Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

Codex Year of the Donut
pbqSAwx.jpg
fan-made painting
c2bh3flw56t71.webp

Codex Year of the Donut
Sexually Disparaging Dialogue
KILL ME OR KILL THE GIRL!
KILL ME OR KILL HIM!

the guy who says it is mentally insane and thinks it's a girl who is romantically interested in him
lmao

J1M

Arcane
According to modern definitions, Ace Ventura was raped because he was tricked and couldn't consent. Which means Twitter is victim blaming and not believing a rape survivor.

Since the remaining devs seem to only be capable of deleting content, we should take bets as to which dungeon will be removed first.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Love it how the wowhead cucks aren't even allowing comments on these news posts anymore.

Codex Year of the Donut
to be fair, most of the story was already in the books anyways so they were just taking the next logical step of moving all of the story to the books
quests from now on will just have objectives without any text to better suit the current audience

J1M

Arcane
IMO Story in MoP was decent.
Not sure how you could say that. All the zones are about farms that are on fire and they ruined a character that was built up since TBC to become warchief because alliance players didn't like that he won a few battles.

J1M

Arcane
Btw, they cancelled BlizzCon. Only work being done in Irvine these days appears to be deleting previous work made by white males.

Delterius

Arcane
IMO Story in MoP was decent.
Agreed. The beginning of MoP was almost a return to form after Cataclysm. Things felt more grounded. It was about war. About atrocities being committed and people coming together to work through the Horde-Alliance cold war in a way that doesn't spell doom. And then Garrosh had to go full retard and try become the god of malding.
and they ruined a character that was built up since TBC to become warchief because alliance players didn't like that he won a few battles.
Nah. Garrosh was already schizophrenic in Cataclysm. 'noo sylvanas you can't use the plague thats dishonorable!' 'nooo underling you can't massacre the alliance camp thats dishonorable' 'yes holocausting theramore with kael'thas' bomb is honorable why do you ask'.

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Blizzard just didn't have a plan for Garrosh's character arc and kept reacting to haphazard feedback from their 10 million worth playerbase.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Nah. Garrosh was already schizophrenic in Cataclysm. 'noo sylvanas you can't use the plague thats dishonorable!' 'nooo underling you can't massacre the alliance camp thats dishonorable' 'yes holocausting theramore with kael'thas' bomb is honorable why do you ask'.

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Blizzard just didn't have a plan for Garrosh's character arc and kept reacting to haphazard feedback from their 10 million worth playerbase.
His character went "So anyways, orcs are actually the superior race and all goblins should wear 6 pointed stars" in like two quest lines. Afrasiabi actually wanted him to have an arc more akin to Grommash where he somewhat redeems himself even though he's still hotheaded but nah. Next expansion needed a big baddie and all. That and Golden needed her Jaina self-insert soap opera novel.
I think Sylvanas would've gotten the same treatment as Garrosh if she wasn't one of the lead writer's waifu.

Codex Year of the Donut
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/n...de-look-at-the-character-creation-ui-redesign
With a new layout in our pocket, I reevaluated the amount of information presented to players on this screen. The old Character Creation screen featured a lot of information in the form of text descriptions:

A0DLY4ZNTWP21634838181741.png

The harm of presenting too much information (even if it’s useful) is that it can prevent someone from making an otherwise simple choice.

We designed the new Character Creation screen to help new players avoid what’s known as analysis paralysis. We cut down a lot of text and relied on visuals and sound to explain the races and classes. We’d rather show you a mage casting a fireball than describe it to you.

Most new players will already be familiar with these fantasy archetypes through pop culture. It’s commonly understood that a warrior wields a sword, wears relatively heavy armor, and fights in melee range.

redesigning the character creator because your target audience is too stupid to read

Races are largely an aesthetic choice. We didn’t want new players to worry about racial abilities, so we hid them by default:
Imagine saying this like it's a good thing. "We took away another level of customization to streamline the game, you're welcome"

All this analysis to fix something that didn't need fixing to justify why their job should exist. What was wrong with the original character creation screen?

e.g.,
The first character you’ll see as a veteran player is an entirely random race/class combo. For new players, the first character they see will always be a Human or Orc Warrior (of a random gender). This goes back to the idea of easing new players into the game by showing them something more relatable.
WoW didn't need this to attract a record number of players over a decade ago, which many have since been lost. Where is their evidence that this does what they suggest it does?

Delterius

Arcane
I think Sylvanas would've gotten the same treatment as Garrosh if she wasn't one of the lead writer's waifu.
IMO Sylvanas' is an even worse version of garrosh's ''arc''. She goes from being a 'non antagonistic villain' all the way up to Legion, to becoming a transdimensional ultra genocider, to not knowing her motivation, to having a master plan, to having been retarded all along. But then again that last part applies to every wow character. That Danuser is her fanboy only served to make things worse.

Codex Year of the Donut
IMO Sylvanas' is an even worse version of garrosh's ''arc''. She goes from being a 'non antagonistic villain' all the way up to Legion, to becoming a transdimensional ultra genocider, to not knowing her motivation, to having a master plan, to having been retarded all along. But then again that last part applies to every wow character. That Danuser is her fanboy only served to make things worse.
YASSS KWEEEN SLAYYY

Delterius

Arcane
YASSS KWEEEN SLAYYY
In this case it's more like 'step on me, me queen'.

Codex Year of the Donut
YASSS KWEEEN SLAYYY
In this case it's more like 'step on me, me queen'.
sylvanas is just elf kerrigan

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Here's your CONTENT, bro. It's unlisted now.

I know I'm like 10-15 years late to this but jesus christ how did the art style end up so badly? There's one thing to be cartoony but this shit is on a different level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom