Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi - new Exp. Inc dungeon RPG

Jinn

Arcane
What citation can I provide for you, Tse Tse Fly?

Adenocaulon

Educated
I wonder if localisations of japanese dungeon crawlers sell more in pc or consoles.

It is rare that such a niche subgenre is not always released for pc, console exclusivity seems counterproductive for games that does not sell so much.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Dungeon Crawlers are amazing on portable consoles, they are made for it, can't go back to playing those on pc. I only play strategy games on PC or simulators.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Gud girl.:love:

ss_de4bd1f6368c6515f4f7bc45aa12c3ad3a8996ee.1920x1080.jpg

Chest expander?

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
If i still didn't have to finish Stranger Of Sword City Revisited (35ish hours in, still got a LOT left. excellent game!) i'd day one purchase and play this. I'm sure it's going to be fiyahhhh. :) Back to Sword City I go for now!

Vorark

Erudite
Strange Journey vibes with the whole "you're part of an elite group out to explore a mysterious structure (black hole) filled with monsters that suddenly rises from the ground (appears on the south pole.)" Looks promising.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Strange Journey vibes with the whole "you're part of an elite group out to explore a mysterious structure (black hole) filled with monsters that suddenly rises from the ground (appears on the south pole.)" Looks promising.
Some portraits are from 10 years old in school swimsuits, don't know how much of an elite that can be. Maybe they will censor it.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Coming out on the 28th of October on Steam

Edit: sorry guys, I overlooked this was already posted

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I mean, the game has some creepie enemies, but i wouldn't say that is a proper horror game. If you want a dungeon crawler with horror elements play the spirit hunter series from the same developer, it's really good.

distant

Learned
I mean, the game has some creepie enemies, but i wouldn't say that is a proper horror game. If you want a dungeon crawler with horror elements play the spirit hunter series from the same developer, it's really good.

Thought Spirit Hunter was a VN?

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Watch a review, it's more of a point and click adventure while there's some combat in first person, i don't want to spoil much.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah, I only played the first game of that series so can't say for later games but it's more of visual novel with adventure-like puzzles. "Combat" and "dungeon crawl" are more of stylistic presentation of puzzles and exploration. Even stats doesn't have much meaning other than characterization. What you do is essentially same with other similar adventure games. It was fun and interesting for what it is, but not a dungeon crawler/RPG.

I heard it was meant to be more of an RPG in pre-production though. Maybe this game, Undernauts, is originated from that early concepts.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Is ps4/switch also delayed? At least was not in psstore just now.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
I saw that the "requires a controller" warning on the Steam page was gone and assumed it was only delayed on PC so they could fix that glaring oversight. A quick glance at Youtube tells me it is out on Switch and people have been playing it (not just those who got codes from the publisher, or if they did they didn't mention it).

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I saw that the "requires a controller" warning on the Steam page was gone and assumed it was only delayed on PC so they could fix that glaring oversight. A quick glance at Youtube tells me it is out on Switch and people have been playing it (not just those who got codes from the publisher, or if they did they didn't mention it).

okay I just checked psstore and did not find it

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I'm pressing F5 to see if someone uploads the switch version, lots of shovelware came out today and everything except undernauts was uploaded.
:negative:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Seems like it is on psstore but NA not eu :0-13:

Edit so got it working after 30minutes. Had to make fake usa account and buy gift cards. Did not know that usa has some retarded system where 60 dollar game actually cost 65 dollars

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Okay just finished main game took 29 hours so quite short. There are still like 4 optional post game areas but I probably skip those.

Overall worse than Sword City but better than Sapphire Wings. There is no voice acting for any character which is quite surprising since they could have just used
sword city voices.

Game was very easy only died twice both times to final boss. Had to grind 30 minutes for that. Dungeon design & mechanics were fine and you are quite free to explore it is surprisingly open worldly~

Story is very bare bone but decent enough for blobber.

Some tilting aspects in the game:

Even if you start combat (run into the enemy) there is a chance that you are ambushed. I was probably underleveled end game and every second fight was ambush.
Too many stat/exp boosting items. None of the decisions when making characters is permanent you can switch class / attributes freely.
Also you can remove / add any skill while in dungeon so you can first use skillpoints for buffing skills then remove those and use for something else. Tried this only once for final boss.

Overall I would say 6.5/10 probably not going to replay it.

Jinn

Arcane
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds pretty shit. The DRPG god truly has abandoned this world. The lukewarm reception DUNGEON ENCOUNTERS got sure isn't going to help summon him back.

Adenocaulon

Educated
One question, someone mentioned that the game is saving constantly. I wonder if there is permadeath if all your characters die, or they just return to the hub if defeated (or other penalization), or you can only revive them if a part of the party can survive, otherwise they are lost.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
One question, someone mentioned that the game is saving constantly. I wonder if there is permadeath if all your characters die, or they just return to the hub if defeated (or other penalization), or you can only revive them if a part of the party can survive, otherwise they are lost.

no permadeath or penalization. Also no revive items so need to go to the base to resurrect

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom