpg

20210828160244_1qvk6x.jpg

20210829140501_1ssjxz.jpg

20210829165355_1bpkjk.jpg

20210829185930_1t3jw5.jpg

20210829192755_1nokkv.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
SMT - Strange Journey Redux

So, I've read some horryfying stories about Womb of Grief. OFC they turned out to be true:

W4yLqYo.jpg

:negative:

lbuM1eY.jpg

:love:

m9ssF2C.jpg

angry-mad.gif

HQWxg6H.jpg

You mean I no longer have to face every fucking wall in every fucking dungeon?

hZ9mZmQ.gif

Atropos telling us how it is (demon fusion >>> demon negotiation):

fn3qyFu.jpg

:yeah:

Verdict: Probably the best crawler ever.

Riskbreaker

spekkio
Good lord, it was years ago and I don't recall if that was the exact dungeon, but the game goes insane with teleports and those one-way conveyer belt-like floors towards the end. It's the one crawler with automap that I ended up having to draw my own maps for in the end.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Illuminaria, a brilliant user-made map for Age of Wonders (uses Warlock's Rules)

Playing as the Hobbits I had to give up due to the cost of feeding the Hobbit troops. Usually I'm swimming in gold after a while in an XL map.
Restarted as the Highmen (Norse variant) in the opposite corner, and things are quite a bit easier.

The Orcs attacked this Independent city early in the game and lost their battering ram. For the next 30 consecutive turns they have thrown themselves at the city in classic Orcish folly, only to discover every time that they cannot breach the wall. Meanwhile a Goblin Beetle has been parked for the same 30 turns three squares away...this game could really use an AI patch.
5CGP40h.jpg

Zlaja

Arcane
The Sinking City

Heavy police presence in Australia Oakmont
iJJHjRV.jpg

Fishpeople Lives Matter
dIG36aV.jpg

This place oozes atmosphere
ttH5gRy.jpg

Not suspicious at all
ANPc2Fc.jpg

Ma'am!
8x4HWwC.jpg

Half the town is flooded
MrhSP4R.jpg

NO U!
mltvB32.jpg

Nice hat!
5VpZa7E.jpg

Shieeet!
3QLrpnf.jpg

I see what you did there.
SUMrBLd.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
More morrowind screenshots. The guards which I hired for the colony. Jump 100 for one second on self to fast travel. Hailstorm spell and my new Leviathan Axe. It only holds 9 charges but each hits deals 40 chop damage + 100 frost damage. Now that I can cast deadly snowstorns, summon forst atronach and other powerful spells, I finally can call myself a cryomancer.

The unique fire spell which I learned was from the Telvanni questline and I quickly deleted it cuz my build is a pure RP build. I know that there a lot of powerful ice resistant creatures here in Solstheim but I don't care. I play RPG to RP not to min max stuff. And BTW, I'm using way more my magic enchanted axe than my magic.

So far, the unique quest that I had trouble with that build is when 3 werewolves attack a NPC which you need to protect. Without the NPC """helping""", I could easily nuke then but took many reloads to defeat the werewolvs while protecting the NPC.

This Leviathan Axe is amazing, he can kill even Dremora Lords in few hits. The greatest problem is when enemy reflect the spell to myself, when it happens, I quickly took 100 pts of damage and I can't resist 3 hits from my own magical axe.

m91yWPF.png

WhVO5si.png

0LB718x.png

sTHAb2o.png

pR8X9ro.png]

7CiiWJe.png

YOaZhkW.png

Gp6qOxH.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom