Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I know you storyfags are weird but being prevented from reading a dialogue window after a respec seems like an oddly personal bug
Yes, my brain is damaged by having enough imagination to be able to immerse in a written text. By 2021 standards tt's probably dementia.

So when one part of the text (the personal story) contradicts the other part (the next chapter - or the stats and the class) I put this text off, be it a book or a CRPG.

So in that case you should hate P:K and P:WotR. Both fully allow you to multiclass in all sorts of combinations that are inconsitent with the dialogue window

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So in that case you should hate P:K and P:WotR. Both fully allow you to multiclass in all sorts of combinations that are inconsitent with the dialogue window
It just shows how forceful the Baron can be. In-game recpec is borderline OK, but respeccing the levels of the companions that they had before joining the party is a no-no for me.

To each his own I guess. Again: you can always play Solasta.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wait what? I thought your problem was when the character sheet contradicts the personal story. That's just as possible with ingame respec and multiclassing as with a complete respec. But those you are OK with? I no understand, massa Lann

Stoned Ape

Savant
<stuff about exploring different companion builds>

As far as I've read, you enjoy playing on unfair.

I only play on Core, so I'm not 100% sure about this but from what I've read from other people playing, due to the way that Mythic Paths power scale compared to Mythic Companions, only the MC really does anything on Unfair difficulty. The rest of the party generally just become buff/debuff/summon support so you're probably not going to have as much freedom to experiment with viable builds for them as you would in Kingmaker.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
?? Ember's entire backstory is
Thank you v much for not using spoiler tags btw. You are a nice person. I like you!
This is stuff you learn within 5 mins of meeting her. Sorry I guess.

Anyone playing the Beta build (and I mean the one called Beta, not release)? When it is coming out of Beta into "Beta" ?
Yeah. No idea when it's coming out for real, but there are lots of small quality of life improvements. Doesn't feel like it's solved particularly many bugs though.

only the MC really does anything

If that's the case I'll be dropping the game anyway, so it doesn't really affect anything, though I suspect it's hyperbole.
fwiw, my MC is being constantly outshone in terms of damage by my druid's animal companion, and barely staying ahead in AC, even though I specced very heavily into that.

I hear the angel mythic path is insanely op though, so it might be true if you're on that one.

Delterius

Arcane
I hear the angel mythic path is insanely op though, so it might be true if you're on that one.

Won't be playing until June at the earliest. No idea which mythic I'll take
You should pick Trickster. That way respeccing is not only 'ok' and lore-friendly: it's mandatory.

xd.jpg

Sharpedge

Prophet
In terms of power, provided you are not taking advantage of bugs (for example, legend keeping angel/lich spells or trickster feats) I would probably rank the mythic paths Angel > Lich > Legend = Trickster > Azata > Swarm > Gold Dragon > Aeon > Demon. I have never looked at Devil, so I can't really comment on that one. Angel and Lich have merged spellbooks plus a selection of incredibly powerful path specific spells which is what puts them above other paths. In addition angel also has the Angelic Halo and the sword buff. Lich has some nice toys as well, however I would rank Angels ones as being slightly better. With that being said however, I do consider Angel to be an incredibly bland path to play. Legend looks nice and fancy, having 40 levels to make a character, but you only gain access to it very late in the game (at the point where finishing the game is trivial anyhow) and you also lose 6-8 mythic feats as a result of taking it. Those feats are really good and losing them is a significant downside. Trickster is the most interesting mythic path in terms of the amount of options available to it, with the different mythic skills available to you allowing you to make some fairly interesting characters. With that being said though, it only really starts to shine after a couple of mythic ranks, where as angel and lich shine from the moment you start playing them.

Sunri

Liturgist
In terms of power, provided you are not taking advantage of bugs (for example, legend keeping angel/lich spells or trickster feats) I would probably rank the mythic paths Angel > Lich > Legend = Trickster > Azata > Swarm > Gold Dragon > Aeon > Demon. I have never looked at Devil, so I can't really comment on that one. Angel and Lich have merged spellbooks plus a selection of incredibly powerful path specific spells which is what puts them above other paths. In addition angel also has the Angelic Halo and the sword buff. Lich has some nice toys as well, however I would rank Angels ones as being slightly better. With that being said however, I do consider Angel to be an incredibly bland path to play. Legend looks nice and fancy, having 40 levels to make a character, but you only gain access to it very late in the game (at the point where finishing the game is trivial anyhow) and you also lose 6-8 mythic feats as a result of taking it. Those feats are really good and losing them is a significant downside. Trickster is the most interesting mythic path in terms of the amount of options available to it, with the different mythic skills available to you allowing you to make some fairly interesting characters. With that being said though, it only really starts to shine after a couple of mythic ranks, where as angel and lich shine from the moment you start playing them.

How the fuck demon is weaker compared to gold dragon? are you drunk Aviu

Sharpedge

Prophet

How the fuck demon is weaker compared to gold dragon? are you drunk Aviu
It might be a bit of bias with regards to how I play sneaking in. I like to rest minimally, maybe once every 2-3 maps if I can get away with it. For context, during my last playthrough I rested a total of 50 times. As a result of that, most of the time if I am playing demon, I get very little benefit from the path as the majority of the power from demonic aspects comes from when I have the rage active, but I cannot rage most of the time due to how I play. In contrast, the Gold Dragon's stat bonuses are up most of the time and so are their increases to spell dice, as well as their immunities. Demonic Rage is not comparable to spell slots either, since you can very easily extend angel spells to 24h and get their full benefit across an entire zone, even when you do not rest often.

I also do not rank mythic paths according to what they can do at level 20 mythic rank 10, but rather according to how they play within whichever portion of the game is available to them. Demon and Aeon consistently lag behind other paths for the majority of the game. Any build you make on a demon (with some minor exceptions with regards to kineticist) could be better done on another path. Whilst Aeon is for the most part similar, its edicts do have some niche use and in "burst" scenarios similar to where you would use rage powers, in my opinion provide more utility.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
It might be a bit of bias with regards to how I play sneaking in. I like to rest minimally, maybe once every 2-3 maps if I can get away with it. For context, during my last playthrough I rested a total of 50 times. As a result of that, most of the time if I am playing demon, I get very little benefit from the path as the majority of the power from demonic aspects comes from when I have the rage active, but I cannot rage most of the time due to how I play. In contrast, the Gold Dragon's stat bonuses are up most of the time and so are their increases to spell dice, as well as their immunities. Demonic Rage is not comparable to spell slots either, since you can very easily extend angel spells to 24h and get their full benefit across an entire zone, even when you do not rest often.

I also do not rank mythic paths according to what they can do at level 20 mythic rank 10, but rather according to how they play within whichever portion of the game is available to them. Demon and Aeon consistently lag behind other paths for the majority of the game. Any build you make on a demon (with some minor exceptions with regards to kineticist) could be better done on another path. Whilst Aeon is for the most part similar, its edicts do have some niche use and in "burst" scenarios similar to where you would use rage powers, in my opinion provide more utility.
At act 5 you get mythic 9 right at the end of mythic quest, for azata that was like 2 days into act 5, for Demon I heard you get 10 right at the start of the act. You get gold dragon at M8 too. I think it's a bit weird ranking late game paths alongside the ones you have to play the game with before lvl 18 M8... There isn't much reason to go for low rest too in this game (unless going for challenge run) so it's a weird way to power scale stuff I feel. That said I agree demon needs more rage/day - if anything for QoL.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
They added haircuts plus circlets combo. Also,finally some crusader spells work as the should ( they work instead of totally not working).
Got a question how non lich armies do in crusader mode? At some point you get to pick flavor for lich units and I went with vampire gimmick. I just stopped losing units. Got like 5k zeds 4k skeletons and 3-4k vampires.

Excited for legend to have double the attacks now, since it wasn't already strong enough :D
Well if Legend gets 8 base attacks thats insane, that will totally dwarf vital strike builds. Where did you get that info from?
Only 8? I seen build with 9 attacks for IIRC primary weapon.
base 1+attacks at BAB 6/11/16/21/26/31/36 =8. Add in haste and flurry of blows you get 11. add in two weapon fighting you get 14. Add in racial bite (half orc/kitsune). you get 15 etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom