Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Caim

Arcane
Broke: Having a UI because it's a game.
Woke: Have your UI on your back, guns and projected in front of you because it makes sense for lore reasons (aka the Dead Space approach).
Bespoke: Tiddy health bar.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Bespoke: Tiddy health bar.

Fun fact: you don't have legs in Trespasser. You're tits, an arm and a couple of items glued on an invisible rolling ball - causing interesting problems in locomotion. Bunny hopping is sadly optimal in Trespasser.

Second fun fact: if I remember right - but I'm maybe misremembering, been years since I've read that - even the tiddy health bar was an emergency solution because they could not find a proper diegetic way to represent health. When they were forced to throw out the game - Trespasser development was an amusing mess - they went "fuck it" and got the giant tiddies with heart tattoo, much like "we can make only one arm work properly, fuck it".

The Decline

Arcane
I wish someone would take a crack at making another Trespasser, there's a disturbing lack of games with scary dinosaurs. Capcom is unwilling to bring back Dino Crisis and all the recent Jurassic Park games are just theme park simulators.

Mikeal

Arcane
jefpr2vgadx71.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are most modern-day gamers who stream nothing more than man-babies with low self-esteem? Or are games now being made to condition people's thoughts? You decide!

The latest 'fad' indie horror game is called 'Poppy Playtime', where you explore an abandoned toy factory while avoiding the mother of all Sesame Street-rejects.

The first puzzle of the game is figuring out the combination to a numerical lock... that has no numbers on it, only colors.

Now note how various streamers react to this puzzle... and especially just after they solve it.

(I apologize in advance for making you watch streamers like these, which is why I point out the timestamps.)

First up is Jolly Wangcore (skip to the 5:40 mark)

Then we have Ohmwrecker (skip to the 5:20 mark)

Now it's Markiplier's turn (skip to the 5:10 mark)

Then it's some weeaboo anime faggotry-streamer I'm not gonna bother to name (skip to 2:22)

And finally we have the "oldest" gameplay video of the game (skip to 4:24)

"I am teh smart!"

If you're gonna use logs and diaries to give background on the story, you better make them very visible. You don't want people missing them because the black tapes blended with the shadows of the scenery and then finish the game confused about what happened.

lightbane

Arcane
Each video can be rated from least obnoxious to most. At least Jolly is an actual, legit retard, as he's too good at acting otherwise.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Each video can be rated from least obnoxious to most. At least Jolly is an actual, legit retard, as he's too good at acting otherwise.

Jolly being legit retarded is what makes his videos fun tbh.

He's also fully self-aware about being an idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom