Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Forbidden West - sequel to Hoizon Zero Dawn - coming to PC on March 21st

Machocruz

Arcane
Hell hath no fury like an incel's digital jack fantasy scorned

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
1000 years of technical civilization and they can't create Alloy to be eternally young? What bullshit is the sequel?

Does Aloy still look like Nikocado Avocado?

mjnMDMo.jpg

kangaxx

Arbiter
It'll be the same as the first game - i.e. very specific posts or poles will be usable for this action. My bet is that it'll feel tacked-on like the climbing in the original.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It'll be the same as the first game - i.e. very specific posts or poles will be usable for this action. My bet is that it'll feel tacked-on like the climbing in the original.

You might be right, there was a bright yellow hook on the pole. That makes it less impressive.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hopefully they add better progression systems (and make it a RPG while they're at it), but mecha-dinos are still cool as hell.

SlamDunk

Arcane
All game consoles should be destroyed and banned from ever being made again.

They are the harbingers of decline.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I just played the first one and holy shit it's mediocre. The only thing that stands out is the visual design of the enemies. They all behave just like animals most of the time. The writing is bland, the dialogues are cringy, the characters are all "tribeswoman #127". I don't like Alloy. She made me appreciate all the silent protagonists. The whole premise of her being an exile is so under utilized. She's so quippy and adjusted, even though she should have been raised by a single father with no same age peers to socialize with. She should be more like that wolf kid from Road Warrior. All the characters feel out of place and wrong. Her "dad" is super understanding and sentimental, when he should be way more strict. People talk like they live in a sitcom. What's the point of being a member of a tribe, if you constantly have to rely on some exile to help you out? No good antagonist. Story of the world is boring "corporations were too greedy and made weapons they couldn't control" tripe. Weapons so advanced and dangerous, you can 2-shot them with your SPEAR.

Zelda puts games like this to shame. Zelda actually rewarded you with exploration. By making the world look interesting, letting you climb almost anything and not putting a nigger in front of you every 5 minutes. I can see how some PlayStation cuck would be a fan of this game, but even Fallout/Skyrim should blow this thing out of the water.

RIT_SKUA

Literate
I just played the first one and holy shit it's mediocre.
Disagree. I think it's pretty good overall. The writing/dialogue isn't great but it isn't bad either (and I personally like the sci-fi elements); I'd argue it's mostly the delivery of the voice acting being mediocre (aside from some of the major characters, including Aloy) as well as the stiff facial animations that make the conversations come across as awkward. The exploration, monster designs, and combat are quite entertaining, and you're being very facetious about the latter's difficulty.

As a side note, I personally don't have any problems with Aloy's design; never understood why people bash it.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's a generic open-worlder. If you think that it's "pretty good", then you have never played a great game in your life. The dialogue delivery isn't the issue. They had some talented people in the booths. It's the material. Mass Effect had stiff faces too, but that never bothered people, because the writing wasn't boring. Until Andromeda that is.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I just played the first one and holy shit it's mediocre. The only thing that stands out is the visual design of the enemies. They all behave just like animals most of the time. The writing is bland, the dialogues are cringy, the characters are all "tribeswoman #127". I don't like Alloy. She made me appreciate all the silent protagonists. The whole premise of her being an exile is so under utilized. She's so quippy and adjusted, even though she should have been raised by a single father with no same age peers to socialize with. She should be more like that wolf kid from Road Warrior. All the characters feel out of place and wrong. Her "dad" is super understanding and sentimental, when he should be way more strict. People talk like they live in a sitcom. What's the point of being a member of a tribe, if you constantly have to rely on some exile to help you out? No good antagonist. Story of the world is boring "corporations were too greedy and made weapons they couldn't control" tripe. Weapons so advanced and dangerous, you can 2-shot them with your SPEAR.

Zelda puts games like this to shame. Zelda actually rewarded you with exploration. By making the world look interesting, letting you climb almost anything and not putting a nigger in front of you every 5 minutes. I can see how some PlayStation cuck would be a fan of this game, but even Fallout/Skyrim should blow this thing out of the water.
The machines you fight are not the ones that destroyed the earth but machines made to nurse the planet back to health.

I found the game to be one of the best AAA action adventure games of the last generation, along with Ghost of Tsushima and God of War, true that in partial to the genre, but I enjoyed the story, I enjoyed the reveal of how the world ended, it all tied together nicely.

I currently have a series x, and I'm loving the console, but I'm seriously considering buying a PS5 if it goes back in stock, to be able to play the new horizon, spiderman and God of war games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom