Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
SW-intoxicated-trip-n-hurl.gif

Don't drink and spacewalk!

If you are intoxicated and roll a critical FOCUS failure on surface change (e.g. broken tile), you trip over and hurl through the space.

• It cannot happen outside (because you are extra cautious).
  • After a fall, you get a cooldown/grace period before the next check (because the fall sobers you up for a moment).
  • Yes, it can happen in combat.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

If you are intoxicated and roll a critical FOCUS failure on surface change (e.g. broken tile), you trip over and hurl through the space.

• After a fall, you get a cooldown/grace period before the next check (because the fall sobers you up for a moment).
Can non-player units be affected too?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Can non-player units be affected too?

Ooooh! Good question, I should try it out!

Technically this behavior is for any character and "hero" is just a character you control.

Make a quest when you make your enemies drunk before the battle and then battle them. Best C&C ever.
Make it so that tricking only enemies to drink requires some certain action/stat or player have fight too while drunk.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This looks very soulful. Any plans to publish on Gog? I'd prefer to not use Steam.

Yeah, Steam is freaking dangerous.

This year I resurrected my Steam account (used it only for Rome 2: Total War before) to basically buy 4 rpgs that were not on GOG.

Three months later I had 101 new games on my account and a drained credit card.

Fuck Steam!

glances at my 2000+ game library

Ahem.

Yeah.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
SW-intoxicated-talk.gif

If you are drunk when talking to an NPC, you get an additional dialog option - an insult.

While usually, this will close any future conversations with the person, it grants you a temporary confidence boost in form of a bonus of 5 maxHP. While it may not sound much, remember, some characters start off with 9 maxHP, so it's not nothing.

Why did we add this?
1) Look what you are saying - if you are drunk, your impulse control is lower and you may accidentally piss some people off. This is essentially it.
2) Sometimes you just want to say something insulting to another person. Because it's funny, because you can or because you hate the guy - does not matter.
3) This +5 maxHP mechanic might work well with certain character builds adding to the overall diversity.

P.S.
Of course, you have to be confident and not ugly to even get to a point where you spit out your insult.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer

There are a lot of mechanics in Space Wreck but you don't have to use or even learn about them to enjoy the game. That's why there isn't really a tutorial for that. But I still wanted to at least give a hint to players what kind of options they have.

Because our loading screen was not doing much, I added a roster of Did you know... type of hints like many other games do. However, every tip has a nice, short clip (GIF) associated - over the years I've created quite a selection. I think this is subtle enough and sort of entertains you while the game is loading.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

I swear this happened to me once,i was drunk, fell suddenly on the other side of the room like i was hurling trougj zero G with such forceful momentum.

Trithne

Erudite
wat

I mean, this could be the reason why my wishlists have plummeted recently. Something might be wrong with my tags or smth.

Did you tag it with "Sexual Content"? I've noticed Steam saying "Based on your playtime in Sexual Content games" and I don't have any games that should have that tag

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
wat

I mean, this could be the reason why my wishlists have plummeted recently. Something might be wrong with my tags or smth.

Did you tag it with "Sexual Content"? I've noticed Steam saying "Based on your playtime in Sexual Content games" and I don't have any games that should have that tag

Well, there's this

upload_2021-10-30_16-59-54.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
wat

Well, there's this

View attachment 21388

No one cares about 2D pixellated stuff and fade-to-black dialogue sex. Don't be autistic about some rules.

lightbane

Arcane
This is looking more and more like classic Fallout 1 and 2 IN SPACE (TM), complete with an equivalent to low Int gameplay. Shame the graphics outside of conversations are "eh". Could be worse, at least you're not using fake pixel crap. Also, the TONS of gameplay options are staggering and impressive so far.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
This is looking more and more like classic Fallout 1 and 2 IN SPACE (TM), complete with an equivalent to low Int gameplay. Shame the graphics outside of conversations are "eh". Could be worse, at least you're not using fake pixel crap. Also, the TONS of gameplay options are staggering and impressive so far.

It's not just classic Fallout.

It's like the next Arcanum.

Except instead of just being a clone of the old, it takes the design principles that made Fallout and Arcanum great and pushes them further ahead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom