Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interplay updating their old games

thesecret1

Arcane
I played it a couple years back. I remember it was pretty fun for a while, but then it all kinda blends together and all I remember is fighting trashmobs

Norfleet

That's because that is how th game was: The fisrt chapter was quality RPG material...then they just sort of...ran out of RPG and you're left with Diablo with worse combat and less plot. Less plot. Than Diablo.

Don Peste

Arcane
I guess what happens here is that Digital Theory, who also brought Hunter: The Reckoning to 360/One and Interplay Solitaire to Steam, has some kind of contract to simply update and make digitally available whatever they (they? It might be a one-man operation, but no idea) can find among Interplay's Ancient Games Backlog.

A little bit meh, but it could be worse. At least adding text localization or that bonus quest could mean whoever is working on this cares a little bit about these games.

They also added Linux and macOS support to some games:

I wonder if there's something of interest among the games that remain unavailable.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
As interesting a bit of news this update to Legacy of the Crusader is, it seems half-hearted. a) It's just not enough change to make me reinstall that game and b) I doubt its enough to make anyone who recognizes the game name to (re)purchase it. Not sure what they are going for - this a long term strategy or some random act?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Trying to remind people they were once a dev studio that existed because they are planning something else?

Codex Year of the Donut
Update (26 November 2021)
Added languages: French, German, Spanish and Italian

Also, the bonus quest is already included as a downloadable Goodie on GOG but the installer doesn't work correctly on Windows 10 which has led to many support requests online. This update simply pre-installs it (PresellBonus.RED in the /game folder).

The social media accounts for Black Isle seem to be hinting at updates for a lot of their games + linux ports, btw. No idea who is in charge of Black Isle now.

Codex Year of the Donut

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

deuxhero

Arcane
Does Interplay still have Giants: Citizen Kabuto? That's the main thing I see on their backcatalog that isn't otherwise accounted for or on a license.

Strig

Learned
Weird, I was just yesterday looking into whether or not the resurrected Interplay was actually doing anything these days. The beginning of the game alone is worth playing and the setting is awesome, I remember first hearing about this and thinking "A semi-historical medieval crusaders game using the Fallout system?!" and almost crying from excitement. One of the first of many of life's cruel disappointments.
I remember how excited I was for this game, and then I played the demo provided by one of the gaming mags. If I recall correctly it was mostly wandering through a forest spanking wildlife sporting an inordinate amount of HP. Funnily enough I considered chests the biggest warning sign, you just couldn't put anything in them and what kind of RPG doesn't have storage containers? The full game was a bloody disaster, the fights dragged because of the bloated HP pools, there weren't that many items, it wasn't particularly well written. It looked ok, but that's about it. I didn't even finish it, around 50% mark is as far as I ever got.

Gaslov

Novice
I'd love to see another Conquest of the New World, but without the free settlers exploit. I would LOVE to have an AI fixed Deadlock 2. That game ruled.

edit: shoot, that's cyberlore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom