Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God of War reboot - now on PC

Visperas

Augur
So, how's the actual gameplay here? Is it worth playing if you know most of the story and the plot twist?

Sentinel

Arcane
So, how's the actual gameplay here? Is it worth playing if you know most of the story and the plot twist?
There's nothing new here. Third person action game. Light attack, heavy attack, dodge roll, 2 (or was it 3?) weapons, like 6 enemies total, enemies are pretty passive. Pretty boring overall.

Machocruz

Arcane
I played a bit on Hard on PSNow, and enemies didn't seem passive on that difficulty. Was pretty rough at times, but not in a good way like Ninja Gaiden. Aggression + health bloat = tedium.

Ash

Arcane
I enjoy polished cinematic action games to some extent: The original 3 GoW games, Resident Evil 4, Max Payne, The Punisher, Metal Gear Solid 3, Far Cry 4, Dead Space

Those games have typically straightforward yet acceptable gameplay. Some are even declined a little. But this game crosses that threshold of inanity; unbearably dumbed down mangina shit indeed.

In its credit it is not piss-easy on higher difficulty modes, the combat anyway, but if a game is dumbed down over even old GoW it's definitely crossing an unacceptable threshold.

Terenty

Liturgist
A poster child for Sony AAA drivel.

Seriously, it might as well sport "approved by corporate suits for mindless consumption" banner on it's box

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
n5qipg3NMqFLmuvoWf8Htm-970-80.jpg

Cassar

Savant

very small snippet of 4k, PC, mouse and keyboard gameplay. Pretty wild how graphically dated this looks after a relatively short amount of time

Perkel

Arcane
It is ps4 game which has 7850+ gpu in it and jaguar 8 cores.

PanDupa

Educated
I liked the original trilogy, played both original PS2 games and the remasters on PS3. Tried this one for couple of hours, wasn't same, it feels like completly different game, coudn't even managed to finish it. Hate this game from all of my heart as it killed God of War franchise for me

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I liked the original trilogy, played both original PS2 games and the remasters on PS3. Tried this one for couple of hours, wasn't same, it feels like completly different game, coudn't even managed to finish it. Hate this game from all of my heart as it killed God of War franchise for me
You'll go far here, hating new things.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The game looked good, throwing the axe was fun and all, and listening to the head's stories while traveling on the boat was somewhat interesting, but it baffles me how a game solely focused on combat like this can get away with having exactly FOUR "boss" enemies reskinned 8 times each. I'm not even exaggerating here, there are FOUR bosses.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The game looked good, throwing the axe was fun and all, and listening to the head's stories while traveling on the boat was somewhat interesting, but it baffles me how a game solely focused on combat like this can get away with having exactly FOUR "boss" enemies reskinned 8 times each. I'm not even exaggerating here, there are FOUR bosses.
It's a cinematic narrative experience. I never really noticed, bosses were just a speedbump for more narrative. :M

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's a cinematic narrative experience. I never really noticed, bosses were just a speedbump for more narrative. :M
If it's a cinematic narrative experience, then why do those 5 hours of cutscenes come attached to additional 20 hours of gameplay?

But yeah, the reskins are very subtle and hard to notice:

unt1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom