Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPGs have you played in the last 7 days?

In the last 7 days..

• I have played RPGs

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • I only pretend to like RPGs

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nobre

Cipher
Diablo 2 1.07. Connoisseurs will recognise this version as the earliest, hardest, most bug-ridden version of LOD, with some real potential for crazy items.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Currently replaying ATOM at a relaxed pace to see the added Dead City content and have a character to import a couple of months down the line when Trudograd gets all the revision passes done.

• Avernum: Escape from the pit - thoroughly fucking loved it. Got around 25 hours in and fucked my party build up by experimenting, so putting it to one side now and restarting in a few weeks.

Same here! I'm about 40 hours in.

You ever play the original Exile: Escape from the Pit? That was my first RPG. I haven't played it in forever, so this has been a nice blast from the past.
A while ago I replayed Exile 3 and the first Geneforge but ended up dropping them two thirds through; once the knot begins to unravel they feel very predictable, and the combat is just too boring to push through it. A shame because I do consider them excellent rpgs nonetheless.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been sort of floating around a variety of games as I pray for Owlcats to quit breaking shit as they patch through Wrath of the Righteous... Only listing things that I played at least an hour over the past week. I'm sort of in a weird phase where I basically want to be playing Wrath, but they keep breaking shit that I want to use, so I'm looking for something else to catch my attention enough in the meantime (or for them to quit breaking shit).

Pathfinder Kingmaker
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
Trials of Fire
Dungeon Encounters
Voice of Cards demo
Wasteland 3
TOME

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Bit busy now.
Played mainly some Urtuk and checked out new char creation in CoQ.
Dunno if poking around in Syndicate and Bounty Train counts.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I play several RPGs at a time, slowly working thru them all. It takes me time to finish something but I like to savor the journey rather than just finish things. Right now I'm playing:

Grimoire: Heralds Of The Winged Exemplar
Phantasie 1 (Apple II)
Sea Dogs: City Of Abandoned Ships
DUNGEON ENCOUNTERS
Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut
Swords And Sorcery: Underworld
and a wee little bit of Tangledeep here and there

So yeah, having a blast with all of em! :D Hope u guys are enjoying some cool RPGs too. Take care! <3

Red Hexapus

Learned
Finished Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut. Haven't played the game since release, after replaying I think it's mediocre. Remembered the "press the button to choose ending", still think it's stupid.

Also not RPG but played a bit of Crusader Kings 2.

Arbaces

Novice
Been testing out Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Okay game I guess, feels like it was made for mobilephones though.
I was just playing the original campaign (it's linear, turn-based popamole) and felt this as well. So I looked at the kickstarter pitch and at least they were honest about it in the word ordering. Emphasis mine:
Shadowrun Returns brings back one of our most original & cherished game settings as a 2D turn-based RPG for tablets & PC.

curds

Magister
Salt and Sanctuary. It's awesome.
I'm playing this, too. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's awesome, but it's certainly very decent.

I'm also playing Dark Souls 2, nearing the end.

I have Pathfinder: Kingmaker installed but not sure if I'll play yet.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Avadon, Serpent in the Staglands, Outer Worlds, Deus Ex are some of the games I remember losing all the excitement for after a couple of hours.
Try out Bloodlines, if you haven't. I think it's the more accessible of these games. Roll a Tremere and go all in on Thaumaturgy.

. Okay game I guess, feels like it was made for mobilephones though.
Oh yeah. The interface doesn't help either. Stick with it though. It has an intriguing story to tell about politics, dragons, fallen heroes, and wyrm talk.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Tried Cyberpunk but my 980 struggles too much. Been playing Dragon's Dogma probably the best action RPG, not that it has much to beat. I got my Halloween spooks from Secret World / Legends, that game is a pity. Gaming is in bad shape I'd say.

Divine Blessing

Scholar
sobriety 2021

this sober feeling of RPG-emptiness is a relieve. finally free from this constant reflection on build, gear and party optimisation in Pathfinder 2, while the narrative interpretation condenses like her smile on my libido. i tend to recognize kkKodex as self-help-group for digital crack, as often my intention (to scroll Kodex) exclusively is to find reasons to stay sober and focused (on the great things in life) - kkKodex really is a premium contraceptive.

the latest favorite quest thread on Kodex left me irritated, as i, RPG since Wasteland (1), dont have a favorite quest. rlly, i cant recall any quests i played in those 35+years(, but the narrative).
as for most of my relations iam usually happy, when they r over. so y i keep on? cuz the magic...

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've been playing Dark Souls 3 pretty steadily this last week. I'm still early in, as a couple of days ago I got carried by some winged monsters to some ruins where a crowd of pilgrims met their end. The blend of bleak grimness, ruined cities, and sunlit wilderness while your character walks through a field of dead pilgrims; pilgrims that were devoted enough to make the trip, but they failed because the road in front of them was destroyed and blind faith couldn't cross them over to their destination... There are stunning moments in this game that truly stick with you.

I've also did a handful of sessions of Rance 8 when I only have a little bit of time to kill (quests are quite short and it's the kind of game that's a bit grindy).

I've also did on ops check on the following games since I'm about to go on a work trip for a few days and I'm bringing the laptop along:

- Grimoire (installed on Steam)
- Empire of the Faded Suns (worked off of GOG download)
- Dark Disciples I (deleted, couldn't get it running properly)
- Bunny Black 3 (worked from Windows 7 with an interface patch)
- BattleTech: The Crescent Hawks Inception (DOSBox... will be playing this starting Monday)
- Omega (DOSBox)

Ysaye

Arbiter
My current playing list:
  • Wizardry 8 - playing with four characters (Dracon Fighter, Human Thief, Faerie Bard, Elven Bishop), just entered Arnika, saved Vi and just wandering around getting strategies up and working.
  • Betrayal at Krondor - Near the end of Chapter 1 just trying to collect everything and build up skills, but wondering if it is worth the grinding?
  • Tales of Arise - Just before the fifth Lord battle and I have had enough; there is so much of the plot which is sort of random and I was waiting for things to start making sense but yep I can't be bothered waiting to find out what happens once they are all beaten....and if I am going to play an action RPG I think I would rather just wait for Elden Ring in February.
  • Monomyth Demo - Have been playing a bit of this but I don't really want to get too into it until (a) the full thing is released and (b) I get a Steam Deck or some PC that is a lot better than my current machine.
And not a game but I have been trying to make parallax first person movement animation in the vein of Obitus, a game I have never played but I like the kind of movement system, doing this using aesprite.

I am still debating whether I should pick up Dungeon Encounters or not? - it looks like a minimalist dungeon crawler that I would enjoy but the fact that they have rock versions of classical music as the base music might drive me a bit crazy. Waiting for Trails of Azure official english version to release, also Skald, Monomyth and Elden Ring.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Completed Dark Sun: Shattered Lands less than two weeks ago, but have been playing a non-RPG since then.

ggeKe6t.png

vibehunter

Learned
My current playing list:
  • Wizardry 8 - playing with four characters (Dracon Fighter, Human Thief, Faerie Bard, Elven Bishop), just entered Arnika, saved Vi and just wandering around getting strategies up and working.
  • Betrayal at Krondor - Near the end of Chapter 1 just trying to collect everything and build up skills, but wondering if it is worth the grinding?
  • Tales of Arise - Just before the fifth Lord battle and I have had enough; there is so much of the plot which is sort of random and I was waiting for things to start making sense but yep I can't be bothered waiting to find out what happens once they are all beaten....and if I am going to play an action RPG I think I would rather just wait for Elden Ring in February.
  • Monomyth Demo - Have been playing a bit of this but I don't really want to get too into it until (a) the full thing is released and (b) I get a Steam Deck or some PC that is a lot better than my current machine.
And not a game but I have been trying to make parallax first person movement animation in the vein of Obitus, a game I have never played but I like the kind of movement system, doing this using aesprite.

I am still debating whether I should pick up Dungeon Encounters or not? - it looks like a minimalist dungeon crawler that I would enjoy but the fact that they have rock versions of classical music as the base music might drive me a bit crazy. Waiting for Trails of Azure official english version to release, also Skald, Monomyth and Elden Ring.

You might as well use the Geofront fan translation for Zero/Azure, since NISA is collaborating with them on the official localization. I imagine there won’t be much difference.

I used it and it’s mostly good, with the occasional weird insertion of modern slang where it doesn’t seem to belong.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Farming Simulator 19 is really good. They got the whole role play as a farmer down pat as you can be a crop or animal farmer. There is the option to do both if you're up to the challenge.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom