Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Swords and Sorcery - Underworld: Definitive Edition

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys. Thinking about playing the first game, Underworld. About how many hours would a Completionist Leisure run take in this game? Trying to decide to delve into either this or MMX. Thanks!! :)

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Hey guys. Thinking about playing the first game, Underworld. About how many hours would a Completionist Leisure run take in this game? Trying to decide to delve into either this or MMX. Thanks!! :)

Hey bud. I preferred S&S over MMX by far. The exploration was way more fun. Had a similar style to Might and Magic 6/7. MMX is ok but the combat felt really gimmicky to me. They're both worth a playthrough, but I'd start with S&S. Hopefully we'll get the sequel Sovereign....someday.....

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Thanks Contagium ! I have to say, both are very strong CRPGs from the look of it. I was pleasantly surprised by MMX's class and skill collection (u can really make COOL characters!) and S&SU's awesome Press Forward/etc. combat. Any idea how long each of these games runs for?

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Was similarly looking at MMX and this after noticing MMX went back on sale. I'd rather hold out anyway in hope that it shows up on GOG so I think I'll try the Underworld game first.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Thanks Contagium ! I have to say, both are very strong CRPGs from the look of it. I was pleasantly surprised by MMX's class and skill collection (u can really make COOL characters!) and S&SU's awesome Press Forward/etc. combat. Any idea how long each of these games runs for?

I got a solid 40 hours out of Swords and Sorcery and saw everything there was to see. Might and Magic, got a good 60+ hours in. A lot of that was longer battles and some cheap insta-deaths that took several reloads.

Dorateen

Arcane
I played Swords & Sorcery when it looked like this:

3882.jpg

Much more of an early Might & Magic style back then. Great adventure, one of the best indie computer role-playing games to come out in the past ten years.

Mortmal

Arcane
18.4 hours exactly .

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Decided to start playing this and wow, very impressed and immersed so far! :) I am rotating between several CRPGs at the moment and this is one that I will definitely sink deeper into as time goes on. If anyone would like to join me on my journey the first episode of my Let's Play will be on my YouTube channel tomorrow. :) Cheers guys, and thanks all for the info! <3

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looked into metacritic. The (retarded) game journos are bitching which means that this game is probably good. I will probably buy it tomorrow.

Gaznak

Learned
Oh my, the developer of this tiny pretty thing is real, alive and haunting the Codex?

Very enjoyable and old-school-feeling game. I didn't finish it though back then. It would be cool to see some signs of life here.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played a bit and loved. Very high lethality. My frontlines goes down in one or two hits. Just din't liked needing runes for certain spells.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys. The itemization in this game is *awesome*! It may seem like a small detail, BUT it's done in such an old-school and handplaced way that makes it a joy to discover new equipment. There are many magical items and unique items and they are hidden and exciting to find every time. Really great stuff. I'm several hours deep and having a blast, highly recommended to anyone who likes old-school crawlers to definitely give this one a spin. Cheers! :)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Amazing game

• High lethality
  • Amazing encounter design
  • Good map design
  • Great artstyle

Which is the maximum level? And maximum spell level? I'm lv 6 at moment, almost 7 and wanna learn tier 4 spells soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom