Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Select screen leaked:

Multiversus%20z%20pokazem%20ekranu%20wyboru%20postaci.jpg

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Poor batman, caught between the twin fandoms of steven universe and rick and morty, a fate i would not wish on my worst enemies.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/mortal-kombat-12-netherrealm-studios-ps5-xbox-series-x-leak/

Mortal Kombat 12 has seemingly been leaked by a developer on the game. Last year, rumors surfaced claiming that contrary to popular belief, NettherRealm Studios was not working on Injustice 3, but Mortal Kombat 12. Fast-forward and a new photo seems to confirm this. The image comes the way of Jonathan Andersen, a Senior Production Manager at the Chicago-based studio. Taking to Twitter, Andersen tweeted a photo of what appears to be his workspace cluttered with Injustice and Mortal Kombat artwork. That said, if you look in the top right corner, there's a file on the computer titled "MK12_Mast..." There are also other Mortal Kombat files like "Reptile."

The tweet has since been deleted, but not before the Internet got its receipt. And parts of the Internet actually think it's a deliberate leak, which aren't common, but they do happen. The main reason some Mortal Kombat fans think this is the email that's in the background, which contains the following: "our fans eagerly scrape the internet for any trace." It also says to "take extra care with this material." It's all a little bit on the nose.

a.jpg

b.png

As noted, the tweet with the image has since been deleted and there's been no follow-up from Andersen, NetherRealm Studios, WB Games, or any other implicated party. No matter whether or not this is a deliberate leak, this is unlikely to change. That said, if it's a deliberate leak, then an official announcement could be imminent.

As always, we will keep you updated as the situation evolves. In the meantime, take everything here -- the leak, and the speculation it has created -- with a grain of salt. While there's little room to doubt the validity of the leak, it's still a leak and not 100 percent official information straight from WB Games PR. Speaking of WB Games PR, we have reached out for a comment. While we wait for information, it's important to remember that NRS -- in particular, its creative director, Ed Boon -- has a reputation for trolling fans. This could be another elaborate example of this, but it seems unlikely.

If Mortal Kombat 12 is the studio's next game, it's bad news for Injustice fans. The Chicago-based team is a one-game studio, meaning they work on one project at a time. So, if Mortal Kombat 12 is their next game, it would mean Injustice 3 is at least a few years away, assuming that MK12 is on the horizon. The wait will be even longer if it isn't.

Poseidon00

Arcane
MK11 just wasn't as good as MKX and far behind Injustice 2. The things they did right with the Krypt and special move lists and customization aren't enough to offset the inferior gameplay.

I put more hours than I otherwise would have into MK11 just because it was possible to be the Raiden from the MK1 movie, complete with voice acting.

Silverfish

Arbiter
I don't even want a new Netherrealm game at this point. A remake of Deception would be kino.

Ideally they really lean into Marvel vs DC being a crossover between what has historically been comic book companies. Use those WB connections to get someone like Bruce Timm, have comic book onomatopoeia on attacks...going for something realistic looking just seems like the most boring way of going about a Marvel vs DC crossover. It'd also just be cool to see Bruce Timm's art brought to life in a video game in the same kind of manner Arc System Works has been doing in games like KILL la KILL, Guilty Gear, DBZF, and Granblue Fantasy Versus.

G_2pNBYOIyGbY5HPedRLlCHwLefnDdR59AZRZI-28U8.jpg

Getting someone like Art Adams or Adam Kubert would be cool too.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
going for something realistic looking just seems like the most boring way of going about a Marvel vs DC crossover.
If such game happens, you bet your ass that's what they would go for
But I doubt since DC and Marvel don't really like to mix - even Busiek's cool crossover was very uncertain if it was going to happen

Also is that really Bruce's Timm's artwork?
Didn't know he liked Marvel...

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Last i heard, Bruce Timm was considered persona non gratis because of the killing joke animation which is why i gave a fabulously optimistic rating, the kind of devs who made a moral grandstand about female costumes sure af won’t prop up that dude’s work in current year.

Caim

Arcane
Last i heard, Bruce Timm was considered persona non gratis because of the killing joke animation which is why i gave a fabulously optimistic rating, the kind of devs who made a moral grandstand about female costumes sure af won’t prop up that dude’s work in current year.
They didn't boot him over the Batman/Batgirl sex scene?

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Don’t think he was fired or anything like that, as DJOs link shows, since he is still the top dude when it comes to making quality dc animations and that keeps him from being sacrificed to the mob, but i imagine he had some stern lecturing from his bosses, not to mention whatever social media harassment he got from the usual crazies.

But yeah a videogame would be risky to attach to him because it would be way too easy for journos to write articles about how problematic the man and his influence is aswell as provide easy fodder for twitterites to pearl clutch over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom