Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You will meet Dr. Lee in Chapter 7
Fuck,how am i to finish all those quest that need hacking then? Also do most of the named npc go hostile if i decide to cleanse the city from the thugs and the drugged tribe,or should i finish most of the side quests before that?

PS:You are fag for making that limited inventory! I wasted hours transporting loot left and right!!! At least the cheat/debug mode is pretty useful with the F2.

Void_Pickle

Educated
This was really fun, despite some bugs (including many dirtbag crashes). I might actually go through a second time.

How does Panama compare?

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
panama is pretty good. imo brian learned from some the quest and gameplay design flaws that existed in oaxaca and resolved most of them in panama

Void_Pickle

Educated
Well, that sounds promising at least. I see it is also on sale right now... so I guess decision made!

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
That crashing only happens on some computers if you visit too many maps during a single play session due to loading textures, so after you visit a few maps, save, quit and launch the game again. Also, turn off the Extras DLC.

Void_Pickle

Educated
I'd actually seen your previous post on the subject. I generally don't get too fussed by crashes as long as they aren't constant.

mck

Cipher
wzHPI7u.png

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Rant: I'm not sure this is the game for me. I like janky games and I've been looking forward to playing Brigand Oaxaca since I bought it a few years ago in a sale, but having played it for about 3 hours, I just feel it takes "jankiness" one step too far. I'm fighting with the interface and friendly AI most of the time. For instance, reloading consumes one full mag, but if you reload from other guns, you can simply deduct the bullets from them (wtf). Then there's the friendly AI which insists on using melee and gets stuck in terrain every so often. The final straw for me was when I cleared Freeway 175, then loaded a new area and the game crashed, causing me to lose 30 minutes of gameplay time.

I do enjoy the content that I've seen so far though, but it's just everything else is so clunky to the point of being infuriating. Said content (ie story and gameplay mechanics) is fun enough to keep me engaged, but if I'm going to experience more of the same with the interface and AI, I don't know if it's worth playing on. Thoughts?

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Stick with it, udm . It's a rough diamond, a hidden, rare jewel. A dusty gem. They don't make em like this anymore, and when they do, it's usually a one man dev team making some crazy ambitious game like Brigand Oaxaca. Heh. Play it thru, but relax and don't take it so seriously or try to force things. Just take it easy and enjoy. Hope u can! <3

udm

Arcane
Patron
Alright, I'm now at Chapter 3 and it has been starting to grow on me. Despite CTDs at the worst times, the shittiest inventory system I've ever seen, and non-existent AI, I'm actually having fun. The "budget Deus Ex" label I've been seeing isn't wrong, but I'd say this is more like a cross between STALKER and Demise: Ascension.

Come to think about it, I miss Demise heh

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/652410/announcements/detail/3092277647565742245

Version 8.9
No more teammate head-jumping

I fixed the exploit where you can position your teammates, wedge yourself between them and the cliff, jump on their heads, and then jump over walls to skip 80% of the game. No more teammate head jumping. Also fixed a few others things, check Brigand Updates.txt for all the details.

Still waiting to get the Demo page approved for Warlordocracy (the main page is up). I still have to playtest the game more anyway.

Finally, the new Brigand prequel DLC is coming. I played the first two hours and it's fucking great.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just bought a copy, looks awesome! I have work in 2 hours so not sure if I'll get around to trying it this morning but will definitely check it out later.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Alright, I'm now at Chapter 3 and it has been starting to grow on me. Despite CTDs at the worst times, the shittiest inventory system I've ever seen, and non-existent AI, I'm actually having fun. The "budget Deus Ex" label I've been seeing isn't wrong, but I'd say this is more like a cross between STALKER and Demise: Ascension.

Come to think about it, I miss Demise heh

it has a lot of similarities with Stalker, Deus Ex, Morrowind

Jinn

Arcane
Great game. The inventory system is a killer though. Be patient. I feel its a limitation of the engine, but goddamn that should have been in patch #1 if not.

EDIT: This game would have legitimately been better with a Deus Ex style inventory system. It's one of the major things that made it hard for me to play, and I'm not usually one to nitpick about UI systems.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has the crashing issue been solved? That killed the game for me, especially with how the save works. I dont mind save points system really, but like brian said, the game just crash if you visit too many maps during a session, it cost me an hour + of progress and i got mad and uninstall the game.

udm

Arcane
Patron
About to make it to the ancient ruins when the game froze while I was saving, destroying all my progress. This, after I deleted my backup save and thought to myself that maybe I'll just save my game here then back it up later. Screw this shit, I'll just watch gameplay videos on YouTube.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom