Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

cw8

Cipher
Completed my first run on Core as pure Scaled Fist Monk/Angel, 250 hours minus about 20 hours or so AFK = 230 hours. Going Arcanist/Loremaster?/Azata next. I like this ending slide the most, heh:

noticula.jpg

Mauman

Learned
Completed my first run on Core as pure Scaled Fist Monk/Angel, 250 hours minus about 20 hours or so AFK = 230 hours. Going Arcanist/Loremaster?/Azata next. I like this ending slide the most, heh:

noticula.jpg

And I hate it the most.

It's forced/nonsensical "redemption" at it's finest. With a big ole helping of Karma Houdini for dessert.

It's everything wrong with Hal times a thousand.

edit - I use the term redemption here loosely. Redemption is SUPPOSED to have two very vital requirements - self-sacrifice and atonement. This bucket of diarrhea "pathfinder lore" has neither of those. And that's why I consider it to be complete and total shit.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
How can you reach caster level 40? I mean, picking a class + prestige would't give CL 40 and most spells doesn't scale past lv 20. Polar Ray for eg, scale up to 25.

You take two prestige classes, arcane trickster and loremaster.
This doesn't work in vanilla, caster level is locked to 20 maximum. The only way to do this is to use Toy Box to unlock it.

Apparently it works correctly if you use Toy Box but I haven't tested it myself

Meredoth

volklore

Arcane
A creature can break the ice as a full-round action with a successful Strength check (DC 15 + your caster level).
From https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/icy-prison/

The DC of breaking the ice depends on the caster level only. Nothing else can change that.

I know. As I've said "DC of this spell should be 15 + caster level ,not merely caster level"

In Kingmaker, it was 15 + Caster Level. Element Focus, Spell focus and spell specialization can increase the DC.
In Wrath, it is just caster level. No +15. Nothing can increase the DC. And Favorable magic doesn't work either.
Favorable magic would not work as is anyways. Favorable magic only affects the saves triggered on spellcast, not saves triggered by the spells in subsequent rounds. It works similarly for phantasmal putrefaction for example. It might be intended.

Tsubutai

Educated
Despite my better judgement, I did Enigma again on this run.
How exactly do you solve the central puzzle with the alternative solution? I understand you need to put the green crystals in the center and the blue ones on the outside, but I spent almost half a day running over the symbols and nothing happened when pushing the button.:?
You step on the last symbol (in the clockwise direction) of each group of five, then activate the central button.

Tsubutai

Educated
How exactly do you solve the central puzzle with the alternative solution? I understand you need to put the green crystals in the center and the blue ones on the outside, but I spent almost half a day running over the symbols and nothing happened when pushing the button.:?
You step on the last symbol (in the clockwise direction) of each group of five, then activate the central button.
Tried it, doesn't work.
Sorry, my bad - it's the second symbol in each group for the secret area.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Tried it, doesn't work.

It's not the last symbol, its the penultimate.

Aarwolf

Learned
What about Caiden or whatever, drunkards god, seems okay.

He's cool if you do the trickster path, he gives you some wacky gifts like free beeer here and there, you also have some buffs for the tavern defence.

Crazy bard needs to be beaten few times, and needs trickster path to hire her, and she is usable only if you are into hobbits.

If you're talking about Nurah then sadly, no. You can't hire her, she just appears two times iirc and do some stuff for you. Missed opportunity for a companion, she's as un-Linzie as you can get. I'd trade her for Nenio any day.

Speaking of Nenio - I finally grasped what's wrong with her for me, I just feel like she's badly written DLC companion. Her quest has almost nothing to do with the main quest, she has no reason to be on the crusade and her final dungeon is completely out of place in the game's scheme of things. If you do or do not her quest, no one has anything to say obout it, it has zero meaning to your party or the crusade. She's someones nerdy insert into the game and not a good one - something way off the lines and tonaly different like Beemdog's companions to Baldur's Gate or Tallis in DA2.

Thonius

Arcane
What about Caiden or whatever, drunkards god, seems okay.

He's cool if you do the trickster path, he gives you some wacky gifts like free beeer here and there, you also have some buffs for the tavern defence.

Crazy bard needs to be beaten few times, and needs trickster path to hire her, and she is usable only if you are into hobbits.

If you're talking about Nurah then sadly, no. You can't hire her, she just appears two times iirc and do some stuff for you. Missed opportunity for a companion, she's as un-Linzie as you can get. I'd trade her for Nenio any day.

Speaking of Nenio - I finally grasped what's wrong with her for me, I just feel like she's badly written DLC companion. Her quest has almost nothing to do with the main quest, she has no reason to be on the crusade and her final dungeon is completely out of place in the game's scheme of things. If you do or do not her quest, no one has anything to say obout it, it has zero meaning to your party or the crusade. She's someones nerdy insert into the game and not a good one - something way off the lines and tonaly different like Beemdog's companions to Baldur's Gate or Tallis in DA2.
Well, kitsunes were Kickstarter's goal. Speaking of which Kickstarter tiers, like... when they were cool? Dragon Path, Swarm last time I heard got like 0 content. Dismemberment is kinda cool tho.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How can you reach caster level 40? I mean, picking a class + prestige would't give CL 40 and most spells doesn't scale past lv 20. Polar Ray for eg, scale up to 25.

This doesn't work in vanilla, caster level is locked to 20 maximum. The only way to do this is to use Toy Box to unlock it.

Meredoth

Most spells are capped to caster level = 20. Those who can go above caster lv 20 are very few and most of then require a mythic path like Lich. Legend is amazing for martial classes. IDK if a lv 20 caster/lv 20 martial who uses spells to support his melee can work but I never saw a good legend caster build.

Sharpedge

Prophet

Meredoth

Most spells are capped to caster level = 20. Those who can go above caster lv 20 are very few and most of then require a mythic path like Lich. Legend is amazing for martial classes. IDK if a lv 20 caster/lv 20 martial who uses spells to support his melee can work but I never saw a good legend caster build.
Most spells state they are capped at caster level 20*. This is not in fact true. Barkskin, Shield of Faith and Magical Vestment for example all give extra AC as their caster level increases above 20, despite the fact that their tooltip explicitly states that it is not the case. I haven't bothered checking offensive spells since I don't like playing offensive casters, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also continue above CL 20 as well.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Came across a reddit post talking about the codex backer quest. And...
wkLXVCBpbNHdi9U.png
Well, one of ideas was:
I would like a quest to hunt down and kill every russian involved in the making of kingfaker.

I hate when kicstarter projects allows backers to make quests, and design weapons, and other stuff. When they are not developers, quests like that typically hurts the game.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What exactly is peoples problem with that quest? Takes all of 3 minutes to dimension door to the 3 statues to disable the respawns and then mop up the remaining enemies. Only "annoying" part is the abyssal pit traps that you can easily avoid and/or disable.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
dMCEqze.png

JE1CsSq.png

kciuDNx.png

Aivu is so ingenuous and childish. This is my second run. I was planning to wait OwlCat fix ICe prison but got tired of waiting, so I'm playing as a Azata cryomancer and OMG. So many things that I din't explored in my rushed run. Mainly in chapter 3. I din't did most companions quest, nor Blackwater. BTW, I as an Azata got this powerful army of Treant.

TtFYlHM.png

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

So here Is my take on It.
The writing has great and bad moments to be expected in a game filled like this i am quote surprised some people believe BG has a good writing when on the old infinity games planescape was the One with the great writing.

I like the companions i don't mind of there Is a couple of lesbian as long that Is presented well and thats the case here rather than "oh i sell stuff i was a man First but now i identify as a woman even of i have a dick" now that Is woke agenda.

I felt like companions had a believable personality and the game Is not shy to show your faliures and the Ones of others. Even the orc paladin at some point She cant take It anymore and Is about to give up.

I found the companions enough unique both in personality and in background. That Is an huge improvement than kingmaker where your companions for the most part are stereotypes coming from their classes. I am loving also the First you encounters and the Queen May look like a Mary sue but play enough and you Will figure how wrong you were.

I loved the character creations the classes and the variants and i absolutely love the mythic paths.

The wiritng while not at the levels of planescape Is way Better than baldurs gate 2 considering also the branches of the story you can take.

And please quit ti Say this game Is woke. I know that cancer Is plaguing american media but this Is not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The interface improvements after the patch 1.1.0k are significant and really good.

Makes you think, though, why it took them so long to realize that they can make the information window wider?

Sharpedge

Prophet
IF you meta know the gimmick.
Or paying attention to what happens in the first 2 turns of combat.
Or, just like you said before
Takes all of 3 minutes to dimension door to the 3 statues to disable the respawns and then mop up the remaining enemies.
So, fast and easy IF you know the gimmick and prepared Dimension Door.
To be fair, I didn't find it too bad either, even when I went into it blind. I recall there being a brief cutscene where it shows you each of the statues being surrounded in fog, kind of hinting you should do something with them. Even on solo characters without dimension door that fight does not take too long, you can run from 1 statue to another fairly quickly, ignoring the enemies entirely and just running from 1 statue to another is not particularly dangerous.

I do share the hatred for the Enigma, although it has nothing to do with the puzzles for me and everything to do with the 500 sphinxes+retrievers copy pasted all over the place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom