Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
15 attempts to get natural 20 to hit enemy with AC 90 is still two rounds for 1.5 hits on average.

But, blenders like Greybor and Regie can add 12-20 more.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Excited for legend to have double the attacks now, since it wasn't already strong enough :D
Well if Legend gets 8 base attacks thats insane, that will totally dwarf vital strike builds. Where did you get that info from?
They added it in the beta patch, beta patch came out of beta today. Legend was the best for tanking and dc casting and 40 CL BATTERING BLAST but it will probably be the best for martial dps now too

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Any build you make on a demon (with some minor exceptions with regards to kineticist) could be better done on another path.
What is this kineticist synergy?

I also like to go for few rests, in large part due to how annoying it is to apply all the buffs. It's not something I want to do more than once or twice per dungeon. But the game actually allows for a decent amount of resting, you can usually get 3 rests before the first penalty as long as you have someone with a good lore(religion). And most large dungeons contain a holy relic or two that will let you extend this to one or two more rests. I wonder if it would be fun to go "full blaster" playthrough and just not have any arcane casters or buffer and just focus on killing everything asap and then resting every few fights.

Got a question how non lich armies do in crusader mode? At some point you get to pick flavor for lich units and I went with vampire gimmick. I just stopped losing units. Got like 5k zeds 4k skeletons and 3-4k vampires.
They do a lot worse, and go a lot more slowly since you have to wait for recruits instead of just growing your army to insane size by attacking. Of course, the entire game mode is still made trivial by having a mage general.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just started playing a couple of days ago and now there's a 17GB patch. Cool, maybe it will download while I'm at work.

Game's good so far, only the HoMM minigame is kinda crap, but I expected as much. One thing that annoys me is that I got the trinket that projects an aura that makes your weapons cold iron and improves spell penetration for casters, but for some reason it has to be manually activated to work and it keeps deactivating itself. It deactivates in new areas, after loading a save, sometimes after dialogues or scene transitions. Why the hell doesn't it just work as long as it's equipped?

I also don't recommend the mythic perk that downgrades negative conditions to weaker versions, I got nauseated downgraded to sickened on one character and then that character got stuck with a permanent sickened condition I couldn't get rid of.

Anyone knows what additional enemy behavior does? I’m playing on core, but I turned it on because the AI can use any help it can get, and so far I’ve seen a couple of enemies use charge or sunder armor, is it just that?

Sharpedge

Prophet
At act 5 you get mythic 9 right at the end of mythic quest, for azata that was like 2 days into act 5, for Demon I heard you get 10 right at the start of the act. You get gold dragon at M8 too. I think it's a bit weird ranking late game paths alongside the ones you have to play the game with before lvl 18 M8... There isn't much reason to go for low rest too in this game (unless going for challenge run) so it's a weird way to power scale stuff I feel. That said I agree demon needs more rage/day - if anything for QoL.
Demon can get mythic rank 10 immediately, but demon's mythic ranks are almost entirely rage dependent and those last 2 mythic ranks are only slightly less underwhelming than the first 8. Demon does have the most path exclusive items of any path (including boots that add your perception to ranged attacks) so maybe if you take advantage of those you could end up with something quite strong, but if you are purely comparing its mythic powers to the other mythic paths it is one of the weaker ones, especially if you don't want to rest often. Legend can build a better DC based character at late game and Azata can build a better DC based character in the early game. Azata has better team synergy. Trickster makes a better martial character. Lich and Angel both make better blaster casters as well as better gishes, if you wish to go that route. Swarm allows you to make multiple copies of your main character and gives you so many immunities that its difficult to find enemies which can hurt you. Whilst Gold Dragon is not great, its stat buffs are not rage dependent and are going to be with you regardless of what you are doing. Aeon is in a similar position to Demon, but its edicts are arguably stronger than the rage powers in short bursts. The only class that you could argue Demon has more synergy with than other mythic paths is Kineticist and that is because Kineticist has nearly no synergy with other mythic paths.

Any build you make on a demon (with some minor exceptions with regards to kineticist) could be better done on another path.
What is this kineticist synergy?
While demonic rage is active, if you have the Aspect of Kalavakus and you are a kineticist, every CM attempt you make will give you an AoO. That includes CM attempts made by spells like Deadly Earth and Clouds.
I also like to go for few rests, in large part due to how annoying it is to apply all the buffs. It's not something I want to do more than once or twice per dungeon. But the game actually allows for a decent amount of resting, you can usually get 3 rests before the first penalty as long as you have someone with a good lore(religion). And most large dungeons contain a holy relic or two that will let you extend this to one or two more rests. I wonder if it would be fun to go "full blaster" playthrough and just not have any arcane casters or buffer and just focus on killing everything asap and then resting every few fights.
My preferences for limited resting is entirely self inflicted and has to do more with the fact that I like using buffs as infrequently as possible (similar to you). If you wish to rest spam, the game is more than generous.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
While demonic rage is active, if you have the Aspect of Kalavakus and you are a kineticist, every CM attempt you make will give you an AoO. That includes CM attempts made by spells like Deadly Earth and Clouds.

But you can't AoO with default range blasts in the game. Maybe it would work with the bow, but character needs hands free for Gather Power.
Or they changed implementation in Wrath?

Sharpedge

Prophet

But you can't AoO with default range blasts in the game. Maybe it would work with the bow, but character needs hands free for Gather Power.
Its not something I have personally tried because I have an intense dislike of playing kineticists, but I have been informed by people who do like playing kineticist that you can make those AoOs with a Kinetic Blade.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter

Its not something I have personally tried because I have an intense dislike of playing kineticists, but I have been informed by people who do like playing kineticist that you can make those AoOs with a Kinetic Blade.
It's not an aoo, it's an attack as a free action, so if you use bowling infusion to trip 15 demons you'll instantly attack each one in range as a free action.

Excited for legend to have double the attacks now, since it wasn't already strong enough :D
Well if Legend gets 8 base attacks thats insane, that will totally dwarf vital strike builds. Where did you get that info from?
They added it in the beta patch, beta patch came out of beta today. Legend was the best for tanking and dc casting and 40 CL BATTERING BLAST but it will probably be the best for martial dps now too
I thought CL was capped at 20 for legend pre beta (unless mods) Otherwise I would go fulll Kindred raised half elf overwhelming mage with arcane bloodline and just blast blast blast

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I thought CL was capped at 20 for legend pre beta (unless mods) Otherwise I would go fulll Kindred raised half elf overwhelming mage with arcane bloodline and just blast blast blast
Class level is capped at 20, not caster level. Start with wizard, grab the book in ineluctable prison that gives you 1d6 sneak attack, grab improved sneak attack feat, then unlock your extra 20 levels of legend and take 10 levels in arcane trickster and 10 in loremaster, boom 40 cl. Need to use prestige classes to increase your cl

OK Sohei 12/mutation warrior 20/Primalsit 8 (swap bloodline for 4 rage powers maybe) with dual wielding throwing axes will be even more hilarious now. 8+2(sohei)+1(kistrike)+1(haste)+3(TWF)+1(rapidshot)=16 attacks. 5 of which are at full BAB. At range.

Yosharian

Arcane
prophet.jpg

Also I found a way to get another 8 CHA on top of that so it's even more damage/AC/saves/AB now

Also note that the AC displayed there doesn't include some conditional sources. Full AC when I have all abilities activated is maybe 150

Additionally, there are a bunch of team bonuses that aren't there

Daidre

Arcane
Second small hotfix (~5 mb) have arrived, first was a couple of hours after patch. But there were no official statements on what they had patched.
*suspicion intensifies*

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3104662546548455962
Update 1.1.0k
Crusaders!

We’ve prepared a hot-fix for better crusading.

The issue fixed in version 1.1.0k is: in tactical battle, if a demon unit teleports, it teleports into the square occupied by your unit, and becomes untargetable. Now the demons will teleport as all proper demons should, and you will be able to avenge your fallen soldiers.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also, this - update to 1.1.0i (https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3104662546545552772):
Updated:

Sometimes enemies with multiple attacks can get stuck in turn-based mode. We've just fixed this with a hot fix.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
With the latest patch you can see in detail what your damage bonuses consist of in detail, just like AB and others, so the game is instantly at least 10% better now.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
With the latest patch you can see in detail what your damage bonuses consist of in detail, just like AB and others, so the game is instantly at least 10% better now.

You should also be able to see which scrolls are scribable from a little quill token on the corner of the scroll icon. It was added in the beta patch.

Daidre

Arcane
LOL, looks like Minagho have fallen prey to the bug that auto-fails her spells too.
She casts Fireball + Lightning Bolt in prologue but nothing happens:
9pL6sdO.png
She only casted Waves of Fatigue normally but maybe because it properly memorized in her Witch spellbook.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

It's not an aoo, it's an attack as a free action, so if you use bowling infusion to trip 15 demons you'll instantly attack each one in range as a free action.
How does that work? How can you use kinetic blade and deadly earth at the same time? It sounds fun though. If you use kinetic blade + bowling won't the free attack also trigger another trip, giving you infinite attacks?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
LOL, looks like Minagho have fallen prey to the bug that auto-fails her spells too.
She casts Fireball + Lightning Bolt in prologue but nothing happens:
9pL6sdO.png
She only casted Waves of Fatigue normally but maybe because it properly memorized in her Witch spellbook.

That started in the beta patch. Guess they haven't fixed it yet. :|
Some other weirdness of the beta patch also hasn't been resolved like the disappearance of the Rahadoum Faithless background. Probably no one cares but me anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom