Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I got distracted for a moment because I noticed that the table kinda looks like a penis and:

oEAsWSY.png

What is even happening in this game

EDIT: ok, this council meeting is incredible:

U1K6Vfx.png

Sharpedge

Prophet
Is there anyway to prevent ability score drain (not damage) other than the Angel mythic aura?
If this question relates to Polar Midnight, there is nothing in the game which prevents it from reducing attributes (Angel Mythic Aura included).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
When I said
that Areelu is the hardest fight in the game, I didn't mean she was the hardest to beat, just the strongest opponent.
Hardest fight for me is still Chivarro (pre lilitu nerf) and the generic mob of demons in front of Savamelekh mansion at level 15. Only two fights I gave up and came back when leveled up.
Its funny because I don't see people complaining about those two.

Yosharian

Arcane
Is there anyway to prevent ability score drain (not damage) other than the Angel mythic aura?
If this question relates to Polar Midnight, there is nothing in the game which prevents it from reducing attributes (Angel Mythic Aura included).
It is Polar Ray which drains DEX, not Polar Midnight

Ways to avoid Polar Ray:

High Touch AC
Debuff enemy attack bonus
Debuff enemy with statuses that affect attacks e.g. blindness

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Polar midnight still drains attributes.
I think ice body should block the drain also.

Mauman

Learned
Whelp, the game still has plenty of bugs and running issues, but at least I know that the devs are focusing on the important bits.

Like...

Gaudy as FUCK beards for everyone

Bmf1OWb.jpeg

Actually, I'm only being half-serious here. I noticed a LOT of graphical updates. Didn't even recognize my troops. Also noticed that many of the enemy portraits went from baldies to actually having details and shit.

Still, a part of me wishes they'd focus on getting all items and abilities to work before cosmetic stuff.

I'll admit I'm glad they changed the crusader mode UI though.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
It is Polar Ray which drains DEX, not Polar Midnight

Ways to avoid Polar Ray:

High Touch AC
I know, their names are similar, just typed the wrong one in conversation. Considering the spoilered discussion further up it should be fairly obvious that this is known, but it should also be fairly obvious that unless you are playing legend, it isn't easy to obtain values of touch AC above 88.

cw8

Cipher
I found Areshkagal to be a complete pushover. Whilst he does have many phases, you can easily buff your AC + Saves to the point where nothing he can do will harm you. Even if you dispel every single buff on Areelu, she still had 68 touch AB on spells like polar midnight on Core (haven't fought her on unfair since the change, so I don't know how high she is there). It is much more difficult to out stat Areelu and consequently she is threatening for a larger proportion of builds.

I fought Areelu as a pure Monk/Angel, fully buffed party. Guess Monk's diamond soul and the Angel buffs really helped out with her spells. My weaker party members went down pretty quick but my Monk stood there till the end. Or maybe it was the +20 saving throws helm I put on my character. Saved against most of her spells. Areshkagal felt much harder since I fought him at level 18.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you fail 1 (or more) of the checks, and you talk to Pink Eye, you get some gloves that are pretty good for an unarmed character. :obviously:
For any character that uses natural attacks, including a Kineticist. Maybe it is a bug, but those "mighty fists" amulets worked the same way in Kingmaker.

cw8

Cipher
Wow, this is pretty cool

I threw myself in to close the Worldwound and of course the ending slides played. This time round, I threw Areelu in and I got this option to kill Deskari off for good and you actually go to another map and get to fight him again:

deskari.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Wow, this is pretty cool

I threw myself in to close the Worldwound and of course the ending slides played. This time round, I threw Areelu in and I got this option to kill Deskari off for good and you actually go to another map and get to fight him again:

deskari.jpg

Does it happen only if you are angel? and most important, can you rest before going?

cw8

Cipher
Wow, this is pretty cool

deskari.jpg

Does it happen only if you are angel? and most important, can you rest before going?

Confirmed you actually fight him. I only have one playthrough as an Angel, looks like an Angel thing, since they setup the holy barricade to prevent demonlords from fleeing. They did that to Baphomet as well earlier in Act 4.
You teleport to his map right instantly after Areelu so you still have all your buffs. If you won Areelu, Deskari is pretty much cheesecake:

deskari1.jpg

Mauman

Learned
Interesting. So Angel is not only over the top, but also unlocks the non retarded ending? Cool, I just had the last fight on my run and didn't feel much like doing it, now I look forward to it.

There's another path that can do this.

Swarm of all things

Evidently Deskari doesn't like you infringing on his copyright :P

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
We use the same companions cw8 exept I had Camellia instead of Aru.
Also I see power attack disabled. Basically I could only use it with mobs too, where it isn't even that needed, not all of them also (e.g. thundercaller gallu, mythic balors no power attack). Not sure I will pick it next playthorugh.

cw8

Cipher
So Angel basically

Ascends if you want to and pseudo does the secret ending without trying haha. And you Ion Cannon Deskari's realm to add salt to injury.

angelending.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So Angel basically

Ascends if you want to and pseudo does the secret ending without trying haha. And you Ion Cannon Deskari's realm to add salt to injury.

angelending.jpg

how does it work? If you close the wound killing Arelu you keep the mythic powers?

cw8

Cipher
We use the same companions cw8 exept I had Camellia instead of Aru.
Also I see power attack disabled. Basically I could only use it with mobs too, where it isn't even that needed, not all of them also (e.g. thundercaller gallu, mythic balors no power attack). Not sure I will pick it next playthorugh.

I'm not good at building characters, so I just went pure level 20 classes. Tbh, my main and Seelah can't really hit any named major bosses, those with 60+ AC on Core, they pretty much just tank. Amber and Aru's the only 2 doing all the killing, especially Ember. Nenio's for the buffs and mass killing mobs with Weird. Daeren for healing.

cw8

Cipher
If you kill Deskari before you kill his mobs, you can even loot him mid battle and get his Scythe. You won't have time to equip it or chance to use it though:

riftcarver.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom