Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Learned
Played a bit more of legacy. Notable loot of the week:

3x highlord's wrath, 2x sandstorm (non eth), Skullder's (also non eth), Dracul's, Shako, Jalal's, Tal chest, Tal amulet (oddly enough the only piece I don't have is the weapon, when armor and amulet are supposed to be more valuable), Trang chest, Griswold chest, nature's peace, 25 res mara.

Need Ohm to make call to arms, already got the weapon ready:

i9F20rO.png

My first (and only) high rune is Ber from travincal council, which is great news, but still need Jah for Enigma. For the time teleport staff on swap works fine for "telestomping" and farming, but I won't be able to use weapon swap for another utility like call to arms.

Q3JNJiA.png

Also could use Homunculus, War Travs for more MF and Arm of King Leoric. The only unique wand I have is carin shard, which dropped twice.

Got about 300 MF.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
One thing I am not fucking liking with this version- the queueing! Tried to play twice today on the EU server and both times queue over 100. Left it a bit but didn't go down at all, which is a known bug with the launcher apparently- lol.

Read a Blizzard post about it that basically amounted to 'game is old, server architecture is old, too many want to play, we're very sorry boo hoo.'

Only managed an hour or so this morning and that's a bit shit.

m_s0

Arcane
I mean, if you want to play single player you don't need to wait in a queu
Though some people were reporting that one of the recent console patches rendered it impossible to create singleplayer games - I don't know if it's the case on the PC as well, or not.

The game itself is fine, but the infrastructure and release - if we can still call it release at this stage - is a complete shitshow.

And then you get mindless decisions such as no chat enabled on consoles = no /players x on consoles. So on top of the fact the devs, apparently, have no clue how people play D2 in multiplayer, they also have no clue how the game is played in singleplayer. They mentioned considering implementing the /players x thing (if you can call this implementation considering it's in the fucking game already, just impossible to trigger), but since that mention, over a month later, there's still not a peep about it from Actiblizzvisions.

So endless queues on consoles, but singleplayer is kind of unpleasant if you want to play that instead, because it lacks basic functionality that's kind of already in there, but not really. And portable D2 is actually quite fun to play, so it does sting the game is gimped on consoles severely.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Almost lvl 90 sorc HC

basically have most of the good gear except the top end-game sjit like enigma etc.

Found a shako, several high runes n shit, bought me some nice stff..

Sykar

Arcane
For the price it is far more valuable on any other character. It also misses a very important part, cast speed, especially for 200 FC builds Enigma sucks ass but even for 117(lighting) or 105 (cold/fire) Enigma is not really great. If you want only 68 I guess it is fine. Best armor depends. Viper is great because it offers an all around package and you can upgrade it easily. Ormus is the best offensive armor if you get the right +3 and not using Hydra or FO because it can only give +3 to lvl 24 or lower skills. Skulders for obvious reasons. Arkaine is good too.
Tal is not trash, anyone who says this just has no idea about it's real strength which start to shine if you have dual elements especially fire and lightning. Or do you mean Tal without the set bonus? The only part of Tal worth using without set bonus is the amulet.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
105 fcr is not hard to hit.. u dont need 200 fc builds at all.. 105 is stupidly easy to achieve on items other than body armour.. your argument fails again.

enigma simply has so many stats for 1 slot item. skulders is garbage arkaines too.

tal rasha is the only good alternative to viper and enigma for sorc

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
And now we have the fun of both queueing for 30 mins or so to get in, followed by 'error in connection' when changing zones which kicks you back out to the character select screen. Been trying to get through Act 1 today and it's not been possible thanks to their shite servers. I mean, it's not like Blizzard has any experience when it comes to online games...

Game is as fun as it ever was, but the server experience is giving me severe buyer's remorse.

:killit:

Sykar

Arcane
105 fcr is not hard to hit.. u dont need 200 fc builds at all.. 105 is stupidly easy to achieve on items other than body armour.. your argument fails again.

enigma simply has so many stats for 1 slot item. skulders is garbage arkaines too.

tal rasha is the only good alternative to viper and enigma for sorc

Stupidly easy? How exactly? Solo self found? Lol.
Most of the stats are not all that great. Strength? Who needs that? Viper saves it by the sheer fact that it has very low requirements even upgraded. I guess if you REALLY need that Spirit Monarch but that is more of an all around solutions there are ways to increase your damage more. Hell just 1 Facet for your main element increases your damage more. So what about the other stats?
5% more HP? Lol hardly ever noticable.
15% damage to mana? Rofl
8% damage reduce? I guess if you go Stormshield it might add up nicely, otherwise hardly worth the rune.
Run/Walk? Who cares on a Sorc. Hell who cares on an Enigma wielder unless your mana regen is so poor that it cannot keep up teleporting.
MF? Skulders is leaps and bounds better.
14 life after kill? Worthless unless you go ES.

So we have basically 2 good stats for sorc, strength and +2 skills for a freaking Jah and Ber rune. For that price you can get a full Tal Set and fare better on dual ele sorc.

You can spin it however you want, while Enigma is fine on Sorc there are better and more importantly MUCH cheaper and easier to find solutions, especially when you are solo self found/single player and play without trading and trading is as usual highly suspect with all the farm bots and potential exploits around which I doubt Blizzshit has fixed.
Summa summarum, Enigma is shit in terms of what it offers for its price for the Sorc. Nevermind that D2 past 1.10 with its retarded runederpshite is completely degenerate and worthless anyway.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

The whole appeal of Enigma is it turns every class into Sorceress speed with the teleport. Enigma on a Sorceress is redundant since as Sykar said there are other alternatives that are cheaper. For the HRs needed, Enigma on a Sorceress is wasted.

I honestly think Enigma is one of those iconic items that is seen as such a GG item that a lot of people expect it to just make them invincible by default and don't realize where the true strength lies. If Enigma didn't have the Teleport attached to it, it'd be a pretty shitty runeword for the Jah/Ber investment.

Like how much do you want to bet new players see a white base Shako drop and think it's worth tons when Harlequin Crest is what "Shako" refers to and they end up looking like clowns in a trade window.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
And now we have the fun of both queueing for 30 mins or so to get in, followed by 'error in connection' when changing zones which kicks you back out to the character select screen. Been trying to get through Act 1 today and it's not been possible thanks to their shite servers. I mean, it's not like Blizzard has any experience when it comes to online games...

Game is as fun as it ever was, but the server experience is giving me severe buyer's remorse.

:killit:
Play SP. Mods are already on Nexus.

Learned
For damage, Ormus with top rolls and a facet, also with top rolls, is probably the best Sorc armor. For MF I'd say Skullder and Tal Rasha armor with ist or ptopaz are better than enigma for sorc. Tal Armor with the 3 piece bonus preferably from belt and amulet.

I remember sorcs using Enigma to equip a Monarch with less str points and more vitality. Felt like overkill at that time and still does.

Namutree

Savant
I would've preferred a remaster of Diablo 1. Not that I don't understand why they went with 2.

I will always enjoy the original Diablo more than it's "sequels".

Cael

Arcane
I would've preferred a remaster of Diablo 1. Not that I don't understand why they went with 2.

My problem with D1 was that when we played multiplayer, my buddy's Amazon always ended up shooting arrows out of her butt.

vota DC

Augur

My problem with D1 was that when we played multiplayer, my buddy's Amazon always ended up shooting arrows out of her butt.
No lightning bolts just like William Wallace?

Cael

Arcane

No lightning bolts just like William Wallace?
Not sure. It is possible if the Amazon casts lightning bolt, but that depends on whether there is a casting animation or not. I can't remember offhand. If there is no casting animation but the usual attack animation, then yes, she will be shooting lightning bolts out her arse.

It is a graphical glitch that turns up in multiplayer. The Amazon's default no weapon attack is to high kick someone in the face. The multiplayer somehow thinks that another person's Amazon is not wielding a weapon, and so displays her as high kicking on your screen when she attacks. If she actually has a bow and is shooting arrows, it will dutifully display the arrows flying out towards the enemy, resulting in arrows coming out of her butt.

Zeriel

Arcane

If you're a fan of Diablo 1 you'd want Blizzard to stay as far away from it as possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom