Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do scourged maps actually work? I've been focused on getting to level 95 asap, so not really paid much attention to the league mechanic besides the basics.

Are they similar to delirious maps, in that you're basically always under the crucible effect without a timer?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Scourged items are shit %99,99 of the time
its nice in ssf, weapons with scourged +lightning dmg appear to be quice common so it helps with leveling. Looking at poe.ninja though(ssf), no one seem to be wielding single scourged item at high level

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
General consensus seems to be it's all risk and practically no rewards
Just as Chris Wilson intended.
8jqMQkt.png

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
The defence rework was a 5Head move from GGG. Now I actually care about the base I am crafting on and more affixes have value to me during crafting. Gradually building up your defences through gear feels so much more meaningful than the previous method of Blind + Phase Acro = you're done.

League mechanic also had a nice effect on item value for me. I have actually put white corrupted bases on my loot filter again and I am using 6-sockets that I find to craft, because I need bases to bake. I am actually clicking my vaal orbs on gear now instead of accumulating 500 of them at the end of the league and never using them.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Update:

Lvl 89, mapping in the Tier 9-12 range and heisting. General's Cry Berserker Shield Crush with functionally ~1ex investment makes all content at that level trivial. I stopped thinking about danger in heists, stopped using flasks, just Shield Charging around while my happy friends destroy everything.

Block + phys mitigation + life recovery through warcries has been outstanding at dealing with everything except Chaos damage. Especially so because I'm constantly moving, so mobs tend to target where I was, not where I am.

Scourge league mechanic is doggy shit. Fuck that noise.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm going full on armor,evasion, 80+ resists with some block champ, using Boneshatter. I'm literally facetanking anything right now with really effort. Boneshatter is not good for single target but clears packs really well.

Edit: Actually I'm feeling very cocky right now and going to buy meself an Abyssus tonight!

Absinthe

Arcane
Bloodseeker is the ultimate facetanking weapon imo. Instant leech means you're always at full life every time you hit something, so if it doesn't oneshot or CC you, you basically can't die, assuming your attack speed is good, anyway.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
that new trickster is fun, made me run another RF build in ssf. 5s invulnerability every 10s is enough to start running RF early. Wonder if novelty will let me reach maps this time around. Likely will go CI but who knows, going MOM always tempts me

Absinthe

Arcane
Does Heartstopper materialize as a buff, meaning you could drag out its duration with Shackles of the Wretched and self-cursing with Temporal Chains?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
there is also lethe shade that sort of provides extra second, although I didnt try it yet.

In total you could push it to like 8.4s? Unlikely that Im going to test it in ssf though.

Absinthe

Arcane
The new Gravebind unique seems to be a very retarded item. Run a full magicfind build and run ridiculous super-maps with a party to massively boost everyone's drops. Or just run a massive over-the-top magicfind build on an Animate Guardian supported with Item Rarity (and Item Quantity if in permanent league). Hang on, you can actually double-stack magicfind this way, since minions still benefit from your own increased item rarity and item quant. Yep, bonkers item.

And speaking of magicfind, it seems like The Ascetic makes a decent pickup for Energy Blade builds.

Sharpedge

Prophet
The new Gravebind unique seems to be a very retarded item. Run a full magicfind build and run ridiculous super-maps with a party to massively boost everyone's drops. Or just run a massive over-the-top magicfind build on an Animate Guardian supported with Item Rarity (and Item Quantity if in permanent league). Hang on, you can actually double-stack magicfind this way, since minions still benefit from your own increased item rarity and item quant. Yep, bonkers item.

And speaking of magicfind, it seems like The Ascetic makes a decent pickup for Energy Blade builds.
It didn't really change anything for people who were super dedicated to MFing anyhow. Groups that were already inclined in this direction had the person who was dealing damage wearing southbound, with their primary damage dealing skill either linked to elemental focus, or they took secrets of suffering. This way they could only kill frozen enemies and their skills could not freeze anything. The MFer in the group was then guaranteed to kill everything. The problem with gravebind is you need to deal with GGG's nebulous "nearby," which might be good in some circumstances, but when people are using skills like spark to kill and are hitting enemies 5 screens away, the gravebind bonus isn't that great.

Absinthe

Arcane
You're not looking at the absurdity of making your guardian wear a full magicfind set while wearing your own magicfind set on top and getting the combined benefits of both of them.

Looks like magicfind necro is a go.

tritosine2k

Erudite
RF would ve worked simply with the preemptively nuked "survival instinct" jewel they also baited me with that. Then they just swapped 50% of not using flask charge for 50% increased duration kek. Bait & switch. Oh they also nerft the scion gladiator ascendancy its not worth it anymore vs. 3 point next to starter.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
You're not looking at the absurdity of making your guardian wear a full magicfind set while wearing your own magicfind set on top and getting the combined benefits of both of them.

Looks like magicfind necro is a go.
So after testing this, Gravebinds do not work with quantity and rarity. To verify this for yourself, you can stack to 100% reduced item quantity while wearing them and then group up with someone and have them kill enemies next to you. Items will still drop, whilst if you kill enemies, they will not.

Absinthe

Arcane
Nothing like unmentioned caveats to make an item trash. Damn. That will neuter Gravebind's appeal alright. I guess it's only good for giving you kill triggers, and I suspect trigger gems won't be activated either.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Nothing like unmentioned caveats to make an item trash. Damn. That will neuter Gravebind's appeal alright. I guess it's only good for giving you kill triggers, and I suspect trigger gems won't be activated either.

Probably works for stuff like Arakaali's Fang? (still useless, unless paired with even more uniques ...)

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it 10 seconds damage, 5 seconds immunity, 10 seconds damage? Or 5 damage, 5 immunity, 5 damage?

The description makes it sound like the former.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Is it 10 seconds damage, 5 seconds immunity, 10 seconds damage? Or 5 damage, 5 immunity, 5 damage?

The description makes it sound like the former.
5 damage 5 immune in cycle

heartstopper gives darkness immunity in delve

But the stacks keep on piling on, correct? So once it wears off, you will die very quickly.
well yeah but you can see the timer well and drop flare. If RF is just your secondary can switch it off to also benefit from regen. With 3 flares I was able to get to next checkpoint without cart at -25% resistance. Obviously I did die there

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
finally unlocked map device. My RF+blight trickster didnt obtain vaal blight nor rf. Burned all my sac pieces to get one. Got 1.5 tab full of vaal skills now but none that I seek...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom