Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Curratum

Is anyone else having massive issues with the Steam store these last 2-3 days?

More than half the day, I can't access the store.steampowered domain in any form - Steam client, browser tab, even the mobile app. Is my ISP shitting the bed big time, or is Steam's CDN messing up? This is starting to really annoy me.

EMLktg5.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
Delisted from the STORE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even those that do not own the games yet can still get 'em even after the delisting goes into effect. You can't find them by searching normally through the store, but the store page link is still accessible if you know it. Pretty sure that's how it is with the original version of Skyrim anyway.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Delisted from the STORE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even those that do not own the games yet can still get 'em even after the delisting goes into effect. You can't find them by searching normally through the store, but the store page link is still accessible if you know it. Pretty sure that's how it is with the original version of Skyrim anyway.

I can access the OG Skyrim store page, and there's recent reviews from people saying stuff like "Fuck you Todd, I still bought this version", so I guess this is correct. HOWEVER, apparently you can't get the DLCs for this version.
Edit: Same seems to be the case for Bioshock 1/2 and for Deus Ex.

Mitleser2020

Scholar

But muh convenient I just have to download again digital games collection.

They're not removed from your Library, where you can download them again. They just stop being sold on the store:
MPBRqDr.jpg

This is more concerning, as it's actually altering the game via Patch years later, and directly impacts its quality:
https://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Back-Steam-Nearly-10-Songs-Removed-50206.html

Rockstar Nexus laid out a more complete list of songs removed from the re-released version of GTA: Vice City, which is now more RIAA friendly. The songs removed from the game are as follows:

· Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"

I bought and installed Vice City during one of the recent sales and was greeted by this song at the start of the game.

What happened? Did they solve the licensing issue later in a better way?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/upcoming_events

Steam Halloween Sale | Oct 28 - Nov 1, 2021
Join the Halloween Sale, with a special focus on content updates and in-game events in celebration of the theme. Resources for more information regarding the Halloween discount event and related promotional opportunities are now available. No registration required!

Steam Autumn Sale | Nov 24 - 30, 2021
Resources for more information regarding this Autumn discount event and Steam Awards nominations are coming soon. No registration required!

Steam Winter Sale | Dec 22, 2021 - Jan 5, 2022
Resources for more information regarding this Winter discount event and Steam Awards voting are coming soon. No registration required!

Codex Year of the Donut
Delisted from the STORE
image.png

m_s0

Arcane
Delisted from the STORE
GTA in this case isn't delisted - it's no longer sold. So the page remains up, but you can't buy it. Delisting means the game page is completely inaccessible - doesn't matter if you have the link or even if you bought the game prior to the delisting. You're still able to play it, but you can't access that page even then.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Psychonauts 2 celebrates its 2-month anniversary... by having a 25%-discount.

I'd hold out for a bigger discount if I were you.

EDIT: Grammar corrected.

Last edited:

Curratum

Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it.

I have been playing nothing but simracing titles for the past two months, even bought an ancient ffb wheel and pedals to play with.

Autismobilista 2 is on sale, base game is 50% off, down to 18 EUR.

But I'm the sort of OCD retard that feels there's a hole in my soul when I don't have all the content. The bundle deal with the full content pass (not a season pass but a "2.5 years of extra content" pass) is 81 EUR. I have 77 EUR wallet stored up, because I had hoped I would already be preordering Elden Ring at this point, and now they delayed it and pissed me off. And all of this content for AMS2...

:negative:

Retardo

Learned

Halloween sale over weekend, is dis gaem gud?

Good build crafting, basically dnd 3.5 with some improvements, decent graphics, some of the characters and subplots are interesting enough to care.
Everything else ranges from mediocre to bad, as in shitty game design, annoying enemy encounters, boring/obnoxious dungeons and infuriating kingdom management minigame surpassed only by even more trash-y HoMM clone in their new pathfinder.

Sykar

Arcane
Pondering if I should get the Realms of Arkania HD games. Got the originals on GoG. ERYFKRAD ?
Alternativly maybe Pillars of Eternity+White Run maybe? Though I read that Mr UbarBalance Josh Saywer took all the fun out of a BG spiritual successor game.

Damn it. If Sinking City was 80% off again like last time I'd buy it this time around. GABENNNNNNNNNNNN :argh:

Not much grabbing my eye, mostly in the "Interested in this but not for the price" range. Oh well.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pondering if I should get the Realms of Arkania HD games. Got the originals on GoG. ERYFKRAD ?
Alternativly maybe Pillars of Eternity+White Run maybe? Though I read that Mr UbarBalance Josh Saywer took all the fun out of a BG spiritual successor game.
I dunno, sounds cool.

passerby

Arcane
Delisted from the STORE
image.png

The only way to get on Steam games removed from the store are key resellers, you can activate keys if there are any still floating around.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Halloween sale ultra shit for anyone else as well? I had weekend sales with more deeply reduced games before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom