Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sharpedge

Prophet
My experience solo has probably been very different to Daidre since I have almost exclusively been playing casters. I definitely needed to rest more as a result, but I suspect that in grey garrison (and after act 1) I probably had an easier time as a result of this.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This one I did not get. Can this background cast scrolls without a UMD check?
No, but it helps to get to 6-10 UMD mark (not many classes had got it as a class skill), so character is able to cast DC 25-28 scrolls at least out of combat after some failures. Big thing for some of my martial chars who does not have their own spellbook and always need UMD check for scrolls.

volklore

Arcane
This one I did not get. Can this background cast scrolls without a UMD check?
No, but it helps to get to 6-10 UMD mark (not many classes had got it as a class skill), so character is able to cast DC 25-28 scrolls at least out of combat after some failures. Big thing for some of my martial chars who does not have their own spellbook and always need UMD check for scrolls.
Ah I see. So it's not a bug that scrolls don't disappear when used from inventory after failing the UMD checks. Not sure i'd have the patience to wait for a success.

Mortmal

Arcane
This is what happens when you spend 10 years here :mixedemotions:
Gve50Li.png

Sadly, things like this are bound to happen while we continue to seriously miss buttons for "twatwaffle", "grifter", and "shpadoinkle".

Unfortunately I had to make my profile private and turn off reaction alerts this retard was stalking me for days lol

Its good that instead of complaing about the game you came back and finally enjoy yourself +M
Not at all , since you like those ratings so much , for each time you give me one i give you ten, you'll never win that battle of autism kid. You can run but you cant hide, profile off doesnt help, you should rather apologize and cease fire...Stop the stupid rating stuff and i'll stop it too.

EDit: One sec , one sec only after i posted this he rated cuck, and rejected the ceasefire. Who's stalking who ?

Sunri

Liturgist
This is what happens when you spend 10 years here :mixedemotions:
Gve50Li.png

Sadly, things like this are bound to happen while we continue to seriously miss buttons for "twatwaffle", "grifter", and "shpadoinkle".

Unfortunately I had to make my profile private and turn off reaction alerts this retard was stalking me for days lol

Its good that instead of complaing about the game you came back and finally enjoy yourself +M
Not at all , since you like those ratings so much , for each time you give me one i give you ten, you'll never win that battle of autism kid. You can run but you cant hide, profile off doesnt help, you should rather apologize and cease fire...Stop the stupid rating stuff and i'll stop it too.

How about you help improve the community and hang yourself? :M

Ziggy

Scholar
bros just beat tavern defense on core. quite a lot of dudes got greased up it was honestly kind of obscene

whats a good party comp for my barbarian demon run? can i get away with just two melee dudes, including mc, and no animals? want to keep cam, neenio, ember and wendu around, as i mostly ignored them on my first run. so how do i round out this bunch

Sunri

Liturgist
bros just beat tavern defense on core. quite a lot of dudes got greased up it was honestly kind of obscene

whats a good party comp for my barbarian demon run? can i get away with just two melee dudes, including mc, and no animals? want to keep cam, neenio, ember and wendu around, as i mostly ignored them on my first run. so how do i round out this bunch

If you're playing on core you can do whatever you want, Niño and ember will clear most late game encounters

Ghulgothas

Arcane

Regill ought be enough to round you out.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Based on alignment this would be your recommended party:

• Camellia
  • Wenduag
  • Woljif
  • Daeran
  • Arueshalae
Aditional Notes: Aru needs to be persuaded to stay.

Delterius

Arcane
Edit: But I had not tried to do it with Sorc/Wiz yet. My dream build is illusion focused Silvan Sorc with Second Bloodline Arcane, but somethings is always broken in some part of that one(
Amazing taste my good fren. Sylvan Sorcerer is outrageously comfy from level 1. The coolest thing too is that 1.1 made it so you can now mount up and cast spells in real time with no loss of rounds.

My greatest mental block when playing Sorcerer in Wrath is the metamagic slowdown. In Kingmaker it didn't really matter, you could still beat enemy saves by just targeting their weakness. But in Wrath I see myself spamming Bolster Magic quite often. Like, every round in real time in some cases. How do you deal with that? Is it less frustrating than it sounds?

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My greatest mental block when playing Sorcerer in Wrath is the metamagic slowdown. In Kingmaker it didn't really matter, you could still beat enemy saves by just targeting their weakness. But in Wrath I see myself spamming Bolster Magic quite often. Like, every round in real time in some cases. How do you deal with that? Is it less frustrating than it sounds?

Main reason why I wanted to go Azata for this one - free Persistent metamagic on everything from the early ch3 with Favorable magic. It is still annoying enough that I would have went with prepared caster for the more nuking inclined caster, like AT, who is meant to spam rays each round.

But going super-illusionist means that only thing left to do after landing Phantasmal Web/Putrefaction once is a basic clean up for the cavalry/archers. And there is no clean up after Wierd enters the picture.
Movement rules is also much more lax in RTwP. I often keep AI off (to clean up action query) for my pure caster so they could reposition + instantly start full round spell without hitch.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
What are the requirements to meet the fuggin skele merchant? so far I met him only once during Act V and I have been running the global map for months and can't trigger it (to be fair Kingmaker had the same issue in Act VI, could not actually meet him).

Sunri

Liturgist
What are the requirements to meet the fuggin skele merchant? so far I met him only once during Act V and I have been running the global map for months and can't trigger it (to be fair Kingmaker had the same issue in Act VI, could not actually meet him).
It's random, but they nerfed chances to meet him before he was blocking me every 5 steps now he's almost impossible to find

:necro:

Efe

Erudite
all we needed was the button to say "no" to merchant, which actually existed in-game but for some arcane reason wasnt available most of the time

Sunri

Liturgist
all we needed was the button to say "no" to merchant, which actually existed in-game but for some arcane reason wasnt available most of the time
This is already fixed you can ignore him but they nerfed him anyway

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
OMG. Played a bit today to test and OwlCat still din't fixed Ice Prison :despair:

I wanna play as a Azata Cryomancer but OwlCat never fixes this spell which worked fine in Kingmaker.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I read somewhere that it's at least partially based on your stealth check when camping. i.e. if you get a high stealth roll a random encounter is more likely to be replaced with the skellie. No idea if it's true though.

purupuru

Learned
I'm surprised they still haven't fixed oracle's curse not working when you don't pick oracle/stigmatized witch at level one, give how every bandwagoner pajama tank is dipping in stigmatized witch.

Mauman

Learned
I read somewhere that it's at least partially based on your stealth check when camping. i.e. if you get a high stealth roll a random encounter is more likely to be replaced with the skellie. No idea if it's true though.

Does this game check everybody's stealth for random encounters or something? I got one character with REALLY high stealth but I almost always get ambushed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom