Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And so it ends:

Only the strongest survive, only the bravest make it to the end.

24 streamers competed from 20th of September until 1st of November to beat Wrath of the Righteous in The Last Azlanti mode on Normal difficulty.

Only 4 made it to the end, and only one was worthy to become The Last Azlanti!

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Judging by how they are struggling one might think they are playing on Hard or at least on Core. However, it's just Normal. With Death Door enabled.

Freaking... streamers.

Delterius

Arcane
Has anyone tried to heighten a spell to 9th level? I'm trying to write a 9th level Archon's Aura, but this arrow won't let me go over 8th level:

arrow.png

Am I missing something here?
Been bugged since they fixed having to actually Heighten the spell in order to increase its DC. Used to be you could quicken everything and that would increase DCs. That's how it was in Kingmaker too.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyway super game. I didn't like kingmaker DLCs a lot so I am not expecting much here, but if they polish the base game, bugs, performance (not sure about loading times, I guess that's impossible to fix as Kingmaker has still the problem), itemization and XP gaining (I finished the game with 8 milion XP) its a classic.

Definetly codex GOTY of the year.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I need someone to help me understand the Mythic Carnivorous Crystal's Entrap ability, because I can't wrap my head around its behavior and the in-game description leaves something to be desired:

entrap.png

This is what confuses me:

save.png

I mean... what is this supposed to be? An attack that kills you when you... DON'T fail your saving throw two times in a row? Is it bugged or is there a plausible explanation for this? A standard Entrap special ability should do nothing on a successful save...

Tsubutai

Educated
The logs don't always have their entries in any apparent chronological or logical order - is it possible that you have a missed save message somewhere after the "you died" entry?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The logs don't always have their entries in any apparent chronological or logical order - is it possible that you have a missed save message somewhere after the "you died" entry?
I'm 99% sure I didn't miss anything. I play in TB mode and nothing happened before or after these two attacks. After that death, the Crystal just targeted another character with his remaining attacks. The only explanation I can think of is that for some reason its Entrap ability still affects the character even on a successful save. It's either a bug or the result of a mythic ability that I haven't found yet. Not that I'm complaining (it's kinda fair on a creature that dies with two Maximized Polar Ray), but I just can't understand.

An important thing to note is that my character immediately becomes helpless after the Crystal's first attack, regardless of the outcome of his saving throw. Not only that, but he can still act in his round even while helpless.

volklore

Arcane
It's the same with Vavakia Vanguard fear aura (Heroic invocation doesn't provide immunity for it, but lvl 1 spell remove fear does kek). It doesn't have a tooltip. Seems to be a running gag on late game enemies.

Efe

Erudite
first appearence is chapter 1 with the guy in tavern that gives you claw of jistka.
last one is chapter 5 water chip fetch quest

lycanwarrior

Scholar
first appearence is chapter 1 with the guy in tavern that gives you claw of jistka.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar on Twitter or Resetera bashing Owlcat games for catering to evil right-wing nationalists aka the RPG Codex lmao :shredder:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar on Twitter or Resetera bashing Owlcat games for catering to evil right-wing nationalists aka the RPG Codex lmao :shredder:

The Rainbow brigade doesn't actually game. The few who tried Wrath are still trying to figure out how to savescum their way through the prologue after running into Hosilla and the elementals before giving up in tears and shame.

cw8

Cipher
Ok finished the game

Areelu hardest fight of the game. She fully heals her 1300 HP 3/4 times while casting quickend polar midnight/clashing rocks/prismatic sprays and shieeeeeeet. She is also immune to critical hits, cold, and a shitload of things.
I reloaed several times until I finally finished to bruteforce her with only 1 companion dead. I guess there must be another and easier way but no idea what.
Life would have probably been easier if I did the recipe that gives plus 3 to saving throws also.

2nd hardest fight in the game was the Threeshold camp invasion. Because its fucking bugged and instead of controlling 6 companions I had 4 companions plus my merc that was with me in threeshold (so no control) and his animal companion that instead somehow was ALSO in the camp.
So basically I had Lann, Aru, Greybor and Sosiel plus animal companion wtf.

Hardest is Areshkagal, imo. Areelu has only one phase if you pass the knowledge and persuasion check. If you fail that, you go through the 2nd phase which is much harder where she splits herself into 3. Not sure how I won but she kinda burned herself down.
Areshkagal has 3 phases you cannot avoid. Phase 2 summons lots of mobs all around with Rfits of Ruin and transits straight to phase 3 where he splits himself into 4, all with the same stats. You hope that they go after your many summons instead of you because they all hit like a truck

lycanwarrior

Scholar

The Rainbow brigade doesn't actually game. The few who tried Wrath are still trying to figure out how to savescum their way through the prologue after running into Hosilla and the elementals before giving up in tears and shame.

I'll be shocked if they even get past character creation due to not being their ideal Chad disable black tranny lol.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I'll be shocked if they even get past character creation due to not being their ideal Chad disable black tranny lol.

Starting a change.org petition to get Owlcats to implement combat wheelchairs as a mount option.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar on Twitter or Resetera bashing Owlcat games for catering to evil right-wing nationalists aka the RPG Codex lmao
All healers are black. Black strong woman Sheela. And black sensitive cleric Sosiel.
And then you have all various horn and spider legs stuff...

So yea, they don't have real need to complain. This game isn't exactly controversial.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar on Twitter or Resetera bashing Owlcat games for catering to evil right-wing nationalists aka the RPG Codex lmao
All healers are black. Black strong woman Sheela. And black sensitive cleric Sosiel.
And then you have all various horn and spider legs stuff...

So yea, they don't have real need to complain. This game isn't exactly controversial.

And a fudge-packer to boot ew...

Probably why even the Japanese game companies are starting to cave to the bloodlust of cultural Marxist mobsters. Else you get cancelled like the creator of Friday Nights at Freddys.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Started a first clear run after the big patch, wasn't playing for a while. Seems that the trannyfication of the game increased tenfold for me. A lot of generic human(oid) mob now have a "female with a ginger ponytail" model, for example all of the male cultist mages and even some of the zombies. Is that a common bug? Or maybe a feature?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
61b24c21-7292-4b49-8c03-52b49a5d680c.png

Started a first clear run after the big patch, wasn't playing for a while. Seems that the trannyfication of the game increased tenfold for me. A lot of generic human(oid) mob now have a "female with a ginger ponytail" model, for example all of the male cultist mages and even some of the zombies. Is that a common bug? Or maybe a feature?
Are you implying that not all gingers with ponytails are demon cultists?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Ok finished the game

Areelu hardest fight of the game. She fully heals her 1300 HP 3/4 times while casting quickend polar midnight/clashing rocks/prismatic sprays and shieeeeeeet. She is also immune to critical hits, cold, and a shitload of things.
I reloaed several times until I finally finished to bruteforce her with only 1 companion dead. I guess there must be another and easier way but no idea what.
Life would have probably been easier if I did the recipe that gives plus 3 to saving throws also.

2nd hardest fight in the game was the Threeshold camp invasion. Because its fucking bugged and instead of controlling 6 companions I had 4 companions plus my merc that was with me in threeshold (so no control) and his animal companion that instead somehow was ALSO in the camp.

Hardest is Areshkagal, imo. Areelu has only one phase if you pass the knowledge and persuasion check. If you fail that, you go through the 2nd phase which is much harder where she splits herself into 3. Not sure how I won but she kinda burned herself down.
Areshkagal has 3 phases you cannot avoid. Phase 2 summons lots of mobs all around with Rfits of Ruin and transits straight to phase 3 where he splits himself into 4, all with the same stats. You hope that they go after your many summons instead of you because they all hit like a truck
I found Areshkagal to be a complete pushover. Whilst he does have many phases, you can easily buff your AC + Saves to the point where nothing he can do will harm you. Even if you dispel every single buff on Areelu, she still had 68 touch AB on spells like polar ray on Core (haven't fought her on unfair since the change, so I don't know how high she is there). It is much more difficult to out stat Areelu and consequently she is threatening for a larger proportion of builds.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok finished the game

Unless he was nerfed in 1.10, I found him pretty easy tbh. He died the first attempt.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Ok finished the game

I found Areshkagal to be a complete pushover. Whilst he does have many phases, you can easily buff your AC + Saves to the point where nothing he can do will harm you. Even if you dispel every single buff on Areelu, she still had 68 touch AB on spells like polar midnight on Core (haven't fought her on unfair since the change, so I don't know how high she is there). It is much more difficult to out stat Areelu and consequently she is threatening for a larger proportion of builds.
Honestly It largly depends on Mythic Path, Any Lich for example ,merged or not, can turn Areelu and Areshkagal into complete jokes on most difficulties but might need to work harder to defeat Iz Deskari than other paths. Basically Deadly magic (which you can get as a lich ability or simply from having your phylactory) auto silences anything you land spell damage on without any save or nothing (and you have resistance bypassing guaranteed damage spells), while corrupt magic is the best dispel in the game because it leaves them weaker than they initially were prebuffs, Long story short Areely doesn't even get to cast a spell.

There is also things like Death to the elements that'll make you effectively immune to all her damage but I feel that's just luxury. In general Lich just seems built to turn any caster you face into a joke.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Ok finished the game

I found Areshkagal to be a complete pushover. Whilst he does have many phases, you can easily buff your AC + Saves to the point where nothing he can do will harm you. Even if you dispel every single buff on Areelu, she still had 68 touch AB on spells like polar midnight on Core (haven't fought her on unfair since the change, so I don't know how high she is there). It is much more difficult to out stat Areelu and consequently she is threatening for a larger proportion of builds.
Honestly It largly depends on Mythic Path, Any Lich for example ,merged or not, can turn Areelu and Areshkagal into complete jokes on most difficulties but might need to work harder to defeat Iz Deskari than other paths. Basically Deadly magic (which you can get as a lich ability or simply from having your phylactory) auto silences anything you land spell damage on without any save or nothing (and you have resistance bypassing guaranteed damage spells), while corrupt magic is the best dispel in the game because it leaves them weaker than they initially were prebuffs, Long story short Areely doesn't even get to cast a spell.

There is also things like Death to the elements that'll make you effectively immune to all her damage but I feel that's just luxury. In general Lich just seems built to turn any caster you face into a joke.
I tried to make my response as path agnostic as possible because yeah, experiences will vary from path to path. Angel can win the Areelu fight in the first turn with the grandmaster's rod + speed of light. Casting 2 bolts of justice automatically ends the encounter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom