Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Yeah, I'm leveling poison concoction right PF now and it feels really smooth.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
More so because the projectiles apparently shotgun really nicely with AOE, making single target really good. Definitely, though, the basic numbers are also strong.

Basically, the Forbidden Rite of this league.
How can it shotgun? It's just a basic projectile spell isn't it?

AoE affects explosions on impact, they get so big they can stack after reaching certain threshold.
More AoE (and additional projectiles?) does not broaden the throwing arc.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Not sure on the defensive buffs, but the league mechanic... yeah. Not a fan.

Do yourself a big ol' favour and go armour with block. Being able to take lots of small hits is making the mechanic really smooth for me. Otherwise, the swarm is crazy in maps.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Really solid. That Toxic Rain Champion is ridiculously tanky. Like, truly ridiculously tanky.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Do yourself a big ol' favour and go armour with block. Being able to take lots of small hits is making the mechanic really smooth for me. Otherwise, the swarm is crazy in maps.
I am doing that but with tabula atm and I am dying a lot in Scourge in white maps. If I try to stand still for more than 0.5s I am dead. Basically zero difference to how "defense" mechanics always worked.
Except before I always went for dodge and spell dodge and sometimes I would live through those standing still periods..

Luckily I went for Ignite so I can still kill stuff by casting once and moving away while ignite kills them.

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite
T2 haewark hamlet has stuff like 12 blue skeleton archers you run into because restricted vertical FOV, firing at once surrounded by porcupines (rip). T1 HH boss has 3400 AOE with 3 end charge (almost).
So far the minion masteries carry my animate weapon+ ape spectres+ carrion + jade flask leveling build. Trading already will break 100c income soon, drops were shit, Ill get a bit extra from 2c chaos recipe once heist. I guess but not even heist vendor seems affordable unless you can trade/flip. It's a massacre lol.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I am doing that but with tabula atm and I am dying a lot in Scourge in white maps. If I try to stand still for more than 0.5s I am dead. Basically zero difference to how "defense" mechanics always worked.
Except before I always went for dodge and spell dodge and sometimes I would live through those standing still periods..

Luckily I went for Ignite so I can still kill stuff by casting once and moving away while ignite kills them.

Maybe it's time to stop using Tabula and actually use something with some defensive properties?

We get it, you can't avoid almost 50% of damage for 4 points of investment anymore.

For anyone who wasn't relying on acrobatics nodes, it's a big buff all round.

tritosine2k

Erudite
So far the minion masteries carry my animate weapon+ ape spectres+ carrion + jade flask leveling build.
Otherwise from unlucky rip it's remarkably good and kinda sloppy/AFK way of leveling a scion. However don't skip labs like I did and pick up gladiator for block and 3 small block passives right to the scion life node. Now this will save me some headache until respec. Animate weapon links : cold damage, minion damage, ele attack + x. Aura hatred+generosity , skitter. Frostbite+hextouch+lvl1 bladedall+spell cascade. Also you can't buy ethereal knives early enough as a scion, circumvent that.

Adapt this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2780128 ( I don't know if he says now but this kind of build profits enormously from enduring prefix mana flask . Don't need mana regen AT ALL, roll one from act3-4, along with bleed stuff, I also did the +1 helmet recipe, 2G+1B+1R).

Oh also silver flask is better for this than quicksilver because cast speed is nerft lateely. I wouldn't level a caster now. Don't do incursion, juiced maps until respec. Expedition is doable. Also note elemental equilibrium is barely better than frostbomb, nerft big time.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe it's time to stop using Tabula and actually use something with some defensive properties?
To be fair, tabula will generally do more for your survivability than a 5L with 100 hp and 2000 eva/armor or 400 ES.

And white maps isn't really a place and time where you can afford a 6L with stats.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be fair, tabula will generally do more for your survivability than a 5L with 100 hp and 2000 eva/armor or 400 ES.

And white maps isn't really a place and time where you can afford a 6L with stats.

2000 armour or eva gives you an awful lot these days.

This ain't the pre-buff days where the only way of getting good phys reduction via armour was to be a jugg wearing brass dome.

tritosine2k

Erudite

This ain't the pre-buff days where the only way of getting good phys reduction via armour was to be a jugg wearing brass dome.

It's not like you get enough instilling orbs to roll "used when you take a savage hit (-15% life) on jade flask or granite flask, so that much remains a tall order with avg gear + earthly reflexes ( Chris will bring turtling back yaay).

Prev league I leveled with minion blind plus ev, it's obviously nerft, even dps falls off earlier.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
I am doing that but with tabula atm and I am dying a lot in Scourge in white maps.

I'm using a Tabula, too, dawg. T7 maps no issue whatsoever, two Scourge bosses down, died twice to the mechanic total.

Determination/Grace + Basalt/Granite/Jade + Block/Evade + a life recovery mechanic and you're good.

So one shots went away or not ?

Definitely not, but fewer for tanky builds. People who are still trying to map with 20% evade, no other mitigation and minimal recovery... well... you get what you give.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

More than 30% more damage? I doubt it, but I am also not playing this league so I don't know :M

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

More than 30% more damage? I doubt it, but I am also not playing this league so I don't know :M

No point to 30% more damage if you aren't alive to deal it.

I'd swap a Tabula for a 5l with good stats in an instant at end game (even early).

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Getting a six link this league is laughably easy.

There's a Scourge skill node that has 15% chance to create a socket link for a transformed item. So, find a 5+1 link, Scourge it and you'll (in a few tries) have a corrupted 6-link. Also works with Tainted Fusings.

Additionally, if you're playing trade, there's a metric fuckton of corrupted 6-links for 8-10c. Just put your desired colours in the search filter and - voila - an item completely better than Tabula in every way, cheaper than Tabula.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

There's a Scourge skill node that has 15% chance to create a socket link for a transformed item. So, find a 5+1 link, Scourge it and you'll (in a few tries) have a corrupted 6-link. Also works with Tainted Fusings.

Additionally, if you're playing trade, there's a metric fuckton of corrupted 6-links for 8-10c. Just put your desired colours in the search filter and - voila - an item completely better than Tabula in every way, cheaper than Tabula.

Also the corrupted chromatics make it easier than ever to find a good 6l.

People are still selling corrupted 6ls for cheap even though you can do way more with them than you could in previous patches.

Absinthe

Arcane

If you're playing softcore trade, sure. But HC trade has a smaller economy and is not that insane with its trade prices, since max clearspeed methods tend to get you killed sooner or later.

If you're willing to make a shoddy 2H a 6L you have some options, but if it's your body armor you're after it's slim pickings.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Would be interesting to hear that in what way did they find the Scourge mechanic rewarding enough, to let it through in the state it was released in, while playtesting. General consensus seems to be it's all risk and practically no rewards. I'm still scourging up my first map to see what those are like, but from the items I've scourged pretty much everything has been shit. Corruption in itself is a very negative outcome for an item, but on top of that you usually get a very severe negative mod on top. With more often than not a positive mod that doesn't compensate the negatives at all.

Otherwise it's been pretty fun playing again after a bit of a break with new QoL changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom