Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hollow Knight

Wunderbar

Arcane
Now the game is finally playable.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Very good game for a cheap price. My main criticism would be that while each area has a different ambiance and setting to it, most of them feel the same as to how you traverse them. After completing the map and playing for over 30 hours, including plenty of backtracking, I don't think I could point at even half the rooms and recall what exactly was in said room. Contrast that with the all-time greats of SotN and Super Metroid where the gameplay is considerably worse but the total map and each area's design/rooms was so much more memorable to me.

I didn't do the boss rush and a few other things.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Hey, guys, I think I'm stuck in some logical loop...

I'm at the Crystal peak now, beaten the first phase of Crystal Guardian...and to reach the second (enraged) stage of the boss I need the Monarch Wings from the other side of the gameworld.

...but I can't reach the location of Monarch wings without using Crystal Heart ability, which, in turn, I will have only after that second stage Crystal boss fight which can't be reached without Monarch wings.

Am I missing something? :badnews:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Not really a spoiler:

4A6gwGM.jpg

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
You cans do a few things, the most useful on is to

Get the monarch wings from the lost vessel in the Ancient Basin
You’re also getting near the “cleanup” phase of the game. So you can go around collecting mask/vessel shards and hunting for pale ore, nail arts, charms.

You can also head to Kingdom’s Edge or
The Hive
and complete the content there, but it will be harder.

Alternatively if you’re extremely masochistic I believe you can
enter the Queen’s Gardens with only Isma’s tear
, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I got wings & crystal heart, long before that I completed the Kingdom's Edge (my sequence of walkthrough is probably weird). Should I go to the Abyss to obtain the black barrier-removing cloak?

Then yes the Shade Cloak is your next step. Colosseum of Fools is probably doable now too, although depending on how many masks/ores you have the latter two trials might be tricky.

Oh there’s also Zote the Mighty/Gray Prince Zote and The Grimm Troupe, but Grimm is probably the most difficult fight outside of the Godhome content, and Zote is no slouch either.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom